The Official Site of the Montréal Canadiens
Canadiens de Montreal

GAME 14 - Kings @ Habs

Flying_Lion

It's funny cause about a week or two into the season, all the hockey polls had us ranked #1 in their rankings. Currently, we're ranked 3, 4, or 5 in many of them. Lots of hockey people still don't believe in this team quite as much as the record would have you believe. This was a great team performance tonight (finally) but the question is whether the team can keep this up and also start putting away bad teams by making them look like bad teams.

6 minutes ago, BigTed3 said:

It's funny cause about a week or two into the season, all the hockey polls had us ranked #1 in their rankings. Currently, we're ranked 3, 4, or 5 in many of them. Lots of hockey people still don't believe in this team quite as much as the record would have you believe. This was a great team performance tonight (finally) but the question is whether the team can keep this up and also start putting away bad teams by making them look like bad teams.

Let's take it in four game blocks, starting with tonight. If the trend lines look right, I'll start believing. I've said it before, and I'll say it again: even though I strenuously think serious mistakes were made in the offseason, the roster is capable of so much more than it has produced so far. All it will take is the right mindset from the top down. I continue to contend that Bergevin and Therrien are wholly incapable of leading such a movement, but nothing talks like success.

If this team is a top 10 adjusted 5-on-5 CF% team by the second week of December, barring injuries we could be looking at a different situation.

1 minute ago, BigTed3 said:

That's why it's so frustrating. We rarely ever see it over a sustained 60 minutes let alone over an entire season. Was tonight a blip or a trend? We might not have to wait long to get an answer. Detroit and Chicago coming up a back-to-back with travel. Another litmus test.