Weight: 187 lbs

Drafted by: Montréal

Draft Year: 2013 Round 3 (86th Overall)

Archive 2015-16

Stats | Video | NHL.com | Contract Info

OwnThePuck HERO Chart (http://ownthepuck.blogspot.com/):jx39IRF.png

• 3 months later...
35 minutes ago, jennifer_rocket said:

I'm glad we were able to keep this asset. I think he will be important in case injuries strike any of our top six. He may not have a long term future in the organization, but I expect we'll see him again this season.

He could be a serviceable 3rd line winger or a replacement in the top 6 for a short period for injury (unlike Flynn or Byron who fill neither of those roles well). BUT Ghetto will have a tough time fitting into the line-up with his size and the fact we have so many other smaller players already. In a lot of ways, he reminds me of a player like Matt D'Agostini... not the most skilled guy but can be a secondary scoring guy and play in the NHL with the right fit. I don't think he'll ever be a 20-goal man but he is a better NHLer than some of the scrubs we have on the roster.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Recalled to replace the injured Lehkonen. Not really that surprising a move, although it's another slap in the face of Charles Hudon, who has done everything right, leads the AHL in goals, and still isn't given a shot over a player the Habs were willing to waive and risk losing a couple of weeks ago.

17 minutes ago, BigTed3 said:

Recalled to replace the injured Lehkonen. Not really that surprising a move, although it's another slap in the face of Charles Hudon, who has done everything right, leads the AHL in goals, and still isn't given a shot over a player the Habs were willing to waive and risk losing a couple of weeks ago.

You'd think that MT/MB would want another Francophone on the team. 

51 minutes ago, BigTed3 said:

I guess Therrien just doesn't like him.

1 hour ago, BigTed3 said:

Agreed... but was it NHL experience that dictated the choice of Ghetto?

7 minutes ago, Habs_Hockey_Nutz said:

Agreed... but was it NHL experience that dictated the choice of Ghetto?

Hard to say. Yes, Ghetto has the experience, but will Hudon ever get any if he never gets called up? The Habs were clearly willing to risk losing Ghetto for nothing, so they can't value him all that highly. Why not give a guy like Hudon, who has been gold in the AHL for several years, a shot?

In any case, it sounds like the team plans to use Danault on the 1st line (why not, says Michel?) and play Carr on line 4 and keep Ghetto in the press box, so who knows what the plan is... you have a 3rd/4th liner on the 1st line, a 4th liner on the 3rd, a 3rd liner on the 4th, a potential 2nd/3rd liner in the pressbox, and another potential top 9 player who can't get a call-up out of Hamilton. Coupled with the bizarre decision to recall Hanley over Barberio, I wonder who's making the recall decisions. Is it Lefebvre? Is it MB? Is it MT? If NHL-ready was most important thing, why not have Barberio with the team? If it's who's most deserving based on recent performance, then Hudon and Terry would usurp Andrighetto... not much consistency here.

Just now, BigTed3 said:

Hard to say. Yes, Ghetto has the experience, but will Hudon ever get any if he never gets called up? The Habs were clearly willing to risk losing Ghetto for nothing, so they can't value him all that highly. Why not give a guy like Hudon, who has been gold in the AHL for several years, a shot?

In any case, it sounds like the team plans to use Danault on the 1st line (why not, says Michel?) and play Carr on line 4 and keep Ghetto in the press box, so who knows what the plan is... you have a 3rd/4th liner on the 1st line, a 4th liner on the 3rd, a 3rd liner on the 4th, a potential 2nd/3rd liner in the pressbox, and another potential top 9 player who can't get a call-up out of Hamilton. Coupled with the bizarre decision to recall Hanley over Barberio, I wonder who's making the recall decisions. Is it Lefebvre? Is it MB? Is it MT? If NHL-ready was most important thing, why not have Barberio with the team? If it's who's most deserving based on recent performance, then Hudon and Terry would usurp Andrighetto... not much consistency here.

Sounds like a team being run by Therrien and Bergevin doesn't it eh? Bizarre is their forte :(

• 2 weeks later...
On 11/19/2016 at 2:11 PM, BigTed3 said:

Sent back down. Really unimpressive stint with the Habs and frankly, it looks like he might have been passed on the depth chart by not only Carr but Terry and Hudon as well. And Scherbak and McCarron aren't far behind. Thinking this kid is done here.

This really surprises me after what we saw last year. Its like he's suddenly lost all his vision. 

On 11/19/2016 at 5:11 PM, BigTed3 said:

Sent back down. Really unimpressive stint with the Habs and frankly, it looks like he might have been passed on the depth chart by not only Carr but Terry and Hudon as well. And Scherbak and McCarron aren't far behind. Thinking this kid is done here.

I agree, i think he is going to be a dud.

• 3 weeks later...