The Official Site of the Montréal Canadiens
Canadiens de Montreal

#25 Jacob de la Rose

• 2 months later...

Sent down today.

sort of surprising with Kassian out of the lineup although i see we picked up Paul Byron (waivers) so maybe that was why.

With everyone healthy it was only a matter of time before he went down (doesnt have to clear waivers) so it was more or less to be expected.

• 2 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Recalled. Habs decide that the answer to their scoring woes is to demote two of their top call-ups, each in the top 6 on the team in goals produced per ice time at ES, in exchange for DLR. We'll see.

Shhhhhhhhhhhh. :lol: Don't let anyone know!

I am, personally, excited to see Jacob back with Montreal. However, he's certainly not someone who should be expected to play in a top-six role. Perhaps it's just the continued showcasing of younger talent.

Calling up DLR, a defensively responible center with some offensive potential says to me there's another trade coming ... Pleks? Eller?

um they sent two guys down and Weise is suppose to be returning

um they sent two guys down and Weise is suppose to be returning

I realize this, but the DLR call up is still puzzling ... he was off the radar. There's others in the farm that were doing better. DLR could feasibly center a 3rd or 4th line checking unit ... presuming we're about to trade Eller or Pleks

I realize this, but the DLR call up is still puzzling ... he was off the radar. There's others in the farm that were doing better. DLR could feasibly center a 3rd or 4th line checking unit ... presuming we're about to trade Eller or Pleks

Therrien stated the call-up was made to add size to the 4th line. DLR could play center, but we're more in need of help at the wing position. Even if we dealt one of Plekanec, DD, or Eller, we'd still have the other two and Galchenyuk to play down the middle.

Lowest TOI of any Montreal player tonight, but looked okay. 4 hits!

He's the type of player that will give you a good solid game night in, night out - but its unspectacular. He's well suited to the 4th or maybe 3rd line - he wont make many mistakes but he wont do much in the offensive zone either. You need guys like him to eat minutes and give your top players a break but right now that is not the problem with our team. The problem is that our "top players" arent playing any better than the DLRs.

Guest habs1952

Obviously sent down as he's playing for St. John's tonight.

BTW,, 3-0 Portland over SJ. End of 2.

Meh..he could still win the raffle and get called back up after the all star break. If I were him though, I wouldn't buy a ticket to the gong show.

• 2 weeks later...