Jump to content
The Official Site of the Montréal Canadiens
Canadiens de Montreal

Marc Bergevin and staff 2016-17


habs_93
 Share

Recommended Posts

17 hours ago, eldag said:

Well it looks like the PK for Weber trade orchestrated by the foxhole buddies BERGEVIN and TERRIBLE finally put the team into the Cup final. The only small problem is that the team is the Predators. I hope David Poile has the manners to send a big thank you card to Bergevin if he wins the Stanley Cup and certainly general manager of the year.

Yeah ... this is the guy who will lead us back to the Cup? Has Geoff Molson been spotted lately or should we start putting his face on milk cartons?  

 

Nashville's entire fan base may want to send thank you cards. 

 

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • 3 weeks later...
On 2017-6-12 at 10:09 AM, ramcharger440 said:

Playoffs are over. you dodged a big bullet! get to work and fix this mess!

thats like telling your 4 year old to fix that picture of a dog they drew. as far as they were concerned, it was spot on

Link to comment
Share on other sites

"Not only is Galchenyuk on the market: the Habs are also shopping their 2011 first-round pick, Nathan Beaulieu. If both leave this summer, it means the Canadiens will have dealt their 2009, 2010, 2011, and 2012 first-round picks, a counterproductive experiment when attempting to build through the draft."

 

Great article here on what Bergevin inherited, has done and may do. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 hours ago, maas_art said:

"Not only is Galchenyuk on the market: the Habs are also shopping their 2011 first-round pick, Nathan Beaulieu. If both leave this summer, it means the Canadiens will have dealt their 2009, 2010, 2011, and 2012 first-round picks, a counterproductive experiment when attempting to build through the draft."

 

Great article here on what Bergevin inherited, has done and may do. 

Makes me want to puke ...... :mad: The only question left is why is this person still GM of this franchise? ....oops .... I forgot ..... the so called owner has gone missing .....

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Well the off season continues to be more eventful than the regular season, I am not sure that is how hockey should work. Have we just picked up a problem child that will make us move Gally and Beau or did we just secure a spot on the wing and two potent scoring lines? Not sure if this will save Beaulieu but our depth on the backend just got a little weaker. Will Phaneauf be a Hab? Perhaps he has someone else in mind. we should be able to sign a UFA  on defence if needed. I am sure there is more to come.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

On ‎15‎/‎06‎/‎2017 at 7:25 PM, Habberwacky said:

Well the off season continues to be more eventful than the regular season, I am not sure that is how hockey should work. Have we just picked up a problem child that will make us move Gally and Beau or did we just secure a spot on the wing and two potent scoring lines? .

We didn't have one last year :4224:

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Well, now that the season is over and we know the results of Mr. Bergevin's "blockbuster" trade (i.e., send your Norris Trophy Generational Talent away, and *BAM!* the team that gets him instantly goes to the Finals the same year), here's my take on our GM:

I'm of the opinion that all these "player moves" really aren't going to make a shred of difference.  Why?  Because for the current management, "winning" is not a very high priority.  Here's my list, in the best order I can assemble right now:

1. Elitism.  That ol' "power corrupts" thing strikes again.  

2. Absentee Ownership.  "Young" Mr. Molson is hiding away, apparently busy counting his money from beer sales.  He's probably more of a football fan, anyway.

3. Misplaced Priorities.  You could be Sidney Crosby, but if you stay out late at a club one night, or if your girlfriend makes an "unsavory" comment on Facebook, you're gone in a heartbeat, likely for a third-round pick, or maybe just cab fare.

4. Peter Principle.  As long as it looks like he's doing "something," MB just might hang on to the job another year. 

5. Incompetence.  All that "grit" and "character" has translated into a lot of sideways and backwards moves, and zero championships.  And he won't learn anything new.  See #1 and #4.

6. Foxhole Theory.  Another way of saying "favoritism over talent."  Even with Mr. Therrible gone, Julien only got the job because he speaks French.  Bergevin probably sends weekly reminders to him, just to be sure.  This is also no doubt why SL is still the coach of the Habs' farm team.  Hey, I hear there's a wine tasting this weekend.  

7. Dishonesty.  Not tipping your hand about players, trades, or injuries is one thing; lying outright to an entire fan base is another.

8. Contempt.  Not the least bit of respect for season ticket holders and fans around the world who have been fans longer than MB has been alive.  Also, see #7.

9. "I Put Puck In Net."  I'll use the old AK47-ism here to try to explain how some of his trades can be so good, while others are so amazingly horrible.  When you think about it, this type of mind-boggling insanity is actually what we should have expected when we heard our GM was the only guy in NHL history who ever threw the puck into his own net. 

 

So, to summarize, even though the Subban trade will live on as one of the most boneheaded mistakes in the history of the universe, as will be losing Galchenyuk (and probably Sergachev), it really wouldn't matter if all those great players stayed in Montreal.  The Canadiens are going nowhere, and they're going there fast.  "Winning a Championship" isn't even on the above list because if so many other things are ahead of it, it won't happen in any case.  Heck, if even one thing is ahead of "winning," that could be enough to derail it.  

I wouldn't be surprised if the Vegas Golden Knights had a better season than the Habs this coming year.  

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

3 hours ago, vegasrick said:

Well, now that the season is over and we know the results of Mr. Bergevin's "blockbuster" trade (i.e., send your Norris Trophy Generational Talent away, and *BAM!* the team that gets him instantly goes to the Finals the same year), here's my take on our GM:

I'm of the opinion that all these "player moves" really aren't going to make a shred of difference.  Why?  Because for the current management, "winning" is not a very high priority.  Here's my list, in the best order I can assemble right now:

1. Elitism.  That ol' "power corrupts" thing strikes again.  

2. Absentee Ownership.  "Young" Mr. Molson is hiding away, apparently busy counting his money from beer sales.  He's probably more of a football fan, anyway.

3. Misplaced Priorities.  You could be Sidney Crosby, but if you stay out late at a club one night, or if your girlfriend makes an "unsavory" comment on Facebook, you're gone in a heartbeat, likely for a third-round pick, or maybe just cab fare.

4. Peter Principle.  As long as it looks like he's doing "something," MB just might hang on to the job another year. 

5. Incompetence.  All that "grit" and "character" has translated into a lot of sideways and backwards moves, and zero championships.  And he won't learn anything new.  See #1 and #4.

6. Foxhole Theory.  Another way of saying "favoritism over talent."  Even with Mr. Therrible gone, Julien only got the job because he speaks French.  Bergevin probably sends weekly reminders to him, just to be sure.  This is also no doubt why SL is still the coach of the Habs' farm team.  Hey, I hear there's a wine tasting this weekend.  

7. Dishonesty.  Not tipping your hand about players, trades, or injuries is one thing; lying outright to an entire fan base is another.

8. Contempt.  Not the least bit of respect for season ticket holders and fans around the world who have been fans longer than MB has been alive.  Also, see #7.

9. "I Put Puck In Net."  I'll use the old AK47-ism here to try to explain how some of his trades can be so good, while others are so amazingly horrible.  When you think about it, this type of mind-boggling insanity is actually what we should have expected when we heard our GM was the only guy in NHL history who ever threw the puck into his own net. 

 

So, to summarize, even though the Subban trade will live on as one of the most boneheaded mistakes in the history of the universe, as will be losing Galchenyuk (and probably Sergachev), it really wouldn't matter if all those great players stayed in Montreal.  The Canadiens are going nowhere, and they're going there fast.  "Winning a Championship" isn't even on the above list because if so many other things are ahead of it, it won't happen in any case.  Heck, if even one thing is ahead of "winning," that could be enough to derail it.  

I wouldn't be surprised if the Vegas Golden Knights had a better season than the Habs this coming year.  

 

post of the day

Link to comment
Share on other sites

12 hours ago, vegasrick said:

Well, now that the season is over and we know the results of Mr. Bergevin's "blockbuster" trade (i.e., send your Norris Trophy Generational Talent away, and *BAM!* the team that gets him instantly goes to the Finals the same year), here's my take on our GM:

I'm of the opinion that all these "player moves" really aren't going to make a shred of difference.  Why?  Because for the current management, "winning" is not a very high priority.  Here's my list, in the best order I can assemble right now:

1. Elitism.  That ol' "power corrupts" thing strikes again.  

2. Absentee Ownership.  "Young" Mr. Molson is hiding away, apparently busy counting his money from beer sales.  He's probably more of a football fan, anyway.

3. Misplaced Priorities.  You could be Sidney Crosby, but if you stay out late at a club one night, or if your girlfriend makes an "unsavory" comment on Facebook, you're gone in a heartbeat, likely for a third-round pick, or maybe just cab fare.

4. Peter Principle.  As long as it looks like he's doing "something," MB just might hang on to the job another year. 

5. Incompetence.  All that "grit" and "character" has translated into a lot of sideways and backwards moves, and zero championships.  And he won't learn anything new.  See #1 and #4.

6. Foxhole Theory.  Another way of saying "favoritism over talent."  Even with Mr. Therrible gone, Julien only got the job because he speaks French.  Bergevin probably sends weekly reminders to him, just to be sure.  This is also no doubt why SL is still the coach of the Habs' farm team.  Hey, I hear there's a wine tasting this weekend.  

7. Dishonesty.  Not tipping your hand about players, trades, or injuries is one thing; lying outright to an entire fan base is another.

8. Contempt.  Not the least bit of respect for season ticket holders and fans around the world who have been fans longer than MB has been alive.  Also, see #7.

9. "I Put Puck In Net."  I'll use the old AK47-ism here to try to explain how some of his trades can be so good, while others are so amazingly horrible.  When you think about it, this type of mind-boggling insanity is actually what we should have expected when we heard our GM was the only guy in NHL history who ever threw the puck into his own net. 

 

So, to summarize, even though the Subban trade will live on as one of the most boneheaded mistakes in the history of the universe, as will be losing Galchenyuk (and probably Sergachev), it really wouldn't matter if all those great players stayed in Montreal.  The Canadiens are going nowhere, and they're going there fast.  "Winning a Championship" isn't even on the above list because if so many other things are ahead of it, it won't happen in any case.  Heck, if even one thing is ahead of "winning," that could be enough to derail it.  

I wouldn't be surprised if the Vegas Golden Knights had a better season than the Habs this coming year.  

 

:5187:

Link to comment
Share on other sites

23 hours ago, vegasrick said:

Well, now that the season is over and we know the results of Mr. Bergevin's "blockbuster" trade (i.e., send your Norris Trophy Generational Talent away, and *BAM!* the team that gets him instantly goes to the Finals the same year), here's my take on our GM:

I'm of the opinion that all these "player moves" really aren't going to make a shred of difference.  Why?  Because for the current management, "winning" is not a very high priority.  Here's my list, in the best order I can assemble right now:

1. Elitism.  That ol' "power corrupts" thing strikes again.  

2. Absentee Ownership.  "Young" Mr. Molson is hiding away, apparently busy counting his money from beer sales.  He's probably more of a football fan, anyway.

3. Misplaced Priorities.  You could be Sidney Crosby, but if you stay out late at a club one night, or if your girlfriend makes an "unsavory" comment on Facebook, you're gone in a heartbeat, likely for a third-round pick, or maybe just cab fare.

4. Peter Principle.  As long as it looks like he's doing "something," MB just might hang on to the job another year. 

5. Incompetence.  All that "grit" and "character" has translated into a lot of sideways and backwards moves, and zero championships.  And he won't learn anything new.  See #1 and #4.

6. Foxhole Theory.  Another way of saying "favoritism over talent."  Even with Mr. Therrible gone, Julien only got the job because he speaks French.  Bergevin probably sends weekly reminders to him, just to be sure.  This is also no doubt why SL is still the coach of the Habs' farm team.  Hey, I hear there's a wine tasting this weekend.  

7. Dishonesty.  Not tipping your hand about players, trades, or injuries is one thing; lying outright to an entire fan base is another.

8. Contempt.  Not the least bit of respect for season ticket holders and fans around the world who have been fans longer than MB has been alive.  Also, see #7.

9. "I Put Puck In Net."  I'll use the old AK47-ism here to try to explain how some of his trades can be so good, while others are so amazingly horrible.  When you think about it, this type of mind-boggling insanity is actually what we should have expected when we heard our GM was the only guy in NHL history who ever threw the puck into his own net. 

 

So, to summarize, even though the Subban trade will live on as one of the most boneheaded mistakes in the history of the universe, as will be losing Galchenyuk (and probably Sergachev), it really wouldn't matter if all those great players stayed in Montreal.  The Canadiens are going nowhere, and they're going there fast.  "Winning a Championship" isn't even on the above list because if so many other things are ahead of it, it won't happen in any case.  Heck, if even one thing is ahead of "winning," that could be enough to derail it.  

I wouldn't be surprised if the Vegas Golden Knights had a better season than the Habs this coming year.  

 

Great post ..... can't add any value other than to pose the question "so what are Hab fans going to do this upcoming hockey season?"

Link to comment
Share on other sites

3 hours ago, eldag said:

Great post ..... can't add any value other than to pose the question "so what are Hab fans going to do this upcoming hockey season?"

Prolly watch regardless. ;)

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Another slap in the face for Bergevin... David Poile voted GM of the year in a landslide. 14 guys get votes and Bergevin doesn't get a single one. So despite Habs' finish in the standings, voters recognize what an awful job MB did last year. A large part of Poile winning the award was his schooling Bergevin in the Subban trade.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

I laugh listening to the talking heads on TSN speculating about what Bergevin might do next ... especially when they say he is in the market for a defenseman. SAY WHAT?

He just gave away two defensemen on the roster plus our top organizational prospect, also a defenseman, and now we hear he's looking for defensemen? Does anyone have any questions left as to why this franchise is nose diving into the ground?

The Leafs sucked for years and never had a plan of action to turn things around ... just making one knee jerk move after another. Starting with Shanahan ... suddenly a plan began to form .. slowly at first ... but always with a sense of direction. Look where they have arrived .....

If you haven't been paying attention the Habs have not been a very entertaining team for a long time. And no ... winning or losing hockey games 2-1 or 2 - 0 is not necessarily entertaining. When was the last time this team would lift you out of your seat with their skill and finesse and sheer scoring talent? When were the Canadiens hailed as one of the truly formidable offensive forces in the league? No .. I am not talking about our TRUE dynasties that could never have existed in the cap era in any event. But what of teams like Detroit, Chicago, and Pittsburgh and now the Leafs and Edmonton? When is it time for us to have our Crosby/Malkin/Toews/Kane/Matthews/McDavid/Draisaitl/Karlsson/Subban(oops ... too soon?) .......

Making the playoffs and getting knocked out early has become our trademark now ..... being a boring almost unwatchable team is our trademark now ... the dynasties of yesteryear are just a distant memory and will never return. We have become the lovable losers, just like the old Leafs. We live on past glory and rely on our memories of a once great franchise that now only exists in the memory of those of us still old enough to remember. I used to muse how pathetic it was for Leaf fans to go on and on about their past glories over hockey games that happened so long ago that they can no longer be seen as their video quality has diminished. Unless you are at least 50 years old, you have never seen the Leafs win a Stanley Cup!! And, as most newborn babies seldom watch hockey, you would need to be over 60 years old to have any real memory of a Leafs Stanley Cup parade.

Well folks, that is where we are headed. You need to be almost 40 years old now to actually remember the Habs last hoisting the Cup. Does it seem we have a real plan to get back? How many more years will we wander in the wilderness aimlessly lurching from one season to the next with no direction? Goeff Molson doesn't care ... as long as he has French speaking management and a few French players and sells out his arena and sells enough over priced merchandise ... what does he care? His player costs are dictated by the league.

We have wasted the careers of Price and Pacioretty and Subban and others who have come and gone. There is no more window for the current roster. Price and Pacioretty have reached or passed their primes and are about to get very expensive. This is not the time to start trying to figure out how to build a team around them. Bergevin thinks this is the time to trade Galchenyuk when his trade value is as low as it could be. NO!

The players to trade now are Price and Pacioretty and you trade them for very high end prospects and or draft picks. We must be prepared to be non-contenders for at least 4 to 5 years but build young and hungry teams with high end skill and potential. We need to trade Weber now as well before his value diminishes further. No one on this team should be considered untouchable. Build with the young corps like Lehkonen/Gallies A and B/Hudon/Davidson/Drouin/Carr but always listen to trade offers and move out guys not fitting the futures profile. Let your top prospects play and make mistakes and they will reward you!!! That is how you build!

I am willing to bet if you told most Hab fans that this is our plan and mission and we are committed to building an exciting winner for the future, and executing a strategy that rewards playing skill and not language skill first, most would sign on. If you told me this team will struggle for the next 4 years and miss the playoffs but remain focussed on the strategy and in the 5th year produce a season like the Leafs just completed, I would be totally pumped!!!!!  

Mr. Molson ...  I beg you .... PLEASE MAKE IT HAPPEN!

:4226:

Link to comment
Share on other sites

I'm just worried he's going to make an unfavorable deal for LD because we have no LD remaining. Well, we have Benn and Davidson, but both seem like no. 6 D to me. Markov will presumably be brought back, but we're still in need of a top-4 LD. Is there anyone in free agency we could target?

EDIT: Oh, I guess Jerabek plays LD.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

12 minutes ago, jennifer_rocket said:

I'm just worried he's going to make an unfavorable deal for LD because we have no LD remaining. Well, we have Benn and Davidson, but both seem like no. 6 D to me. Markov will presumably be brought back, but we're still in need of a top-4 LD. Is there anyone in free agency we could target?

EDIT: Oh, I guess Jerabek plays LD.

The thing is, when when you lose 3 players at one position (albeit one of them was not a guarantee to be on the NHL roster next year) it raises concern but lets remember: we were very weak on LD to begin with last year.   I think if you were simply replacing Emelin and Beaulieur you could do so, with the same quality, via UFA or minor trades. Neither was a top pairing player (even though they both spent time there - a testament to how bad our LD was last season) and i think you could argue neither was even a top 4.  

So im not worried about replacing those guys (and like you said, Markov and Jerabek will most likely both be options).  What worries me is that #1LD slot which we didnt have filled 2 weeks ago (with all three of them on our roster) although you could argue Sergachev had a shot - and im not sure how you're filling it without moving a high end guy like Galchenyuk which I do NOT want to do.


________  Weber
Markov - Petry  (im 99% sure Markie is coming back)
Jerabek - Benn

We need some more depth at D for sure, but our glaring hole is #1LD  Picking up guys like Alzner or trading for someone like Theodore would solidify the group but none of them slot into #1 LD as far as i can see.   Not sure if Juulsen is ready to make the jump or if Nesterov will be back. 

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

4 hours ago, eldag said:

I laugh listening to the talking heads on TSN speculating about what Bergevin might do next ... especially when they say he is in the market for a defenseman. SAY WHAT?

He just gave away two defensemen on the roster plus our top organizational prospect, also a defenseman, and now we hear he's looking for defensemen? Does anyone have any questions left as to why this franchise is nose diving into the ground?

The Leafs sucked for years and never had a plan of action to turn things around ... just making one knee jerk move after another. Starting with Shanahan ... suddenly a plan began to form .. slowly at first ... but always with a sense of direction. Look where they have arrived .....

If you haven't been paying attention the Habs have not been a very entertaining team for a long time. And no ... winning or losing hockey games 2-1 or 2 - 0 is not necessarily entertaining. When was the last time this team would lift you out of your seat with their skill and finesse and sheer scoring talent? When were the Canadiens hailed as one of the truly formidable offensive forces in the league? No .. I am not talking about our TRUE dynasties that could never have existed in the cap era in any event. But what of teams like Detroit, Chicago, and Pittsburgh and now the Leafs and Edmonton? When is it time for us to have our Crosby/Malkin/Toews/Kane/Matthews/McDavid/Draisaitl/Karlsson/Subban(oops ... too soon?) .......

Making the playoffs and getting knocked out early has become our trademark now ..... being a boring almost unwatchable team is our trademark now ... the dynasties of yesteryear are just a distant memory and will never return. We have become the lovable losers, just like the old Leafs. We live on past glory and rely on our memories of a once great franchise that now only exists in the memory of those of us still old enough to remember. I used to muse how pathetic it was for Leaf fans to go on and on about their past glories over hockey games that happened so long ago that they can no longer be seen as their video quality has diminished. Unless you are at least 50 years old, you have never seen the Leafs win a Stanley Cup!! And, as most newborn babies seldom watch hockey, you would need to be over 60 years old to have any real memory of a Leafs Stanley Cup parade.

Well folks, that is where we are headed. You need to be almost 40 years old now to actually remember the Habs last hoisting the Cup. Does it seem we have a real plan to get back? How many more years will we wander in the wilderness aimlessly lurching from one season to the next with no direction? Goeff Molson doesn't care ... as long as he has French speaking management and a few French players and sells out his arena and sells enough over priced merchandise ... what does he care? His player costs are dictated by the league.

We have wasted the careers of Price and Pacioretty and Subban and others who have come and gone. There is no more window for the current roster. Price and Pacioretty have reached or passed their primes and are about to get very expensive. This is not the time to start trying to figure out how to build a team around them. Bergevin thinks this is the time to trade Galchenyuk when his trade value is as low as it could be. NO!

The players to trade now are Price and Pacioretty and you trade them for very high end prospects and or draft picks. We must be prepared to be non-contenders for at least 4 to 5 years but build young and hungry teams with high end skill and potential. We need to trade Weber now as well before his value diminishes further. No one on this team should be considered untouchable. Build with the young corps like Lehkonen/Gallies A and B/Hudon/Davidson/Drouin/Carr but always listen to trade offers and move out guys not fitting the futures profile. Let your top prospects play and make mistakes and they will reward you!!! That is how you build!

I am willing to bet if you told most Hab fans that this is our plan and mission and we are committed to building an exciting winner for the future, and executing a strategy that rewards playing skill and not language skill first, most would sign on. If you told me this team will struggle for the next 4 years and miss the playoffs but remain focussed on the strategy and in the 5th year produce a season like the Leafs just completed, I would be totally pumped!!!!!  

Mr. Molson ...  I beg you .... PLEASE MAKE IT HAPPEN!

:4226:

This team is far from over and much closer to being a contender. For rebuilding even if you totally tank there is no guarantee you're going to land a Mathews or McDavid . Even finishing absolutely last doesn't mean you'll even have the #2 pick. How many years were the Oilers bad with several 1st overall picks. If being bad was any guarantee than Phoenix would of won multiple[le cups by now. We have Price & Pacs and Chucky (hopefully he'll stay) and Drouin (hoping one can maybe play center) all possible 30 goal scorers if we can sign Rads we now have Lehkonen, Hudon is still ours Shaw under CJ  and Gallager healthy for a full season. We actually have a solid defense. As "great" as Nashville's defense was everyone needs to remember they almost didn't even make the playoffs! This team is far from over and a rebuild is by no means any sure thing. So New Jersey has the first pick this year are they the next powerhouse? Maybe Phoenix their GM is even convinced of drafting by corsi and possession metrics, that's working out wonderful for them!

 Anyway I'm okay with the Drouin trade because we need offense hated to lose Beau for only a 3rd. but it was CJ that didn't dress him not MT so as disappointing as that was he apparently didn't think he was as great as projected. I'm still optimistic about the coming year. It'd be nice to have more "flare" but teams LA (2 cups in 3years) Boston where CJ just came from have won with low scoring teams. I'm hoping with Gallager healthy Shaw a second season and Lehkenon and the addition of Droiun maybe we'll have more offense. I think we are a long way from a rebuild and when we do it may be years like the Oilers or the Leafs before were good again. Also Nashville was the 16th seed so anything can happen in the playoffs, but you have to get there first!  I may be the only optimistic one on this site it seems sometimes. I don't agree with everything the team has done but I don't see us as Phoenix either!

Link to comment
Share on other sites

5 minutes ago, CaptWelly said:

How many years were the Oilers bad with several 1st overall picks.

This cant be stressed enough.  Connor McDavid is a Generational talent. I think he actually may end up being better than Crosby.  Take him off the team & im not sure they make the playoffs & they are a team loaded with top 3 picks.  

 

 I'm hoping with Gallager healthy Shaw a second season and Lehkenon and the addition of Droiun maybe we'll have more offense.

I actually think our offense is going to be a lot better next year also.   I mean obviously assuming we can resign Radu and dont trade chucky.  Drouin will help (I actually think he's going to break out now that he'll have a bigger role here  - i think he's going to thrive as the hometown scorer)  and I expect a HUGE improvement from gallagher. We saw a glipse of it in the playoffs, but apparently he spent a large portion of last year, while recovering from his surgery, basically unable to hold his stick properly. No wonder he couldnt score!     Lehkonen will come in ready to go  & I expect a big jump in points.   Shaw, im not sure on, but if we put him on the third line with Danault and maybe Byron i think they will be a very effective 2 way line.  

Link to comment
Share on other sites

5 minutes ago, kinot-2 said:

MB said that if he can't make a deal with Rad, MB will consider trading his rights. 

Not much point is there?  The interview period starts this weekend doesnt it?  So by then other teams can talk to Radu prior to July 1. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

10 minutes ago, CaptWelly said:

This team is far from over and much closer to being a contender. For rebuilding even if you totally tank there is no guarantee you're going to land a Mathews or McDavid . Even finishing absolutely last doesn't mean you'll even have the #2 pick. How many years were the Oilers bad with several 1st overall picks. If being bad was any guarantee than Phoenix would of won multiple[le cups by now. We have Price & Pacs and Chucky (hopefully he'll stay) and Drouin (hoping one can maybe play center) all possible 30 goal scorers if we can sign Rads we now have Lehkonen, Hudon is still ours Shaw under CJ  and Gallager healthy for a full season. We actually have a solid defense. As "great" as Nashville's defense was everyone needs to remember they almost didn't even make the playoffs! This team is far from over and a rebuild is by no means any sure thing. So New Jersey has the first pick this year are they the next powerhouse? Maybe Phoenix their GM is even convinced of drafting by corsi and possession metrics, that's working out wonderful for them!

 Anyway I'm okay with the Drouin trade because we need offense hated to lose Beau for only a 3rd. but it was CJ that didn't dress him not MT so as disappointing as that was he apparently didn't think he was as great as projected. I'm still optimistic about the coming year. It'd be nice to have more "flare" but teams LA (2 cups in 3years) Boston where CJ just came from have won with low scoring teams. I'm hoping with Gallager healthy Shaw a second season and Lehkenon and the addition of Droiun maybe we'll have more offense. I think we are a long way from a rebuild and when we do it may be years like the Oilers or the Leafs before were good again. Also Nashville was the 16th seed so anything can happen in the playoffs, but you have to get there first!  I may be the only optimistic one on this site it seems sometimes. I don't agree with everything the team has done but I don't see us as Phoenix either!

We've been rebuilding since 1993 with spare parts from other teams. That's 24 years of rebuilding. The Habs used to be the envy of the league with player development but no more. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Guest
This topic is now closed to further replies.
 Share

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    • No registered users viewing this page.
×
×
  • Create New...