The Official Site of the Montréal Canadiens
Canadiens de Montreal

Jarred Tinordi

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...

Coyotes D Jarred Tinordi suspended 20 games for violating NHL/NHLPA Performance Enhancing Substances Program

Hrm. Does this explain Bergevin's "I can't really tell you why I had to make that trade. But if i could, maybe you would understand."

I mean it makes no sense to me - if a guy is using, you get him help - you dont throw the baby out with the bathwater, but clearly (Kassian) that has been our approach so it at least explains why MB may have felt he needed to trade away Tinordi. It doesnt explain why we couldnt have gotten back a prospect or a pick instead of a journeyman defensman.

Hrm. Does this explain Bergevin's "I can't really tell you why I had to make that trade. But if i could, maybe you would understand."

I mean it makes no sense to me - if a guy is using, you get him help - you dont throw the baby out with the bathwater, but clearly (Kassian) that has been our approach so it at least explains why MB may have felt he needed to trade away Tinordi. It doesnt explain why we couldnt have gotten back a prospect or a pick instead of a journeyman defensman.

Arizona seems to be claiming they didn't know about it when they made the trade. I don't particularly care about MB pulling a fast one on a leech team, but I'm going to be extremely unhappy if this costs us a draft pick.

There's also a chance that MB had no idea himself, and that there were OTHER circumstances for the trade.

Maybe, but MT's justification for the trade was so strange and the timelines apparantly match up, it's hard to believe there is *another* thing MT can't talk about that would make fans understand the trade.

Maybe, but MT's justification for the trade was so strange and the timelines apparantly match up, it's hard to believe there is *another* thing MT can't talk about that would make fans understand the trade.

Yes, but if he knew and kept it to himself, that's a big risk to take with people you sometimes need to work with to get your job done. Hiding something like that would make anyone risk averse to trading with the organization.

• 7 months later...