The Official Site of the Montréal Canadiens
Canadiens de Montreal

Retired Canadiens

Guest archey

WOW,,, only took me a day and a half to find this thread. :rolleyes:

Anyway,,,Guy LaPointe will have his jersey retired this coming season.

About time IMO.

Serves you right for looking. :D :D

This is VERY good news to my mind. Congratulations are in order. Anything Canada to rub Boston's nose in it. :lol: :lol: Even so this is well deserved for both LaPointe and us.

• 2 months later...

Habs I/O:

"Montreal Canadiens legend Jean Béliveau is recovering at home from a bout of pneumonia.

Béliveau’s wife, Élise, told The Gazette’s Dave Stubbs on Sunday morning that recent Internet reports claiming the 83-year-old Hall of Famer is in a grave state of health are not true. Béliveau is resting at home responding to treatment, she said, and his recovery is being monitored."

• 4 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 2 months later...

Former Montreal Canadiens head coach and long-time assistant coach Claude Ruel died Monday at the age of 76.

Nicknamed 'Piton,' Ruel coached the Canadiens from 1968-1970 and again from 1979-1981, leading the team to a Stanley Cup in 1969.

Ruel was also an assistant coach with the Canadiens, working alongside head coaches Al MacNeil, Scotty Bowman and Bernie Geoffrion.

In five seasons under Ruel as head coach, the Canadiens won a Stanley Cup, made the playoffs three times and won three division titles.

• 1 month later...

Sure hope this gets him fired. DUI? Insulting players on the very team he is supposedly a "respected" analyst for? The guy may have been a great player in his time but Ive got zero respect for anything he's done since he hung up the skates.

The best part of the article is either him saying to the police officer “You can’t do that to me, I am Mario Tremblay,” or the fact that he called PK Subban Petty.

He was a great player but he really should have left his helmet on during retirement.

Tremblay/Houle what a dark time that was.

Ditto. Loved them both when they wore the Jersey. I don't have any problems with Houle. He was simply a victim of being put in a position he wasn't qualified for. Tremblay rubs me the wrong way since his retirement. He's like our Cherry,,,in love with himself and arrogant.

• 2 weeks later...

Here's a thread to talk about retired Habs.

I got the news that Elmer Lach has died at age 97. The Punch Line is now reunited. http://canadiens.nhl.com/club/news.htm?id=761438

I had someone ask me now who is the oldest Canadien. Also I have asked who is the oldest player in the entire NHL. If anybody has an answer for me on the oldest Hab now, I would appreciate it so I can forward it to my fellow Habs fan who asked.