The Official Site of the Montréal Canadiens
Canadiens de Montreal

#47 Alexander Radulov 2016-17

habs_93

Radulov holds all the cards.  At his age, he knows it's his last NHL pay check and all fairness to his agent to grab the most lucrative deal.  

From a neutral perspective, if I were Radulov, I'll walk if MB tries to low-ball.  There WILL BE teams willing to pay his price, and likely give him a better chance at winning a Cup.

From management perspective, are there better players out there than Radulov?  Sure, but (to quote MB) they're either unavailable or cost more.  More importantly, are they interested and willing to come play for this team in this market?

On 2017-03-16 at 8:57 AM, kinot-2 said:

Apparently asking for an 8 year deal. Per TSN 690. 

Hmm. That seems a little fishy if you ask me. If this is what he's asking then I'd say no more than 3.75 per. 

With that said, he does fill an incredibly huge role on the team and it would be tough to find a replacent internally or league wide for that matter. 

Radu seems to be loving it in MTL so I hope that he stays for a discount despite his value on the open market. Wishful thinking perhaps. 

16 minutes ago, PuckPundit said:

Has been brutal for the last few games! :6185:

Poor communication with Danault, but no magic with Pac-Chucky either!

IMO, he's trying to hard,,, and holding onto the puck too long. 

• 2 weeks later...

Radulov is going to be a monster in the playoffs, MMW.  When he isn't threatening to score himself, he will be opening things up for our other guys.  Rad could easily be the first star on those nights where Price isn't. 

The Monster is starting to come out!  As Ted noticed, in Game 2 he was trying to do it all, which meant in some instances, maybe too much.  But at the end, it was his terrific passing that led to Pleks' redirect goal to tie the game with seconds left and our net empty, and it was his hard work at the crease that got the game-winning goal in OT.  Without Radulov doing what he did, it's probably 2 games to 0 heading into MSG.  Now, one of our best players is going to have a lot more confidence for the road games in New York City.  Bring it!

1 hour ago, vegasrick said:

The Monster is starting to come out!  As Ted noticed, in Game 2 he was trying to do it all, which meant in some instances, maybe too much.  But at the end, it was his terrific passing that led to Pleks' redirect goal to tie the game with seconds left and our net empty, and it was his hard work at the crease that got the game-winning goal in OT.  Without Radulov doing what he did, it's probably 2 games to 0 heading into MSG.  Now, one of our best players is going to have a lot more confidence for the road games in New York City.  Bring it!

Radulov may have been trying to do it all but he has the skill to do it all. The Rags really need to be on their toes with him which should help take some focus off Patches.

There's no stopping this guy!  What a work ethic!  What skills!  Who else could have made that Forsberg move?  He's now the leading point-scorer in the series, and he's singlehandedly destroying the Rangers (but the rest of the team is doing their part as well).  

I think we all have to admit now that this was one of Bergevin's better deals.  

1 hour ago, maas_art said:

^^^ lol, you realize he's tied for second in the playoffs for scoring with 6 points in 4 games right?  Sort of silly to say a player is easily shut down when he's outscoring all but 1 other player in the league...

Especially when the team with the other three scoring leaders (Pittsburgh) has averaged four goals a game.  The Canadiens have scored a grand total of 8 goals so far in these playoffs, and Radulov has had a hand in 6 of them.  I mean there are definitely realistic complaints to be made about this Canadiens team, but Radulov being too easy on the opposition does not seem to be one of them :P.

3 hours ago, kinot-2 said:

Can we clone him? Because he's one of the few players that are giving his all, and then some.

He plays like he wants to win. Too bad he needs to pull dead weight on his line. Put the "C" on his jersey and he'll work even harder. 

Well, there was only so much he could do in that stinker last night.  He wouldn't have needed to carry the "dead weight" on just his line, but the whole team, to make a difference in that one.  Even Ovechkin would have trouble pulling off a miracle like that.  

Radulov is one of our most consistent skaters we've seen in decades.  This guy is an unrelenting weapon.  Geez, even when the Habs score one lousy goal, he's got a hand in it.  So, when they play a good, solid and complete game, Radulov cashes in more often than not.  We should all be thankful that he's here playing with us.  And don't forget his Game 2 heroics on both the tying and winning goals.  This series could easily be 3 games to 1 for NY if not for him.  

The Habs owe this man an apology for Game 4.  I expect an amazing Game 5 from everybody, with Radulov leading the way. 

8 minutes ago, vegasrick said:

Well, there was only so much he could do in that stinker last night.  He wouldn't have needed to carry the "dead weight" on just his line, but the whole team, to make a difference in that one.  Even Ovechkin would have trouble pulling off a miracle like that.  

Radulov is one of our most consistent skaters we've seen in decades.  This guy is an unrelenting weapon.  Geez, even when the Habs score one lousy goal, he's got a hand in it.  So, when they play a good, solid and complete game, Radulov cashes in more often than not.  We should all be thankful that he's here playing with us.  And don't forget his Game 2 heroics on both the tying and winning goals.  This series could easily be 3 games to 1 for NY if not for him.  

The Habs owe this man an apology for Game 4.  I expect an amazing Game 5 from everybody, with Radulov leading the way. 

Lets hope.

I have a feeling we'll come out strong next game & not look back.  I have no idea why they were jittery last game but i think they will fix that for game 5 & carry through & wrap this thing up in game 6 on saturday.