• Replies 4.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

(looking good bud! ;))

Haha thanks again :P

Happy to help, as always. :)

In that spirit ...

Was playing around while on the phone and thought I would put this here if someone wants to use it. I've been keeping an eye on the Habs site galleries and waiting for good pictures of the new acquisitions in uniform and stumbled across Cammalleri.

cammallerisigcopy.png

http://img222.imageshack.us/img222/4219/ca...lerisigcopy.png

So uh...am I allowed to wear 2 sigs on this forum? :lol: Looks awesome!

Happy to help, as always. :)

In that spirit ...

Was playing around while on the phone and thought I would put this here if someone wants to use it. I've been keeping an eye on the Habs site galleries and waiting for good pictures of the new acquisitions in uniform and stumbled across Cammalleri.

cammallerisigcopy.png

http://img222.imageshack.us/img222/4219/ca...lerisigcopy.png

Omg ! This looks awesome. If nobody wants it, I think I'll use it later. :o

Ricochet: You can send me a message. Can you speak french? Can you send me a good tutorial. Thanks for all.

If I attempted to speak with you in french, I would likely confuse you, lol. :P Perhaps a friendly person will translate this for you if necessary.

Sorry, I've never heard of photofilter. I will take a look and see if I can find a good starting tutorial for you with GIMP. What does photofilter do that GIMP doesn't? I would recommend working exclusively with one program until you have a good base before adding another program. It's easier to learn one at a time.

Composition - Image placement and general design layout

Background - Can be a simple image or design, or you can compose your own

Texture and Variation - You can include these in your background or add other elements to make your piece seem less "flat"

Focal - The piece of the image that your eyes are drawn too. Either by using lighting, color or simple composition

Flow - Having multiple elements working together to create an overall effect. Simple flow would have everything trending in a similar direction

Hopefully breaking down some of the general ideas will allow you to focus on one at a time and eventually you will be able to incorporate all of them into one piece.

Here are 3 different ways to create a background for a sig. Keep composition/layout in mind and use one of these methods as a background. To apply a better focal, simply darken the areas farther from the focal, or start with a solid or gradient layer and apply the background on a new layer on top. Erase or reduce opacity on areas farther from the focal to reveal the base layer.

After you have created a suitable background, place your image in an appropriate place. I also suggest reducing the size of your text until you have had more practice at including it. If it is large and apart from the image, it tends to draw away from your focal. Try choosing a font that meshes with your sig as well, again, basic is better at this point.

Don't be afraid to place text on top, or partially on top of something else, it adds depth to the end result.

Abstract BACKGROUND TUTORIAL - http://www.trap17.com/index.php/Signature-...ial_t32200.html

Render BACKGROUND TUTORIAL - http://www.gimp-tutorials.com/tutorial/Gim...torial-383.html

Image BACKGROUND TUTORIAL - http://www.gimp-tutorials.com/tutorial/Crash-Course-382.html

I use the tutorial you give to me. I've change few things and I finish with photofiltre.

This is my new signature.

I see some definite progress, bordering, composition and variation. If you want to advance in steps, I would place lighting a couple steps farther down and concentrate on background and composition to begin with. It looks like the filtering ruined your lens flare here.

Good luck on the next pieces! :)

Omg ! This looks awesome. If nobody wants it, I think I'll use it later. :o

Thank you, and feel free. If you would prefer the Cammalleri one, I won't be offended. As I said, I wasn't satisfied with the AK one, but didn't want to keep you waiting. You can offer the AK one to someone else who may enjoy it. :)

Thank you. I will demand Photoshop for my birthday :P

It's pretty expensive, so if you are going to buy it, I suggest you tell your parents that you have an interest in graphic design (assuming you do!). That way it is an investment and not necessarily just a hobby. For now, you should be able to download a free trial (30 days I believe) and then you will be able to give it a test run before you decide to unlock it.

Nice, I really like the Lucic sig even if it is Lucic, nice effects and stuff. Pen tool, right?

lol, having a Lucic sig and having 'go habs go' written under seems contradictory to me... haha. ;)