H_T_L

The Trade Deadline

428 posts in this topic

I stated last week that Habs were too easy to play against. I think that has been addressed. The hope is that some of the big bodies will free up space for the smaller guys to get more scoring chances. This team had no idea up to now that there is such a place as a slot in the opposition end. Most shots are made from bad scoring angles & it looks like they try too hard to pick spots instead of just getting the shot on net, hoping for rebounds.... result > too many missed nets. The next couple of games should show what hope the trades have given us. MB is right about the lack of *affordable* goal scorers in this year's deadline. Remember... they ARE still in 1st place. :6280:

19 hours ago, Regis22 said:

Well it is the Iginla of 2016/2017 not 2007 /2008

And Vanek was no ball of fire last time in playoffs with Habs.

Posted (edited)

4 minutes ago, fansince1948 said:

I stated last week that Habs were too easy to play against. I think that has been addressed. The hope is that some of the big bodies will free up space for the smaller guys to get more scoring chances. This team had no idea up to now that there is such a place as a slot in the opposition end. Most shots are made from bad scoring angles & it looks like they try too hard to pick spots instead of just getting the shot on net, hoping for rebounds.... result > too many missed nets. The next couple of games should show what hope the trades have given us. MB is right about the lack of *affordable* goal scorers in this year's deadline. Remember... they ARE still in 1st place. :6280:

That is what I have noticed the most lately, players trying to pick spots instead of simply rifling it to the net.

Edited by Habs=stanleycup