The Official Site of the Montréal Canadiens
Canadiens de Montreal

Jiri Sekac

I will need some time to adjust to seeing number a 26 at forward and skating fast. B)

LOL Nicely done sir!

• 2 weeks later...

They could be waiting to see if he'll be sent down. He could stay for 9 games and then be sent down, if I'm not mistaken.

That rule wouldn't apply for him, as he's not eligible to play in junior. Even if he goes to the AHL, you don't stop counting the years on his free agency eligibility.

Did pretty well in his first career game. He looks like he belongs.

Certainly agree. Passed the pre-emptive test (in Game 1, anyways) .... that is, very few if any mistakes; constant right decisions.

After that, winning battles, making slick passes, scoring goals are all gravy. (Nice gravy, but still gravy.)

Hard to see him not proving to be an upgrade over the (current / last season) Gionta, before too long.

Agreed semantics.

Nice to see him get his first NHL goal.

I liked his preseason efforts, but thought he and his linemates (RB/Eller), looked lost at times,since the start of the season.

Thought he played his best game to date against the b's (not including preseason).

Eller and RB seem to be finding their groove again, I'm hoping the trend continues. Eller just signed that new contract (extension).

Now that he's earning more, we need to see more from him. Basically what we saw from him in the playoffs last year and during the 2012-13 season.

Still have high hopes for Eller. As for RB, hoping Sekac's raw energy can spark both Eller and RB, who both had a great post season last spring.

What I like about Sekac is that he's spent time around the net... his goal was a working-man's goal at the net, and he was robbed against Tampa from about 3 feet away as well. If he continues to go to the crease, he'll be rewarded with more goals.

Ageed; he's not a sniper a la Patches and Galchenyuk, and not even on a Gallagher or Plekanecs level. His goals will come from using his size to make a presence around the goal.

I really like Sekacs puck pursuit; he's really good on the forecheck, and to my mind, is already impressing me as the best back-checker on this team. He just doesn't let guys get away.

I'd love to see a line of Bournival-Eller-Sekac when Bournival comes back up. Would be an incredible forechecking line

I'm thinking the speed as well, bourny is fast, Eller is average and Sekac seems to be fast on his feet.

Could be interesting, but we'll see where bourny's game is when he comes back.

Remember bourny and Weise last season?

Granted they were going up against other teams bottom 6, but still, they were dangerous, flying around in the ozone.

Ageed; he's not a sniper a la Patches and Galchenyuk, and not even on a Gallagher or Plekanecs level. His goals will come from using his size to make a presence around the goal.

I really like Sekacs puck pursuit; he's really good on the forecheck, and to my mind, is already impressing me as the best back-checker on this team. He just doesn't let guys get away.

Thjat's one thing that impressed me against the b's. He wasn't afraid of the dirty areas and to throw the body. Caused several turnovers that turned into chances with well timed hits.

Granted they were going up against other teams bottom 6, but still, they were dangerous, flying around in the ozone.

Thjat's one thing that impressed me against the b's. He wasn't afraid of the dirty areas and to throw the body. Caused several turnovers that turned into chances with well timed hits.

Cakes had 5 hits in that game, tied with Gally-A