The Official Site of the Montréal Canadiens
Canadiens de Montreal

Everything Else About The Habs

Guest habs1952

5 minutes ago, Habberwacky said:

Wow good to hear. I hope they are benching Markkov and this isn't the resut of Emelin going down.

Emelin replacement it appears. We don't have the bodies to rest anyone on D so far. Brett is considered an emergency call up.

• 2 weeks later...

The Montreal Canadiens have agreed to to terms with KHL defenceman Jakub Jerabek, according to KHL reporter Aivis Kalnins.

Jerabek, who was never selected in the NHL draft, scored five goals and tallied 34 points and 56 penalty minutes in 59 games last season with Chekhov Vityaz.

1 hour ago, kinot-2 said:

The Montreal Canadiens have agreed to to terms with KHL defenceman Jakub Jerabek, according to KHL reporter Aivis Kalnins.

Jerabek, who was never selected in the NHL draft, scored five goals and tallied 34 points and 56 penalty minutes in 59 games last season with Chekhov Vityaz.

Let the speculation begin!

• 2 weeks later...

MONTREAL – John David Molson, the former president and owner of the Montreal Canadiens and prominent member of the Molson family of brewers, died at the age of 88, the team announced on Monday.

Molson was born in Montreal and joined the family business, Molson Breweries, in 1949 and held various positions until he became vice-president in 1964.

He became president of the Canadiens, which the Molson family owned at the time, the same year.

Molson led the Habs to five Stanley Cup championships until he stepped down from the position in 1972.

Let's examine playoff stats in the Marc Bergevin era:

Year 1 2013 - won division. Knocked out in 1st round by 8th seed.

Year 2 2014 - finished 3rd in division. Beat division runner-up in 1st round and division winner in 2nd round. ECF finalist.

Year 3 2015 - won division. Beat wild card in 1st round and knocked out by division runner up in 2nd round.

Year 4 2016 - missed playoffs.

Year 5 2017 - won division. Knocked out in 1st round by wild card.

So what's so great about winning the division? It's a curse, that's all. Only by not winning the division can this team defeat a higher points team which also tends to beat them in the regular season. Don't you understand, up is down and vice versa in the playoffs?

Call me superstitious, but this team has never made it past 2 rounds after winning the division.  Don't give me the home ice advantage nonsense because the Bell Centre isn't an intimidating arena for opponents and Habs arent invincible at home.

Oh, Ginette Reno is NOT a good luck charm. This team has lost more playoff games than won, whenever she sings the anthems.

2 minutes ago, PuckPundit said:

Let's examine playoff stats in the Marc Bergevin era:

Year 1 2013 - won division. Knocked out in 1st round by 8th seed.

Year 2 2014 - finished 3rd in division. Beat division runner-up in 1st round and division winner in 2nd round. ECF finalist.

Year 3 2015 - won division. Beat wild card in 1st round and knocked out by division runner up in 2nd round.

Year 4 2016 - missed playoffs.

Year 5 2017 - won division. Knocked out in 1st round by wild card.

So what's so great about winning the division? It's a curse, that's all. Only by not winning the division can this team defeat a higher points team which also tends to beat them in the regular season. Don't you understand, up is down and vice versa in the playoffs?

Call me superstitious, but this team has never made it past 2 rounds after winning the division.  Don't give me the home ice advantage nonsense because the Bell Centre isn't an intimidating arena for opponents and Habs arent invincible at home.

Oh, Ginette Reno is NOT a good luck charm. This team has lost more playoff games than won, whenever she sings the anthems.

Who said if we win the division we'll play for the cup?

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

The preseason schedule is up.

The schedule starts on September 18, 2017 in Quebec City at the Centre Videotron against the Boston Bruins. They will then play two home games at the Bell Centre against the Washington Capitals and New Jersey Devils before playing two games in Ontario in Ottawa and in Toronto.

They will play Toronto again September 27, again in Quebec City, before finishing the schedule off with the Panthers and Senators at the Bell Centre.

Here is the full schedule:

Monday, September 18: Canadiens at Bruins, 7:00 p.m. (Centre Videotron)
Tuesday, September 20: Capitals vs. Canadiens, 7:00 p.m. (Bell Centre)
Thursday, September 21: Devils vs. Canadiens, 7:00 p.m. (Bell Centre)
Saturday, September 23: Canadiens at Senators, 7:00 p.m. (Canadian Tire Centre)
Monday, September 25: Canadiens at Maple Leafs, 7:00 p.m. (Air Canada Centre)
Wednesday, September 27: Maple Leafs vs. Canadiens, 7:00 p.m. (Centre Videotron)
Friday, September 29: Panthers vs. Canadiens, 7:00 p.m. (Bell Centre)
Saturday, September 30: Senators vs. Canadiens, 7:00 p.m. (Bell Centre)

On 6/23/2017 at 4:48 PM, kinot-2 said:

So much for our fast starts. 

So we're pitting our fast starts against our terrible Western road trips - it's like the unstoppable force versus the immovable object.  Who will come out on top??

Just beat the Oil for a change please (although now they are a little better for sure) It is hard to scramble for tics to watch your favourite team continually lose  out here. Some of the teams in the west will be easier to beat but the Oil and Flames are likely a little better.

From the Sportster again:

"How Marc Bergevin continues to be employed by the Montreal Canadiens is a mystery to many. The General Manager whiffed on the P.K. Subban for Shea Weber deal, stressing it as a win-now move that would make the Canadiens better suited to winning a championship. Weber was fine in his first year in Montreal, but he couldn’t help the Canadiens from being eliminated in the first round to the mediocre New York Rangers. Subban and the Predators, meanwhile, took down perennial powerhouses en route to reaching the Stanley Cup Finals.

Bergevin made a similar move in June, when he acquired Jonathan Drouin for prospect Mikhail Sergachev. On the surface, it seems like a win for the Habs, as they add a budding star on the wing, but Sergachev is lauded by most scouts as a future first-pairing offensive defenseman, something the Habs desperately need. They might make the playoffs again in 2017-18 on the strength of Carey Price, but with the cupboards completely bare in terms of prospects, the Canadiens should certainly consider giving Bergevin the boot and blowing it up."

• 2 weeks later...

For those that plan on going to a game. If season ticket holders want a paper ticket, it will cost them an extra $150, + taxes + $100 admin fee + taxes. For someone owning two tickets that’s $477.14 before the actual cost of the seats are factored in.

http://www.torontosun.com/2017/07/20/canadiens-plan-for-paperless-tickets-while-maple-leafs-watching-the-landscape

2 hours ago, kinot-2 said:

For those that plan on going to a game. If season ticket holders want a paper ticket, it will cost them an extra $150, + taxes + $100 admin fee + taxes. For someone owning two tickets that’s $477.14 before the actual cost of the seats are factored in.

http://www.torontosun.com/2017/07/20/canadiens-plan-for-paperless-tickets-while-maple-leafs-watching-the-landscape

:4224:That's $11 per goal! 

This isn't even funny. Many years ago I signed up to be on the waiting list for season tickets (Red Cs). I was young then and I thought "by the time my number comes up I'll be able to afford it... and if I can't I could easily sell them and maybe keep a couple of games to go for free"

Well I'm not as rich a I thought I'd be.... but I think I might get a call next year and I really don't know what to do. If I accept the tickets, I may end up losing money if I sell them and I can't afford to spend 10-12k to watch that habs suck!

2 hours ago, habsisme said:

This isn't even funny. Many years ago I signed up to be on the waiting list for season tickets (Red Cs). I was young then and I thought "by the time my number comes up I'll be able to afford it... and if I can't I could easily sell them and maybe keep a couple of games to go for free"

Well I'm not as rich a I thought I'd be.... but I think I might get a call next year and I really don't know what to do. If I accept the tickets, I may end up losing money if I sell them and I can't afford to spend 10-12k to watch that habs suck!

C'mon man, do your duty. Help subsidize the rest of the league. 

• 2 weeks later...

http://www.goliath.com/sports/each-nhl-teams-worst-draft-bust/?utm_medium=cpc&utm_source=outbrain&utm_campaign=GO_OBN_US_MOBI&cus_widget=003e51cfad17364451d96e2792be32faee&utm_content=june2017_premium_2017

This article lists biggest draft flops for every franchise. They name Fischer as our biggest bust.  I can think of a bigger one off hand. Wickenheiser anyone??