The Official Site of the Montréal Canadiens
Canadiens de Montreal

Old Wallpapers / Signatures / Avats

Guest kanudiggit

Guest .scott.
I couldnt find any good Kovalev pic with a Russia jersey on...i'm not really happy with the outcome but i hope you like it...tell me if you dont..

kovy.jpg

Even though it's not for me, I'll really like it. It's simple. I like it.

.scott.

• Replies 4.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest HABSrulzzz
I couldnt find any good Kovalev pic with a Russia jersey on...i'm not really happy with the outcome but i hope you like it...tell me if you dont..

kovy.jpg

its cool its very simple sometimes the simple ones are the best

Guest CanadianMike
I have a Plek one but someone is using it (on this forum)...but if it's only for myspace you can use it..If you want it just tell me and i'll post the link.

yes please.....always enjoy your sigs.

Guest hip_hip_huet
I need help!! I was playing around with photoshop, trying to make a sig, and this was the best I could do. Can somebody please tell me how I can make it better.

You're off to a good start, just by trying things out. The way I started was looking for tutorials on the internet and learning different skills and techniques. From there, really it was just a matter of playing around and experimenting on my own. Don't be discouraged if your first works aren't as sharp as some of the other ones of these boards - these people have been going at it for years... One good place that I go to for photoshop tutorials is deviantart.com (they're found under the resources category). Searching on google is just as effective though.

If you want direct criticism for your last sig, I was always a fan of more dynamic backgrounds. You can try to get another habs picture and fade it a bit, or make it in black and white... That's what I've been doing with my latest ones. If you look at older ones of mine, I actually just followed tutorials for cool patterns and images and used those as backgrounds. In addition, I use the extract tool to take the player out of the picture, but that is not too easy (you have to color along the border, still touching the player, and then use the touchup tool in the extract screen, a little complicated). If you want more immediate results, I also use the erase tool, as it leaves a more smooth cutout. Most importantly, just play around with all the different filter effects. See what each one does, and combine them - duplicate layers and use different filters on each until you get to a look that you like.

I really hope that helps you a bit in the future. Honestly, I just learned by messing around with photoshop - never read any complicated books or long essay-like instructions or tutorials. Have fun! And don't give up... Good luck

Guest Mrs. Mike Johnson
Guest olddude

I see that there are members willing to make sigs for other members who don't know how. I have to admit that I am one of the latter.

So I have a request to make of anyone willing to do it for me. As you can see I have 5 ghosts in my sig. I would like to make them a little larger and if possible put a name on each of them.

As far as the names go, I would like to start a "Name the Ghosts" thread and leave it open for about a week and let all the members submit their favorite past Habs greats. After the week count up the votes and go with the top 5.

There is no special reason for 5 ghosts, just had to stop somewhere.

I would appreciate any comments on this idea from the Mods.

As far as any other features in the sig, I leave that to the artistic mind of the creator. If there is more than one taker I think the members could vote on the winner.

Just an idea, look forward to any responses.

Guest hip_hip_huet
Just a word of advice, stocks+c4d's=better than brushes. This advice is for non newbs (not beginners). Beginners, feel free to use brushes, but don't overly rely on them to make a sig, it's not the best thing to do.

Hey, I've heard about c4ds for ages now, but what is that? Can you use them in photoshop or just cinema motion 4d... Also, where do you get your stocks from

I can PM you the sight with stock photos, but you have tojoin (for free, though). I can PM you the sight. Just blend the stocks into the BG, to give it depth. For c4d's, just google em, or search them. Put them on Lighten, Screen, Color Dodge, Linear Dodge, only! (Well, that was what I was told) Then erase the parts that you don't like, and there, it adds more flow to you bg, and sig.

Guest habs_fan_4_life
You're off to a good start, just by trying things out. The way I started was looking for tutorials on the internet and learning different skills and techniques. From there, really it was just a matter of playing around and experimenting on my own. Don't be discouraged if your first works aren't as sharp as some of the other ones of these boards - these people have been going at it for years... One good place that I go to for photoshop tutorials is deviantart.com (they're found under the resources category). Searching on google is just as effective though.

If you want direct criticism for your last sig, I was always a fan of more dynamic backgrounds. You can try to get another habs picture and fade it a bit, or make it in black and white... That's what I've been doing with my latest ones. If you look at older ones of mine, I actually just followed tutorials for cool patterns and images and used those as backgrounds. In addition, I use the extract tool to take the player out of the picture, but that is not too easy (you have to color along the border, still touching the player, and then use the touchup tool in the extract screen, a little complicated). If you want more immediate results, I also use the erase tool, as it leaves a more smooth cutout. Most importantly, just play around with all the different filter effects. See what each one does, and combine them - duplicate layers and use different filters on each until you get to a look that you like.

I really hope that helps you a bit in the future. Honestly, I just learned by messing around with photoshop - never read any complicated books or long essay-like instructions or tutorials. Have fun! And don't give up... Good luck

Thank you for your help!! I will keep trying:D

Guest Bud2790

Work on your cutting and maybe putting effects on the player..but it's a good start...check out tutorials if you havent checked them out yet..