The Official Site of the Montréal Canadiens
Canadiens de Montreal

Jiri Sekac

I never liked him being sent down before. I think he does have chemistry with Eller and whatever we can do to keep Eller motivated is great. He disappears way to much. I like Prust with Elller and Sekac . Prust is underrated and has been playing great. Just because we get an additional scorer doesn't mean we have to put him on another line. The teams that have won recently are the teams that can run 3-4 lines and have that depth. I don't care about a 'first line" that puts up all the points. A team that has 3 lines that can be a threat are the dangerous teams. I wouldn't switch anything right now, other than maybe bring Bourque up for the forth line.

I'm actually okay with Bourque's demotion... but the 4th line is not that great right now IMO. I'm actually not sold on Malhotra at this point... yes he's great on face-offs, but beyond that not so much. Playing Bourque on the 4th line may seem like a logical step, but there too, I'm not sure there couldn't be a better less costly solution ready and waiting in the minors. Bowman, meh... I wonder what Tangradi would be like though?

Guest habs1952

I never liked him being sent down before. I think he does have chemistry with Eller and whatever we can do to keep Eller motivated is great. He disappears way to much. I like Prust with Elller and Sekac . Prust is underated and has been playing great. Just because we get an additional scorer doesn't mean we have to put him on another line. The teams that have won recently are the teams that can run 3-4 lines and have that depth. I don't care about a 'first line" that puts up all the points. A team that has 3 lines that can be a threat are the dangerous teams. I wouldn't switch anything right now, other than maybe bring Bourqe up for the forth line.

Bourque wasn't motivated playing throughout the top 9 so I can't see him being motivated on the 4th line.

Bourque wasn't motivated playing throughout the top 9 so I can't see him being motivated on the 4th line.

He could possibly play well with Weise, though I'm not sure about how it would workout with Malhotra. Sekac on the other hand is just getting started IMO... given the ice-time he could be a definite upgrade on some of the Habs forwards to-date.

Only one goal and we didn't even need it to win. Back to the pressbox.

Another strong night.

No offence to Prust but id love to see Eller & Sekac with a 3rd player that has a bit more skill (Bourny?)

It wouldn't really make sense the break up the Pleks line, but I feel like Chucky could be a very good fit playing with these two instead of Prust. Maybe if we run into trouble down the line and need a shake-up.

Guest habs1952

Another strong night.

No offence to Prust but id love to see Eller & Sekac with a 3rd player that has a bit more skill (Bourny?)

Pull a Therrien? Prust, Eller and Sekac is working so why change it?

Agreed. I get wanting someone more skilled there instead of Prust but Prust is finally starting to look more like the Prust of two years ago so leave that line alone and enjoy it while it lasts. If Prust wears down by the time Bourny is back than put him there but for now I like the line the way it is.

Agreed. I get wanting someone more skilled there instead of Prust but Prust is finally starting to look more like the Prust of two years ago so leave that line alone and enjoy it while it lasts. If Prust wears down by the time Bourny is back than put him there but for now I like the line the way it is.

Yup. You don't want to disrupt it while it's working, but long-term, I don't see Prust holding up in that role. I think eventually a great solution would be to pair Pacioretty with Eller and Sekac.

He has 1 shot in his last 3 games (happened to be a goal). I like his game but he needs to get the puck on net.

Having watched his game I would have guessed that he had 9 or 10 shots in his last 3 games. Interesting. His shot attempt numbers don't look bad at all, which tells me he's letting his linemates do the shooting more than he does.

Not at all. "Pulling a Therrien" would be pulling one of Eller or Sekac off that line to get another line going. What im talking about is being proactive in making that line stronger, which is why I suggested Bournival (were he healthy) or perhaps giving a call up from hamilton a shot. I love Prust but he cant sustain playing at that level all year and I think our 4th line is hurting (not to mention the whole 7 dman thing). Id be a little curious to see how Bealieu-Eller-Sekac looked to be honest - since we're dressing 7 anyway... ;):P

Unlike MT, I wouldnt break up 1 good line to make a different one stronger ;)

• 4 weeks later...

What a score it was landing this kid.

Now we know why 15 NHL teams were after his services.

What has impressed me is his 2-way game. We all knew, from scouting reports, that he had nice hands and a good shot, but MT and Co have been using him on the PK as well. He uses his speed to his advantage, offensively and defensively. Playing in a Euro league really prepared him for the jump to the NHL. I expected him to struggle with the 2-way game, something both Gally's have issues with.

And Andrighetto, impressed with him so far. He and Bourny had some nice plays later in the game.

• 3 weeks later...