Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Hab-a-nice-day--33-_mtlc

George "BUD" Holloway

41 posts in this topic

Leading a deep IceCaps offense. If he stay healthy he should keep this pace up an could be the first call-up If Hab roster player's injuries occur and Kassian does not return...

Called up today according to RDS.

Called up today according to RDS.

Wonder if they'll play him without seeing him in practice.

Wonder if they'll play him without seeing him in practice.

I think Holloway with no practice is more likely to see ice than Semin.

He and Andrighetto will could both get looks on all but the 3rd line tonight. I originally discounted the likelihood of Andrighetto seeing 1st line ice time, but with two callups in the mix, it complicates the situation. We could also see them both on a line with Galchenyuk, with Eller being demoted to the 4th.

I would have personally preferred not calling up Holloway immediately after Andrighetto. I would rather see one of them given concentrated focus and opportunity, rather than having them compete for the same role. Especially considering Holloway has the advantage of experience and not being waiver-exempt. It lessens the significance of the opportunity we were about to give Andrighetto.

This is an interesting decision in another regard however. Due to the fact Hollway would have to clear waivers to be sent down, we are now in an all-or-nothing situation with him. I doubt he could be retained through waivers, given the success he has had this season. I hope this is also a sign that we are prepared to make a lasting decision with the direction of our lineup.

Agreed on all counts Rico. It kind of gives me the impression though that Mitchell and DSP might have more serious injuries than what we're being told.

We have quite a few prospects who will contest for positions on this team. Nobody should feel too comfortable in their role. It would be nice to see some of these guys stick and force Bergevin\s hand. We are battling for first with a lot of room to improve from some of these call ups. Good luck Mr. Holloway!!!

I didn't even know who this guy was until I just looked him up on Google. He was playing a Swiss league last season?

I didn't even know who this guy was until I just looked him up on Google. He was playing a Swiss league last season?

Was it you in the lines thread asking about him as well? I answered there, but yes, he left for Europe while property of the Kings and returned this season after their rights expired.

I couldn't find him on the Ice Caps roster today. Where the heck did he come from?

I couldn't find him on the Ice Caps roster today. Where the heck did he come from?

That's because he's on our roster. :lol:

Played in the Swiss League last year.

That's because he's on our roster. :lol:

Played in the Swiss League last year.

Oh yeah. :lol: :lol: :lol:

Such a cool last name! Reminds me of some deceased legendary rock star.

Hopes to watch him play.

Such a cool last name! Reminds me of some deceased legendary rock star.

Hopes to watch him play.

What does the "bud" stand for???

What does the "bud" stand for???

http://www.thetelegram.com/Sports/IceCaps/2015-10-14/article-4308395/By-George-%28the-third%29!%E2%80%88/1

As the story goes, it was his sister who began calling him Bud when he was about two, and the name has stuck ever since.

He still needs to use George for legal documents, but says he wouldn’t respond very quickly if someone shouted the name in his direction.

Even his mother calls him Bud.

His legal name is George Edward Holloway III

Edited by RicochetII

Me thinks you've been hanging around kinot too much.

He's kinda hard to avoid! :lol: :lol:

He's kinda hard to avoid! :lol: :lol:

I'm everywhere. :ph34r:

Just watched his highlights and checked out his stats. Tell you what: we better not lose this guy to waivers. Talk about a perfect fit for the Habs. He's got it all.

I was wrong when I expected Semin to go on a tear due to his contract & career circumstances, but something tells me if Holloway gets his chance with the big team, he'll never look back.

Of course, we could also cringe in agony as we watch him go to waste as a checking fourth-liner in a defensive role. If that were to happen, then MMW, the next team he played for would demonstrate a Seguin-like turnaround.

Just watched his highlights and checked out his stats. Tell you what: we better not lose this guy to waivers. Talk about a perfect fit for the Habs. He's got it all.

I was wrong when I expected Semin to go on a tear due to his contract & career circumstances, but something tells me if Holloway gets his chance with the big team, he'll never look back.

Of course, we could also cringe in agony as we watch him go to waste as a checking fourth-liner in a defensive role. If that were to happen, then MMW, the next team he played for would demonstrate a Seguin-like turnaround.

Watching those highlights, he's got one heck of a quick release on his shot. Very similar to Ovi's release.

TSN reporting that Bud will play his 1st NHL game on Fri. :)

TSN reporting that Bud will play his 1st NHL game on Fri. :)

Bud and Condon. Two older guys breaking into the NHL!

I just watched his highlights. He is a totally different kind of player than I expected. I'm pretty excited to see what he can do at the NHL level.