Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Hab-a-nice-day--33-_mtlc

George "BUD" Holloway

41 posts in this topic

Is this guy going to get another chance? Seven minutes on a grinder line against the Devils is hardly enough to see what he can do.

Is this guy going to get another chance? Seven minutes on a grinder line against the Devils is hardly enough to see what he can do.

I have my doubts. Therrien isn't exactly predisposed to reasonable assessment periods or second opportunities.

Joonas Nättinen didn't.

Well, I'm sure glad the team is performing so well we don't need a guy like Holloway. Right?

Well, I'm sure glad the team is performing so well we don't need a guy like Holloway. Right?

Wouldn't be a bad time to bring him up and throw him onto one of the top lines. Not much to lose at this point.

Of course we aren't using Carr, Andrighetto, or McCarron there either.

If we don't want one of those young players in the top 6 (for whatever reason), I would think giving a more experienced player a look would be a logical step. Yes, he's experienced in a different league or style, but he's acclimated to the AHL well, and he's had at least some time to adapt. Perhaps a different style is also something we need right now.

He could also fail spectacularly and it isn't as much of a concern as rushing a prospect and somehow damaging them or their development. We have here a player that we acquired for nothing, have no time invested in, and isn't likely to have a future with us if we don't give him an opportunity anyway.

I guess he's just not in the team's immediate plans. Which is fine. I think the production we're getting from Carr, Andrighetto, and McCarron will be about the same than if we replaced one of those guys with Holloway. I'm more invested in Carr, Andrighetto, and McCarron's development than Holloway's. I'd rather Hudon come back than Holloway.

8th in AHL scoring,,, 8G,, 22A,,, 31 GP.

8th in AHL scoring,,, 8G,, 22A,,, 31 GP.

Trade bait?

Continuing to plug away with 33 points in 35 games with the IceCaps. I feel like he should be given some opportunities with the big team. The 1 game that he played in (7:19 TOI) was not enough. He should have been given an opportunity in the top six.

Continuing to plug away with 33 points in 35 games with the IceCaps. I feel like he should be given some opportunities with the big team. The 1 game that he played in (7:19 TOI) was not enough. He should have been given an opportunity in the top six.

Which he won't be given. For the same reason Gally is on the wing again.

44 points in 48 games. I cannot believe guess it's not unexpected that Holloway didn't receive any opportunities with Montreal this season. :mellow:<_<

Bud Holloway has opted to join KHL powerhouse CSKA Moscow.

Still part of the organization... really?