Sun, 5 Feb 2017 1:00 PM EST Oilers @ Canadiens RDS Sportsnet TSN 690

habs_93

What will happen first?  

6 members have voted

1. 1. What will happen first?

• Edmonton makes the Western Conference Final
    • Edmonton gets another first overall pick

1 minute ago, eldag said:

Thanks for this ... I thought they had a no-hitter going so I must have been on a bathroom break when they had the 4 hits. After yesterday's lacklustre effort I found this a disheartening effort in the first period. Going zip for two this weekend at home is not acceptable and yet there is no urgency to their play (with apologies to Radulov who is all out as usual) and their style of defence mystifies me. Can someone please explain their philosophy to me as I am assuming it is not to give the opposition as many 5 star looks at our goaltender as possible. We are far too timid as well except for Shaw but he has no judgement and we cannot trust him not to take stupid penalties. If they continue their play for the next two periods in the same way the first period went we will be looking at another loss. Kudos to Montoya for keeping it tied by the way. The way Carey has played the last couple of months I am beginning to fear that he is not even the best goalie on this team.

Agreed eldag. Kudos to Radulov and Montoya in this game so far.

10 minutes ago, eldag said:

Thanks for this ... I thought they had a no-hitter going so I must have been on a bathroom break when they had the 4 hits. After yesterday's lacklustre effort I found this a disheartening effort in the first period. Going zip for two this weekend at home is not acceptable and yet there is no urgency to their play (with apologies to Radulov who is all out as usual) and their style of defence mystifies me. Can someone please explain their philosophy to me as I am assuming it is not to give the opposition as many 5 star looks at our goaltender as possible. We are far too timid as well except for Shaw but he has no judgement and we cannot trust him not to take stupid penalties. If they continue their play for the next two periods in the same way the first period went we will be looking at another loss. Kudos to Montoya for keeping it tied by the way. The way Carey has played the last couple of months I am beginning to fear that he is not even the best goalie on this team.

Therrien

14 minutes ago, eldag said:

I think that Carey has been run more than any goalie in the league and has been known to play with injuries.  How many of them have played with broken feet, hands etc.  We have had penalties that are not called, called on penalties imagined and I would hazard a guess that it wears a body down as well the mind set.  This team has been badly coached which has stymied the careers of many of their best players.  There is a pettiness in the locker room and it does not rest in any of the players.  

They have not been playing up to their potential it could be they are physically hurt, could be they have been beaten down.  Who do they have that can raise up heart?  They got rid of Subban, who could always be counted on for an injection of Montreal soul.  

1 minute ago, ClassicHabsFan said:

I think that Carey has been run more than any goalie in the league and has been known to play with injuries.  How many of them have played with broken feet, hands etc.  We have had penalties that are not called, called on penalties imagined and I would hazard a guess that it wears a body down as well the mind set.  This team has been badly coached which has stymied the careers of many of their best players.  There is a pettiness in the locker room and it does not rest in any of the players.  

They have not been playing up to their potential it could be they are physically hurt, could be they have been beaten down.  Who do they have that can raise up heart?  They got rid of Subban, who could always be counted on for an injection of Montreal soul.  

Well said!