The Official Site of the Montréal Canadiens
Canadiens de Montreal

The Trade Deadline

H_T_L

8 minutes ago, kinot-2 said:

Grit and truculence remember. :4322:

I've hated that word since Burke with the Leafs. Maybe even more than "character".

Not excited about Vrbata or Doan, so I hope that isn't our goal for today.
Seems awfully slow overall. Must be a lot of back and forth and patience being exercised.

5 hours ago, ChiLla said:

Ott is virtually useless at this point in his career. He had a few really good years with Dallas but that was a really long time ago, it's not like we gave up much but I don't really understand the trade.

Could be a Julien thing though, maybe he wanted someone on the roster who's willing to drop the gloves from time to time?

This.  

The cost is virtually nothing so i dont really care but It seems very odd. Very curious if Julien wanted a tough guy or if Bergevin did. Guess we'll see if he cracks the lineup.  Obviously he would be on our 4th line and i can think of about 9 players, not in our top 9, who id rather have on that line than Ott. 

I don't mind Vrbata as a rental actually, if the price is acceptable of course. His production is identical to Radulov's this season.

Couturier apparently just left the Flyers' practice 5 minutes in, not injury-related according to Marinaro. Could also mean absolutely nothing of course. I guess it's really slow so far, eh?

Question for you people. Has anyone heard of a deal that the player veto'ed yesterday, supposedly someone didn't want to come to montreal. 

When i got in my car yesterday afternoon Calgary radio host said, "he" reportedly just axed a deal to go to montreal but I missed who the "he" was and they never went back to it. 

2 minutes ago, booboo_mtl said:

Question for you people. Has anyone heard of a deal that the player veto'ed yesterday, supposedly someone didn't want to come to montreal. 

When i got in my car yesterday afternoon Calgary radio host said, "he" reportedly just axed a deal to go to montreal but I missed who the "he" was and they never went back to it. 

Jannik Hansen from Vancouver.

7 minutes ago, ChiLla said:

Vanek to Florida as per Eliotte Friedman.

Actually a 3rd and dylan mcilrath  - 10th overall, 24 year old defensman.  He's a lot like Pateryn (3rd pairing guaranteed, *maybe* outside chance #4) so they actually gave up a decent amount for him.

Just now, maas_art said:

Actually a 3rd and dylan mcilrath  - 10th overall, 24 year old defensman.  He's a lot like Pateryn (3rd pairing guaranteed, *maybe* outside chance #4) so they actually gave up a decent amount for him.

Yeah, just read McKenzie's update. I was kinda surprised they got him for a 3rd rounder, adding a prospect makes sense.

1 minute ago, maas_art said:

All the talk was that New York considered him a bust. Looks like neither of these teams thought he'd live up to his projected role; too slow was one of the buzz words. Still not that much.

2 minutes ago, RyderRocks73 said:

All the talk was that New York considered him a bust. Looks like neither of these teams thought he'd live up to his projected role; too slow was one of the buzz words. Still not that much.

Definitely a bust as a top 10 pick but he is a pretty sure thing as an NHL defensman, albeit 3rd pairing. 

• H_T_L locked this topic