The Official Site of the Montréal Canadiens
Canadiens de Montreal

2013/14 State of the Hamilton Bulldogs

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...

A little update on the Bulldogs here. They're currently last place in the western conference and tied with a league worst 140 goals for. Last season the Bulldogs finished dead last in the AHL standings and had a league worst 159 goals for. The season before that the Bulldogs finished second last in the western conference and had a league worst 185 goals for. The future is bright!

A little update on the Bulldogs here. They're currently last place in the western conference and tied with a league worst 140 goals for. Last season the Bulldogs finished dead last in the AHL standings and had a league worst 159 goals for. The season before that the Bulldogs finished second last in the western conference and had a league worst 185 goals for. The future is bright!

Please turn the light off I prefer to be in the dark. When your best offensive players are part of your defence that can happen. Hopefuly Holland anda few others can have a better impact next. year. If they are trying o teach a defensive system that will happen too. Not sure what they will do with that group players or if it will be the coach that gets moved. The call ups were pretty minimal this year.

Please turn the light off I prefer to be in the dark. When your best offensive players are part of your defence that can happen. Hopefuly Holland anda few others can have a better impact next. year. If they are trying o teach a defensive system that will happen too. Not sure what they will do with that group players or if it will be the coach that gets moved. The call ups were pretty minimal this year.

From what I've read it is the coaching staff in Hamilton... Bergevin is 0-2 for Head coaches in Hamilton and Montreal IMO.

• 2 weeks later...

Michael Andlauer who owns the Bulldogs and is part owner of the Habs says changes will be made before the start of next season for the Dogs. The article makes it seem as if a coaching change is going to be one of them.

http://www.thespec.com/sports-story/4428898-ahl-not-happy-with-the-play-of-the-bulldogs-neither-is-the-owner/

Michael Andlauer who owns the Bulldogs and is part owner of the Habs says changes will be made before the start of next season for the Dogs. The article makes it seem as if a coaching change is going to be one of them.

http://www.thespec.com/sports-story/4428898-ahl-not-happy-with-the-play-of-the-bulldogs-neither-is-the-owner/

Sounds like an overhaul is due.

Connor Crisp and Brady Vail have both signed contracts with the AHL’s Hamilton Bulldogs after completing their junior seasons.

Crisp, a 6-foot-3, 226-pound forward, played 67 games with the OHL’s Sudbury Wolves this season, posting 28-27-55 totals and 120 penalty minutes. He was selected by the Canadiens in the third round (71st overall) of the 2013 NHL draft.

Vail, a 6-foot, 194-pound forward played 67 games with the OHL’s Windsor Spitfires this season, posting 32-51-83 totals and 39 penalty minutes. He was selected by the Canadiens in the fourth round (94th overall) at the 2012 NHL draft.

MONTREAL, QUEBEC – Montreal Canadiens and Hamilton Bulldogs General Manager Marc Bergevin announced today the Bulldogs have signed defenceman Jonathan Narbonne to a try out agreement. In 58 games with the ECHL’s Gwinnett Gladiators this season, Narbonne has recorded 18 points (two goals, 16 assists) and 24 penalty minutes.

• 1 month later...

Forwards are too hard to guess right now but this is how I project their defense.

Bennett - Pateryn(they played together in Michigan)

Drewiske - Ellis

Thrower - Dietz(they played together in the WHL)

Extras will probably be free agents. Goalies will probably be Condon and Delmas or Condone and a free agent. Hopefully they finally get out of the basement this year

• 2 weeks later...

What a mess the forward situation is in Hamilton right now... in the span of a year or so, we've lost Kristo, Leblanc, Nattinen, and Avstin, which is not to say they were stellar prospects or anything, but all of our best bets to make the NHL or guys with upside are now playing elsewhere. We've also let Nygren walk, and we didn't sign Vail... yet we're stocked up on career AHLers and guys we've promoted from the ECHL and junior walk-ons. Our best prospects in Hamilton next year will be under-sized (Thomas, Holland, Hudon, Andrighetto) and none seems to be that close to making the NHL.

What a mess the forward situation is in Hamilton right now... in the span of a year or so, we've lost Kristo, Leblanc, Nattinen, and Avstin, which is not to say they were stellar prospects or anything, but all of our best bets to make the NHL or guys with upside are now playing elsewhere. We've also let Nygren walk, and we didn't sign Vail... yet we're stocked up on career AHLers and guys we've promoted from the ECHL and junior walk-ons. Our best prospects in Hamilton next year will be under-sized (Thomas, Holland, Hudon, Andrighetto) and none seems to be that close to making the NHL.

I think Andrighetto might have what it takes to make the NHL pretty soon but unfortunately it just wouldn't work with Desharnais, Gionta, and Gallagher already in the top 6.

I think Andrighetto might have what it takes to make the NHL pretty soon but unfortunately it just wouldn't work with Desharnais, Gionta, and Gallagher already in the top 6.

Bingo. There's absolutely nothing wrong with having a player or two who's 5'7" to 5'9", but we had more guys in that height range this past year than the entire Western conference. You need to have guys who complement each other well, and so long as the team clings to Desharnais and Gionta and Briere, there isn't room to add even more guys of that style. I agree with you that Andrighetto appears to be the best of the bunch in Hamilton right now, but I don't see any of those 4 guys I listed breaking into the Habs line-up next year unless two of our current smurfs are gone.

Bingo. There's absolutely nothing wrong with having a player or two who's 5'7" to 5'9", but we had more guys in that height range this past year than the entire Western conference. You need to have guys who complement each other well, and so long as the team clings to Desharnais and Gionta and Briere, there isn't room to add even more guys of that style. I agree with you that Andrighetto appears to be the best of the bunch in Hamilton right now, but I don't see any of those 4 guys I listed breaking into the Habs line-up next year unless two of our current smurfs are gone.

A rather bleak picture by the sound of this... and what about the coaching staff situation too boot.

Archived