Jump to content
The Official Site of the Montréal Canadiens
Canadiens de Montreal

#31 Carey Price 2016-17


habs_93
 Share

Recommended Posts

6 hours ago, maas_art said:

They are idiots then.  A typical flu - an actual flu, not just a bad cold - is 1 to 2 week recovery time.  Yes, the most noticeable symptoms often are gone in 3 - 4 days but remember that Carey is not returning to work behind a broadcast desk.  He'll need a couple of days of easing into conditioning from being off. The last thing you want is for him to return to fast & get a groin pull or something.  i would expect him to be out a game or two more at least.

The media loves its conspiracy theories. 

 

lol........remember last year , MB said he would be back in a month, and he never returned  all year .

anyways I guess we'll see how good this team is WITHOUT CP , but its Buffalo

Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 hours ago, Regis22 said:

lol........remember last year , MB said he would be back in a month, and he never returned  all year .

anyways I guess we'll see how good this team is WITHOUT CP , but its Buffalo

Hopefully he'll be available for most of the season. Injury prone is one thing which is a fact with Price, but man oh man, talk about bad luck to start the season. The flu.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 hours ago, BigTed3 said:

This is starting to get a bit suspicious again.

TSN said last night that the flu "can" last up to 2 and sometimes 3 weeks. They also said that they (TSN  radio) will be in Brossard on Mon. morning at 10:30 to see if Carey will be practicing. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

4 hours ago, maas_art said:

Im not too worried yet. If it was somethign else you can bet he'd have been seen visiting a specialist or something.  If its the flu he most likely is just staying home. 

Maybe. But we've already gone from day-to-day to "maybe a week or a couple of weeks." This management hasn't earned the right to the benefit of the doubt when it comes to lying to us about injuries. Pacioretty had the flu and was back within a day or two. Byron had pneumonia and came back sooner than Price. Is Price just a really bad healer or is there something more to this story than we're being told.

 

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

18 hours ago, Regis22 said:

lol.the flu :7072:

 

Has anyone been able to confirm seeing Price walking or is he hidden away in MB 's foxhole

"Apparently" :7072: , its now a "severe flu" .... & he is "apparently" :7072: at home/ in foxhole. (no sightings of "movement" )

 

http://www.msn.com/en-ca/sports/news/carey-price-suffering-from-severe-case-of-flu/ar-AAiXDbm?li=AAggNb9

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, BigTed3 said:

Maybe. But we've already gone from day-to-day to "maybe a week or a couple of weeks." This management hasn't earned the right to the benefit of the doubt when it comes to lying to us about injuries. Pacioretty had the flu and was back within a day or two. Byron had pneumonia and came back sooner than Price. Is Price just a really bad healer or is there something more to this story than we're being told.

 

 

Fair enough although it seems doubtful they would go to that extreme (Dr. Mulder saying he's on antibiotics etc) unless it was indeed a flu, but you're right, the boy who cried wolf eventually got eaten.  

Thankfully i have a little more faith in Montoya this year than i did in our guys last season. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 hours ago, maas_art said:

Fair enough although it seems doubtful they would go to that extreme (Dr. Mulder saying he's on antibiotics etc) unless it was indeed a flu, but you're right, the boy who cried wolf eventually got eaten.  

Thankfully i have a little more faith in Montoya this year than i did in our guys last season. 

 

My gut is that Price actually just does have a flu or bad cold, but it still doesn't lead me to trust what MT/MB say any more. As an aside, a flu is caused by a virus, and antibiotics don't work to treat it, so that's also a little fishy.

I also like what I've seen from Montoya, and I have more faith he can continue to play well based on his experience having done it before. BUT remember Condon played pretty darn well and won games the first time Price went down. It was only when Carey went down long-term that the wheels really fell off, and Condon couldn't shoulder the workload. Montoya has never started more than 26 games in a season before, and the year he did that was statistically his worst year as a professional. We know the Habs already stated Price wouldn't play more than 65 games or so this year, but if Montoya is being asked to play 30-35 because Carey's out more often than not, it's still a question mark as to how he will handle that.

 

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 10/14/2016 at 5:01 PM, BigTed3 said:

 

As an aside, a flu is caused by a virus, and antibiotics don't work to treat it, so that's also a little fishy.

I know Carey is practising today so this is moot but FWIW, my dad is always prescribed Antibiotics when he gets a Flu.  I think its something to do with his asthma but his doctor many years ago tried it & he's sworn by it since.  He got a new doctor when he moved & he wouldnt give him antibiotics & it developed into pneumonia & since that time his new doctor also prescribes him antibiotics when he gets a flu.   No idea the science behind it, just that it isnt unheard of.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Sportsnet:

"Canadiens coach Michel Therrien said Price wouldn’t be available to the Canadiens until he puts back whatever weight he’s lost and has regained the amount of energy required to play NHL hockey.

“Yesterday he started to feel a bit better, he came in and did a little bit of a workout,” said Therrien. “Today the first step was to step on the ice, but for sure he’s not 100 per cent. He had a pretty good virus, and people who get those kind of viruses—they know it doesn’t take 24 hours and you feel great. He’s day-to-day.”

Link to comment
Share on other sites

My guess is that it was the flu and the secrecy/overprotection comes from losing him all last year.


I suspect if he even ends up with an ingrown toenail at some point they're going to pull him from the lineup, which is sort of silly. I mean you want to do your due diligence to keep your players healthy but at the end of the day you've got to let them play too!! 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Guest
This topic is now closed to further replies.
 Share

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    • No registered users viewing this page.
×
×
  • Create New...