The Official Site of the Montréal Canadiens
Canadiens de Montreal

#17 Eric Tangradi

Probably a better call up than Bowman.

If we send him back down again, he has to go through waivers, right? (25 years old, 5 nhl seasons 130+ games).... I presume thats why Bowman was called up first - he can be sent back down but once they decide to bring up Tangradi he's either going to stay with us, or he's back on waivers.

He played with Crosby and Malkin?

Yup I remember Tangradi-Malkin-Neal for a while & i think he played some games alongside Crosby & Dupuis.

He was drafted pretty early in the 2nd round and had very solid OHL numbers. He's got good career AHL stats he just seems (so far) unable to translate that into good NHL numbers. There's definitely skill there.

It remains to be seen if he is a late bloomer on the NHL front (could he possibly still be a top 6? Maybe.) or whether he'll play out his career as a bottom six guy. Either way I believe he's capable of cracking our top 12.

I wouldnt normally suggest it with a "grinder": but considering his background (and our PP woes of late) Id definitely consider trying him on the PP and getting him to park himself in front of the net.

I remember there being quite a bit of hype around him when he was drafted.

Has never been able to bring it at the NHL level.

Think he could be a solid bottom 6 guy.

Pens gave up on him, so did the jets, so they may know something we're unaware of.

Not holding my breath with him. At the very least, he'll make a decent grinder on our 4th line.

Not like he broke the bank either, so, regardless of how it turns out, we won't be losing much.

I don't know what the guy will turn into but the pens and jets are not known for developing guys that's for sure. they were lucky to suck bad enough to get Crosby and Malkin to me that is pretty much the teams claim to fame! the Jets have had some good young players that seem to have flatlined at a mediocre level so I don't think much of them either. here we are not banking on him to do anything special so he may flourish...or not

I like him not a big scoring threat but he can skate and play hockey at a decent level good 4th liner. at least

If we didnt have the depth we do, it would have been interesting to try him in a top 9 role for a while. This is not some career goon, he played a strong offensive game in Junior (drafted 42 overall - 1 ahead of PK!) and even had decent success offensively in the AHL. Just hasnt been able to transition it to the NHL.

I dont see him getting a chance with us but you never know. Probably will end up a career 4th liner but you cant help but wonder...

The Canadiens announced on Monday afternoon that they have recalled forward Eric Tangradi from the AHL’s Hamilton Bulldogs. Tangradi has played six games with the Canadiens this season, going pointless while picking up 15 penalty minutes. In 12 games with Hamilton, the 6-foot-4, 221-pounder has 2-4-6 totals and 18 penalty minutes.

Archived