The Official Site of the Montréal Canadiens
Canadiens de Montreal

Devante Smith-Pelly

DSP, IMO, has been relegated to the hot dog duty. Andrighetto and Carr are more important to have in the lineup.

This is one player who I actually think belongs in the doghouse. He hasn't really done anything of note. His absence wasn't really felt until he came back... :ph34r:

Do Something Please.

That make's a nice nick name.

DSP could be a decent trade chip if combined with Emelin... if Emelin were willing to accept a trade regardless of his NTC I'm sure there would be takers out there.

Interesting idea & you may well be right. A team looking for "grit" would love both of these players.

Im not sure who that team is but if we can translate the two of them into one, more skilled player, it would be well worth it.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Despite Sekac's popularity Devante survives playing in Montreal while Sekac heads to his third team in a little over a year. A sign Jiri may be distracting some players in the dressing room or a little difficult to coach. He may be overrated or have issues that overcome his value to a team on the ice. Devante appears to be the better player at this point. If Sekac cannot stick in Chicago he may be done.

Sekac and Smith-Pelly have both been disappointments since the trade. We all believed Sekac to have had the higher offensive ceiling, and MB believed DSP to have the higher grit and jam ceiling. Which one is the larger disappointment? I think they've both equally failed to contribute to their respective teams. Sekac getting traded to a third team is really just an argument for sound management judgement. Maybe MB should consider moving on from DSP, too.