The Official Site of the Montréal Canadiens
Canadiens de Montreal

PK Subban

maas_art

1 hour ago, habs_93 said:

I'm confused. How can Nashville do anything without leadership, grit, crease-clearing, and hating to lose?

Iffin I didn't know you better, I'd say you were being sarcastic. :rolleyes:

Excerpts from Arpon Basu:

"It's never been made perfectly clear what led the Canadiens to trade Subban, aside from wanting to acquire Weber, but there is a belief that bond with the city, that interest in having his own charitable and marketing endeavors, became problematic.

The perception remains that Subban became a distraction. 

Subban says that as soon as he was traded to the Predators he was assured this would not be an issue in Nashville. He said general manager David Poile invited him to bring all of his support people -- agents, managers, social media consultants, family -- to Nashville to meet with the Predators front office to see how they could work together. 

Subban says that never happened in Montreal. 

"It's a partnership between us," Subban said of Poile and himself. "From Day One he understood I have other interests aside from hockey. That doesn't affect how I prepare. Hockey is still my No. 1 priority. There's no doubt about that. But I do have other interests and opportunities outside of hockey." 

Another perception during his days in Montreal being dispelled in Nashville is that Subban is a defensive liability, prone to taking undue risks at the wrong times and therefore unreliable with the game on the line. 

Don't tell that to Predators coach Peter Laviolette, who used Subban and Mattias Ekholm primarily against the Blues' top scorer, forward Vladimir Tarasenko, in the second round and had Subban on the ice for 6:36 of the final 12:44 in the clinching 3-1 win in Game 6, with the Predators leading by one most of that time. "

I hope he hoists the cup.

what an assist on the OT goal. and a beautiful zone exit and stretch pass which lead to goal 2. 

and mostly what he is doing is playing great d. josi has the green light to rush for nashville, subban just makes break out passes like a boss and hangs back. 

i said this in the weber thread..THIS IS YEAR ONE!!!!!  year one and the results are already massively one sided as far as im concerned. it was supposed to be " a wash" for like 3 years. ...welll...:6185:

I just want to see P.K. Subban bring the Stanley Cup to Montreal and I hope every Montrealer who gets the opportunity to meet P.K. does the triple low five with him.

This would make putting up with the clowns in management and owner over the past few years less painful.

On 5/13/2017 at 8:22 PM, Y-ASK-Y said:

I just want to see P.K. Subban bring the Stanley Cup to Montreal and I hope every Montrealer who gets the opportunity to meet P.K. does the triple low five with him.

This would make putting up with the clowns in management and owner over the past few years less painful.

Oh man, could you imagine being in Bergevin's shoes if PK were to actually bring the cup to Montreal after winning it with Nashville?  Something tells me he wouldn't be joining in with the parade :lol:

it was alleged that MT made a comment to the effect that he ( MT ) could not win a Stanley Cup with PK in his lineup. PK hasn't won one , yet , but  MT couldn't win a Stanley  Cup with Crosby in his lineup either

On 5/12/2017 at 9:01 AM, kinot-2 said:

Excerpts from Arpon Basu:

"It's never been made perfectly clear what led the Canadiens to trade Subban, aside from wanting to acquire Weber,

The really dumb thing though is that both sides have confirmed that it was Poile who called Bergevin not the other way around.  So it wasnt even like MB called up & said "we want Weber, what will it take."   Instead, Nashville called & said "what will it take to get Subban" and Bergevin countered with Weber.  A total, colossal failure. Even if you felt they were equals the pot should have been sweetened because of age. 

4 hours ago, Manatee-X said:

Oh man, could you imagine being in Bergevin's shoes if PK were to actually bring the cup to Montreal after winning it with Nashville?  Something tells me he wouldn't be joining in with the parade :lol:

If PK did bring the cup to Montreal, he would probably take it to the hospital. 

2 hours ago, ChiLla said:

Interesting... all of a sudden PK is getting credit for his defensive game, while he was apparently a defensive liability for all those years in Montreal? Yeah, right.

http://www.tsn.ca/nhl/video/subban-has-taken-his-defensive-game-to-a-new-level-since-joining-nashville~1134790

Subban's playing great hockey right now. Phenomenal hockey. He's probably the Preds' best all-around defenceman and he's the guy being called upon to be the shutdown D man. He was hosed out of a good goal last night too. Still taking a lot of penalties and playing on the edge, but you live with that to get a guy like Subban on your team.

1 hour ago, BigTed3 said:

Subban's playing great hockey right now. Phenomenal hockey. He's probably the Preds' best all-around defenceman and he's the guy being called upon to be the shutdown D man. He was hosed out of a good goal last night too. Still taking a lot of penalties and playing on the edge, but you live with that to get a guy like Subban on your team.

This.  He really hasn't changed his game at all since he left our team, it's just that the media's portrayal of him has suddenly shifted.  He had that bad puck-over-the-glass penalty at the end of the game (I know it could happen to anyone, but it's still terrible timing).  He bobbled an easy puck in the defensive zone that lead to a turnover.  I remember at least two sequences last night where I was thinking to myself "geeze PK, you've got to get a pass off there and not try to do it all yourself".  But there were literally dozens more where I thought "wow, most defensemen would not have been able to do that".  Great little stick plays, great pinching decisions, strong puck protection along the boards, even great shot selection (as evidenced by his called-back goal).

The narrative could easily have been "Subban brings some great offense sometimes, but he's got to slow it down, focus, and try not to do everything himself".  Instead we had Don Cherry after the game talking about how PK was such a force and it was one of the best games he's played.  Go figure.