The Official Site of the Montréal Canadiens
Canadiens de Montreal

2016 World Cup of Hockey, Sept. 17 to Oct. 1, 2016

kinot-1

Does anyone know if the players are getting any remuneration for playing in this tournament? Sportsnet paid somebody for the broadcast rights, the arenas are full, and jerseys are being sold.

5-2 now,,, WHOO-HOOOOO

http://www.thehockeynews.com/news/article/world-cup-is-about-making-money-for-the-nhl-and-its-players-not-growing-the-game

I don't think the player's portion goes directly to the participating players.

LOL at Pacioretty getting thrown under the bus, USA hockey must feel so familiar for him, preferring mediocre grit guys like Backes, Kesler, and Abdelkader over one of the 5 best goal scorers alive.

Their loss IMO. Doesn't bother me seeing him get the reduced ice time and role. Should make him all the more hungry to show them up come the start of the new season.

Also reduces the chance of him getting hurt. :)

Thanks, 52. Very interesting,,,,,,,,,,, follow the money. <_<

Their loss IMO. Doesn't bother me seeing him get the reduced ice time and role. Should make him all the more hungry to show them up come the start of the new season.

Also reduces the chance of him getting hurt. :)

Always the optimist. :P

Haven't watched the game to be honest, but from what I've read about them, Weber has looked pretty average. Has gotten off some decent shots, but he's been pretty bad at the breakout and frequently just passed the puck into our own corners rather than making a play to move it out. He also seemed to have made a pretty bad turnover right into the slot last night. Will wait to see how he fares in Therrien's system, and obviously he brings both good and bad, but just to say that you can easily create a narrative that Weber is not an efficient breakout man and a liability for making turnovers at bad times. No different than the narrative created about Subban.

Hmmm, Weber looked quite good at getting the puck up the ice to me! calm and usually a good first pass, better than some of the d men! still can't understand how PK is not on this team though? he would have added another dimension for sure. I agree you could argue either way between Webber and PK they have totally different styles.

Haven't watched the game to be honest, but from what I've read about them, Weber has looked pretty average. Has gotten off some decent shots, but he's been pretty bad at the breakout and frequently just passed the puck into our own corners rather than making a play to move it out. He also seemed to have made a pretty bad turnover right into the slot last night. Will wait to see how he fares in Therrien's system, and obviously he brings both good and bad, but just to say that you can easily create a narrative that Weber is not an efficient breakout man and a liability for making turnovers at bad times. No different than the narrative created about Subban.

Hmmm, Weber looked quite good at getting the puck up the ice to me! calm and usually a good first pass, better than some of the d men! still can't understand how PK is not on this team though? he would have added another dimension for sure. I agree you could argue either way between Webber and PK they have totally different styles.

Yeah, I didnt watch every minute but what i saw, Weber looked fine.

100% agree Ted, that PK and Weber, despite playing very different styles also have a lot of pros and cons together. For the most part Weber will probably make more "safe plays" than PK but if PK is generating more offense than he is a defensively liability (which he very seldom is anyway) then whats the issue?