The Official Site of the Montréal Canadiens
Canadiens de Montreal

#67 Max Pacioretty 2016-17

habs_93

Here's a shout out to Esteemed Captain for his Game 4 performance! :4224:

Talk about leading by example in playoffs. :5187:

Can't wait to hear his post game interview, repeating the same memorized answers. e.g. "we know we need to work harder and play better." :4322:

8 minutes ago, habs1952 said:

Does that "C" on his sweater denote Captain or Cherry picker? 

Shooting from the periphery (always wanted to use that word :P ), won't get you goals. It might have worked during the reg. season, but won't work in the POs.

34 minutes ago, Habs=stanleycup said:

Wakey wakey! A little more passion please. This IS the playoffs for the Stanley Cup!

I actually think he's trying to do too much.  He needs to simplify his game & slow things down a little. He's getting rid of the puck too quickly, not looking for passes or plays.  He's the polar opposite of Radulov who never panics & that extra second often results in open space for Radu to make a play. Too often Patches ends up just throwing the puck at a crowd or the goalie's chest.  

I also dont think that Danault is doing him any favours. I think Danault is working hard but if patches needs a little help to get kick started, he wont find it from his centre. 

Going back to Game 3, up 3-1 late with net empty Max and Rad were basically on a 2 on 1 and Rad went way off-side. I felt that was a big potential turning point in the series, Max should have scored an easy empty net goal lifting this "monkey" off his back. I'm afraid this so called drought may get to him and negatively effect our club. I hope i'm very wrong though but that innocent offside may be more, imo

6 hours ago, booboo_mtl said:

Going back to Game 3, up 3-1 late with net empty Max and Rad were basically on a 2 on 1 and Rad went way off-side. I felt that was a big potential turning point in the series, Max should have scored an easy empty net goal lifting this "monkey" off his back. I'm afraid this so called drought may get to him and negatively effect our club. I hope i'm very wrong though but that innocent offside may be more, imo

I don't think that winning 4-1 as opposed to 3-1 would have been as big a difference-maker as you indicate, unless you believe that extra goal would somehow have transformed the lackluster output in Game 4.

I believe tonight will be the turning point.  I'm expecting big things from the team and from our best players.  I'm expecting Max to lead by example and the Habs to show the world they belong in these playoffs.  

Ive been calling this guy nonfactoretty for the last 2 years and making a rather expansive case for why I dont like him and why I think he should be traded, but he has at least been able to shut my mouth with his production.

This playoffs though.....I think I feel more vindicated than ever before on my opinions. 

Subban was clutch here IMO, going way back to his first playoffs series he's ever played under Jacques Martin. Off the top of my head, I remember him tying a game 7 late against the Bruins in 2011 (?) and scoring an 2OT winner in another playoff series against the Bruins in 2014.

Pacioretty? No so much memories. Lots of regular season goals though.

46 minutes ago, ChiLla said:

Subban was clutch here IMO, going way back to his first playoffs series he's ever played under Jacques Martin. Off the top of my head, I remember him tying a game 7 late against the Bruins in 2011 (?) and scoring an 2OT winner in another playoff series against the Bruins in 2014.

Pacioretty? No so much memories. Lots of regular season goals though.

So true. If we didn't need the goals I'd say get rid of him. Fast. 

3 minutes ago, habs1952 said:

So true. If we didn't need the goals I'd say get rid of him. Fast. 

To be fair, Max had his playoff moments in the past. He didn't get the job done this time, but that doesn't mean he's worthless all of a sudden. He's still a great hockey player and one of the best goalscorers in the game. If we're going to trade him, and it's certainly an idea worth considering, it absolutely has to be for a massive return.

No way do you blame Patches, he played hard, had lots of shots, was not firing this series, he needs a center to open up the middle of the ice to give him room, We had a third/fourth line center in Danualt Playing there.  

He cannot create space like Radi on his own. He is a pure scorer and needs a center to open up the ice.

For me the most disapointing player was Galcheynk, he was not engaged at all

we also lacked a puck moving deeman on the back end to open up the ice...( Subban Maybe :) ) Someone bigger with speed down the middle who plays strong along the wall ( Eller maybe :) )

Lets face it, Bergervin took some of our core pieces and made this team weaker by moving them out all because of Therrien. 

4 hours ago, Ravadak said:

No way do you blame Patches, he played hard, had lots of shots, was not firing this series, he needs a center to open up the middle of the ice to give him room, We had a third/fourth line center in Danualt Playing there.  

He cannot create space like Radi on his own. He is a pure scorer and needs a center to open up the ice.

For me the most disapointing player was Galcheynk, he was not engaged at all

we also lacked a puck moving deeman on the back end to open up the ice...( Subban Maybe :) ) Someone bigger with speed down the middle who plays strong along the wall ( Eller maybe :) )

Lets face it, Bergervin took some of our core pieces and made this team weaker by moving them out all because of Therrien. 

Seems to me if Patches had lots of shots(28) he had room. Unless your talking about shots from the perimeter in which case the better play for him to make may have been to pass to an open team mate. Patches is a one trick pony. Shoot. 

1 hour ago, habs1952 said:

Seems to me if Patches had lots of shots(28) he had room. Unless your talking about shots from the perimeter in which case the better play for him to make may have been to pass to an open team mate. Patches is a one trick pony. Shoot. 

He also killed penalties and remember as much of a highlight goal Rad had Pac's back check and steal of the puck created that whole scenario. It wasn't like the whole team was lighting it up. Unfortunately Lundquist out played Price this series. He actually stole game one where Carey didn't steal any games and had a soft goal in game 6 and both could of been called soft in game 5. Patches played hard ran into a hot goalie , you don't get the most shots by doing nothing. They keyed on his line and unfortunately when Chucky could of shown us what all the potential was about he didn't , and he didn't even look like he cared?