Jump to content
The Official Site of the Montréal Canadiens
Canadiens de Montreal

Chris Terry


habs_93
 Share

Recommended Posts

#25 Chris Terry

mYoRfuj.jpg

@christerry25

Position: Left Wing

Shoots: Left

Birthplace: Brampton, ON, CAN

Brith date: 7 April 1989

Age: 27

Height: 5' 10"

Weight: 195 lbs

Drafted by: Carolina

Draft Year: 2007 Round 5 (132nd Overall)

Archive 2015-16

Stats | Video | NHL.com | Contract Info

OwnThePuck HERO Chart (http://ownthepuck.blogspot.com/):GAFHHP1.png

Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • 4 months later...
1 hour ago, H_T_L said:

Not sure why, Another small player.

Wondering if they're just going to put Flynn on IR, seeing as he's already been out a few days anyways. Terry was having a good season in the AHL, but I'm still wondering what Charles Hudon needs to do to be recalled.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

12 minutes ago, BigTed3 said:

Wondering if they're just going to put Flynn on IR, seeing as he's already been out a few days anyways. Terry was having a good season in the AHL, but I'm still wondering what Charles Hudon needs to do to be recalled.

This. 


I get that we want to reward good play (and Terry has put up really great numbers this year) but at some point you have to look at Hudon & say the kid deserves a chance!  He's been outstanding in the minors for what, 3 years? 4?  Meanwhile he's played 3 NHL games in his career... and has 2 points! lol. 

 

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

27 minutes ago, maas_art said:

This. 


I get that we want to reward good play (and Terry has put up really great numbers this year) but at some point you have to look at Hudon & say the kid deserves a chance!  He's been outstanding in the minors for what, 3 years? 4?  Meanwhile he's played 3 NHL games in his career... and has 2 points! lol. 

 

 

Actually, Jed,,, he has 138 GP in the NHL (hockeydb.com), and has 20G, and 14A. playing with the Canes and St. John's.

Maybe,,,, just maybe, they called him up to replace DD. :rolleyes:

Link to comment
Share on other sites

13 minutes ago, kinot-1 said:

Actually, Jed,,, he has 138 GP in the NHL (hockeydb.com), and has 20G, and 14A. playing with the Canes and St. John's.

Maybe,,,, just maybe, they called him up to replace DD. :rolleyes:

Jed was talking about Hudon having played 3 NHL games. Terry's got more experience but also has less of a future here. Hudon has been probably our best AHL player over the past three seasons if you look at that time period as a whole. Yet he's continually passed over for recalls, and when he does get the chance, he gets stuck on the 4th line with very limited ice time. And despite putting up a couple of points, he hasn't really been given a shot. I just find it odd to have an organization that always worries about its French-Canadian content, and then you have a skill player who could fit a need with us, and he's overlooked in favor of journeymen like Flynn, Mike Brown, Matteau, DSP, and now Terry. Nothing against Terry, but to me, Hudon has paid his dues and has earned it more than Terry playing well for a dozen games.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 minute ago, BigTed3 said:

Jed was talking about Hudon having played 3 NHL games. Terry's got more experience but also has less of a future here. Hudon has been probably our best AHL player over the past three seasons if you look at that time period as a whole. Yet he's continually passed over for recalls, and when he does get the chance, he gets stuck on the 4th line with very limited ice time. And despite putting up a couple of points, he hasn't really been given a shot. I just find it odd to have an organization that always worries about its French-Canadian content, and then you have a skill player who could fit a need with us, and he's overlooked in favor of journeymen like Flynn, Mike Brown, Matteau, DSP, and now Terry. Nothing against Terry, but to me, Hudon has paid his dues and has earned it more than Terry playing well for a dozen games.

I stand corrected. Hudon is/was supposedly in our future. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

9 hours ago, PuckPundit said:

How many games does it take to realize he's not NHL-calibre yet?  What impact has he made in the games played?

Him over Hudon or McCarron?  Seriously? :4845:

Kind of mind boggling eh?  Unless they wanted to showcase him for a trade, although tbh i think he's hurt his value since his call up!

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, ChiLla said:

I frankly don't think there's any trade value on the open market. Terry is 27 years old and has played 140 NHL games in his career, what you see is what you get at this point.

yeah, i didnt mean they would bring him up & showcase him to trade him - i meant that maybe there's a (multiplayer) trade in the works and the other team wanted to see him in the bigs before they pulled the trigger.  if thats the case, i think the trade may have just fallen through!

Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 24/11/2016 at 4:24 AM, H_T_L said:

The call up was a reward for his good play on the farm IMO. 

That's the problem with MT's player deployment.  EVERY game is a contest for 2 points, to be taken seriously.  A coach fields his best possible lineups to WIN.  

MT treats games like musical chairs in rotation, where the teacher doles out candies to kids to reward them.  It just reeks of complacency ('no worries, we have a comfortable points buffer to play with'), which could possibly bite him come the end of season.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • 3 weeks later...

Don't find he's adding very much to the team in any of his call-ups this year. Ghetto and Hudon seem to bring some amount of skill and speed. McCarron has brought size, physicality, and some traffic to the net area. I haven't yet seen a reason to have Terry here, even though I know he's done well in the AHL.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • 2 months later...
Guest
This topic is now closed to further replies.
 Share

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    • No registered users viewing this page.
×
×
  • Create New...