The Official Site of the Montréal Canadiens
Canadiens de Montreal

Martin Reway

• 2 months later...

Update. According to EOTP, the Habs must sign Reway before June 1st, 5 PM, EST., or "he will cease affiliation with the club, and re-enter the draft in 2015."

Adrew Berkshire:

"UPDATE: I spoke with Martin Reway's agent, Michal Sivek, and he says that the Canadiens have not made an offer to Martin Reway.

UPDATE 2: According to a source in Slovakia, the Canadiens' representation there are sure that Reway did in fact receive a Bona Fide Offer, and he will remain property of the Canadiens until June 1st, 2017. There seems to have been some miscommunication between Reway's representation and the Canadiens, but the Habs' capologist John Sedgwick has proven time and again to be very in tuned with the CBA, and he's unlikely to make this kind of mistake. If the Canadiens are in fact wrong and lose Reway's rights, it would be a huge shock.

Full article can be found here:

http://www.habseyesontheprize.com/prospects/2015/5/25/8656275/canadiens-prospect-martin-reway-draft-pick-contract

Update. According to EOTP, the Habs must sign Reway before June 1st, 5 PM, EST., or "he will cease affiliation with the club, and re-enter the draft in 2015."

Adrew Berkshire:

"UPDATE: I spoke with Martin Reway's agent, Michal Sivek, and he says that the Canadiens have not made an offer to Martin Reway.

UPDATE 2: According to a source in Slovakia, the Canadiens' representation there are sure that Reway did in fact receive a Bona Fide Offer, and he will remain property of the Canadiens until June 1st, 2017. There seems to have been some miscommunication between Reway's representation and the Canadiens, but the Habs' capologist John Sedgwick has proven time and again to be very in tuned with the CBA, and he's unlikely to make this kind of mistake. If the Canadiens are in fact wrong and lose Reway's rights, it would be a huge shock.

Full article can be found here:

http://www.habseyesontheprize.com/prospects/2015/5/25/8656275/canadiens-prospect-martin-reway-draft-pick-contract

Well, that would be horrible... Reway seems like a very interesting prospect who totally has the potential to be an NHL regular someday.

• 4 months later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 4 months later...

'The five-foot-nine Reway, drafted 116th overall in 2013 by Montreal, split last season between Sparta Prague in the Czech league, where he had five goals and 10 assists in 14 games, and Fribourg-Gotteron in Switzerland, where he eight goals and 21 points in 19 games.'

http://www.cbc.ca/sports/hockey/nhl/martin-reway-3-year-contract-canadiens-1.3587683

I was more interested in Reway signing than Lehkonen so good to see. I was a little disappointed with his lack of offence in the Worlds, but he has played some very disciplined hockey and this is not the junior players he has been matched up against in the past.

I'm not sure he had the best linemates in a pretty tough tournament and Slovakia definitely struggled when it came to scoring goals. The competition for spots on the big club is going to be good. Although LW he is yet another option at center which I don't think we can ever have too many centres. I could see him fitting in well beside either Eller or Plekanec and maybe even McCarron. The fact Reway mentioned playing in North America appears to show he is committed.

Someone who I am still looking forward to seeing but may be less likely to come over is Nygren. If Bergevin can get him signed despite his commitment to Farjestad I would say his off season has been fairly successful.

• 3 months later...
  • 11 months later...
1 hour ago, Habituallity said:

Be a great story if he comes to camp and lights it up

Given the Habs recent record of drafting and development, it would be a great story if any prospect lights it up, although your point about Reway is well-taken. Hopefully he fares better coming back from a serious illness than Tim Bozon.

• 1 month later...

Unconditional waivers for terminating his contract. What a shame, a couple years ago it seemed like he had a great chance to be an NHLer. He's been saying he doesn't feel up to the pace of the AHL conditioning-wise, must suck to know you were totally capable of keeping up before losing a year to illness.