The Official Site of the Montréal Canadiens
Canadiens de Montreal

Everything Else About The Habs

Guest habs1952

TSN has rated their top 50 players. Carey is #3,,, PK is # 20, and Patches is # 32. Six teams failed to rank any players among the Top 50: Buffalo, Carolina, Florida, New Jersey, Toronto and Winnipeg. Panthers' defenceman Aaron Ekblad was just on the outside at No. 51.

Complete list is here:

http://www.tsn.ca/crosby-no-1-for-sixth-straight-year-on-tsn-s-top-50-list-1.368712

Guest habs1952

FWIW,,,,EA Sports says its “NHL 16” simulation has the Ducks winning the Presidents’ Trophy, symbolic of the best regular-season record, and then defeating the Montreal Canadiens in the Cup final.

NHL 16 must have a different coaching staff than the regular Habs.

Ya know,,,, I've been called "sensitive" for a lot of things that bother me, that might not bother others. However, an article that was in the local paper (the London Free Press), did bother me. It wasn't the article so much as the headline, that got my dander up.

The headline was "Oh, Captains, My Captains". It referred to the London Knights having 2 captains.

Now, a lot Habs fans have heard the phrase, "Oh Captain, My Captain". It was said in a eulogy given by Yvan Counoyer, for Jean Beliveau. The writer for the story just pluralized it.

So,,, I sent him an email, telling him about the phrase, and how I felt bout him using it.

Here's what I said to him:

"Hello

I read your piece about the two co-captains for the London Knights, and the headline "Oh Captains, My Captains". As you may or may not know, the phrase "Oh Captain, My Captain" was used in a eulogy given by Yvan Counoyer at the funeral of the late Jean Beliveau. As one of many Habs fans, who revered the Great Jean Beliveau, I feel that the use of this phrase, in relation to the London Knights having two captains, is in poor taste.

I just wanted you to know how some of us Habs fans feel about the use of this term.

Thanks for reading my email."

BTW, I did sign my name, and no it wasn't kinot-1

Ya know,,,, I've been called "sensitive" for a lot of things that bother me, that might not bother others. However, an article that was in the local paper (the London Free Press), did bother me. It wasn't the article so much as the headline, that got my dander up.
The headline was "Oh, Captains, My Captains". It referred to the London Knights having 2 captains.
Now, a lot Habs fans have heard the phrase, "Oh Captain, My Captain". It was said in a eulogy given by Yvan Counoyer, for Jean Beliveau. The writer for the story just pluralized it.
So,,, I sent him an email, telling him about the phrase, and how I felt bout him using it.
Here's what I said to him:
"Hello
I read your piece about the two co-captains for the London Knights, and the headline "Oh Captains, My Captains". As you may or may not know, the phrase "Oh Captain, My Captain" was used in a eulogy given by Yvan Counoyer at the funeral of the late Jean Beliveau. As one of many Habs fans, who revered the Great Jean Beliveau, I feel that the use of this phrase, in relation to the London Knights having two captains, is in poor taste.
I just wanted you to know how some of us Habs fans feel about the use of this term.
Thanks for reading my email."
BTW, I did sign my name, and no it wasn't kinot-1

It is also a 150 year old poem. Not sure the author was taking it from the eulogy of Jean Beliveau.

Montreal Canadiens

* 12 of their first 20 games are against teams that made the playoffs last season

* Eight of their 12 games in October are on the road

Putting a greater emphasis on the challenges these teams could face at the start of the season is the fact that in the past five full seasons (excluding the 2012-13 season), 73.75 percent of the teams that were in a playoff position Nov. 15 wound up making the playoffs.

Most teams will have played at least 18 games by Nov. 15.

http://www.nhl.com/ice/news.htm?id=780905&navid=nhl:topheads

I'm a little concerned that the Habs lost "some' toughness, with ZK being out. By toughness, I mean someone who will stand up for their teammates. Eventually, a Hab will be challenged.

JMHO

The mantle of Hab 'enforcer' has been inherited by Nathan Beaulieu :D . He staked his claim in several games last regular season B).

Pity Tinordi can't make the team. He's also a terrific fighter. Still remember him giving it to the Ottawa bullies in the '13 play-offs when the Habs were still a 'small' team then.

I believe Semin and GallyA, if provoked by the opposition, will also vindicate themselves credibly with their fists :huh: .

Only PK Subban skates away from a fight :D . Still remember one of the (play-off?) games last season where he pretends to drop the gloves, then scurries away when the opponent really drops his. Unforgettable LOL and face palm moment! Even Carey Price confronted Tim Thomas in one Bruins game a long time ago :o .

• 2 weeks later...

A + 21 goal difference in 8 GP is insane.

On edit,,, 9 GA in 8 GP is insane too.

The Montreal Canadiens became the first team in 40 years to start their season with eight consecutive regulation victories by routing the Buffalo Sabres 7-2 at First Niagara Center on Friday.

Montreal's domination of its opponents has been thorough:

-- The Canadiens have allowed 12 goals in their nine victories.

-- They have outscored opponents 8-0 in the first period and 14-2 in the third.

-- The same 18 skaters and two goalies have dressed for all nine games. Fourteen of the 18 skaters have at least one goal.

-- They have trailed in a game for exactly 2:57; they allowed the first goal in a 4-1 win against the Detroit Red Wings on Oct. 17.

-- They have scored at least three goals in every game and had 12 in weekend victories against the Buffalo Sabres (7-2) and Maple Leafs (5-3).

-- Eight of the nine victories have been by multiple goals. A 3-2 win at the Pittsburgh Penguins on Oct. 13 was the only game decided by one goal.

-- Goaltender Carey Price is 7-0-0 with two shutouts. He has a 1.29 goals-against average and a .961 save percentage.