The Official Site of the Montréal Canadiens
Canadiens de Montreal

2016 Free Agency

Like our signings today. Samuelson and Terry are very low risk and give us some room to manoeuver. I was very worried when I heard we were in on Russell and Luccic. I was actually in my car (for over an hour) crossing the boarder and felt like doing a dance hearing the OIl took Luccic on a crazy contract. Although McDavid should have a little more room. Same when I heard Russell was gone as they said it was between Montreal and one other team. This makes me appreciate signing Radulov a little more. Not sure what some of these GM's are looking at but they are sure paying a lot of money especially in term to sign some average to slightly above average players.

Like our signings today. Samuelson and Terry are very low risk and give us some room to manoeuver. I was very worried when I heard we were in on Russell and Luccic. I was actually in my car (for over an hour) crossing the boarder and felt like doing a dance hearing the OIl took Luccic on a crazy contract. Although McDavid should have a little more room. Same when I heard Russell was gone as they said it was between Montreal and one other team. This makes me appreciate signing Radulov a little more. Not sure what some of these GM's are looking at but they are sure paying a lot of money especially in term to sign some average to slightly above average players.

Russel signed today??? Didn't see anything about that. Last i heard we were still interested.

Russel signed today??? Didn't see anything about that. Last i heard we were still interested.

Oh... Good to know I was celebrating early I guess. I saw the tweets from Kypreos and I think that is what they were sharing on the radio. Either way I am glad he is not here. There were a lot of signings yesterday, and ironically I only heard about Redmond today. Thanks for the update.

Oh... Good to know I was celebrating early I guess. I saw the tweets from Kypreos and I think that is what they were sharing on the radio. Either way I am glad he is not here. There were a lot of signings yesterday, and ironically I only heard about Redmond today. Thanks for the update.

Yeah, Russell never signed. There were a bunch of fake twitter accounts that had him going to Toronto, but that was all cleared up as being a hoax. And now the Leafs have repatriated Polak, so not sure if that puts them out on Russell. So still available and hopefully not coming here... MB should be looking at moving out a D contract before adding anyone else.

Yeah, Russell never signed. There were a bunch of fake twitter accounts that had him going to Toronto, but that was all cleared up as being a hoax. And now the Leafs have repatriated Polak, so not sure if that puts them out on Russell. So still available and hopefully not coming here... MB should be looking at moving out a D contract before adding anyone else.

That is what I heard. He had gone to Toronto which \i thoughy was good for them, but I really did not want to see him here.

Guest habs1952

so who is out there that would work on our left wing? top 6 with some size would be nice. we may have to do it with a trade, we could pretty much trade 2 lines worth of bottom 6 players to get one top 6 winger and bring up some kids. LOL

We gotta make sure we have enough bottom six players to use as fill ins in the top six.

Player 1: 53 career GP, 10 points, age 23... contract of 2 years for 912k AAV.

Player 2: 23 GP, 9 points, age 24... contract of 2 years for 725k AAV.

Player 3: 56 GP, 20 points, age 23... contract of 1 year, 650k AAV.

All three are players Bergevin signed as RFA's this off-season. Player one got a raise. Player two took a salary reduction. Player three is making exactly what he did last year. Up to you to figure out who these are...

• 3 weeks later...

Another little guy to add to the collection.

Lovely.

Yes, little guys can produce and even thrive in the NHL. But if you look at those who did, they were often surrounded by bigger, physical players, not small players such as themselves.

I think we've pretty much cornered the market on small, skilled forwards.

Agree with you, we definitely have enough.

Btw, how's it going HTL?

I think we\re pretty much done. If MB can get rid of DD, that would be great. But our roster is pretty full as is, have to leave some spots open for training camp surprises.

Yeah i think we're more likely to see 1 or 2 players moved for picks or prospects - or maybe a package of 3 players for 1 - but i wouldnt imagine any major shakeups.

I still get a sense that both DD and Emelin are being shopped.

Yeah i think we're more likely to see 1 or 2 players moved for picks or prospects - or maybe a package of 3 players for 1 - but i wouldnt imagine any major shakeups.

I still get a sense that both DD and Emelin are being shopped.

I think so too, but the contracts MB gave them, was kind of like shooting himself in the foot. :rolleyes:

I expect DD to finish out his present contract with us. Thankfully, i believe he's in his last year. Sadly, Emelin has at least 2 if not 3 more years remaining.

Lovely.

Yes, little guys can produce and even thrive in the NHL. But if you look at those who did, they were often surrounded by bigger, physical players, not small players such as themselves.

I think we've pretty much cornered the market on small, skilled forwards.

Agree with you, we definitely have enough.

Btw, how's it going HTL?

Going smooth over here FS.

Yes we certainly have our fair share of these little forwards. Not much on the farm size wise ready to step up.

Archived