Trades for deadline day:

To DET: Greg Pateryn, Daniel Carr, MTL 2nd round pick 2017

To MTL: Thomas Vanek

I would rather keep Greg Pateryn, Daniel Carr, MTL 2nd round pick 2017

Vanek will just up and leave again as he only has a 1 yr contract

8 hours ago, Regis22 said:

I would rather keep Greg Pateryn, Daniel Carr, MTL 2nd round pick 2017

Vanek will just up and leave again as he only has a 1 yr contract

I don't care if he leaves again.  That's the point behind a playoff rental.  Pateryn and Carr cannot put the puck in the net.  We're looking for more offense at the deadline.  If Bergevin is truly all in, then this team will need to add scoring depth.  

8 hours ago, jeff33 said:

we got him for collberg the first time around no way we give up all that 

Vanek + 5th for Collberg + 2nd... so we also gave up a draft pick. But as I said before, rumor is that Det wants a 2nd rounder for Vanek. No need to give up other players.

25 minutes ago, H_T_L said:

Eklund said we were in on this deal & were trying to land Stone and Hanzal in one move. 

IMHO neither guy would be a good fit here.  Stone has monster size and some skill but honestly his play has always reminded me of Ryan Obyrne...you feel like there should be more to his game but ultimately he just looks lost most of the time.  

Hanzal would be a poor band-aid solution.  

Im hoping MB will be much much better than either of these guys. 

Just sayin, and not wanting either one, but (from CBC sports):

"Two of the more compelling players who may change addresses before the NHL trade deadline next Wednesday are veteran forwards Shane Doan and Jarome Iginla.

Both are eligible to become unrestricted free agents this summer and both are willing to waive their no-trade clauses to chase a Stanley Cup, a trophy that has evaded them in their long and distinguished careers.
Even though their production is way down this season — Doan has five goals in 57 games after scoring 28 times last season, while Iginla has scored seven goals in 57 outings after checking in with 22 in 2015-16 — contending clubs could be interested in adding the veterans."

3 minutes ago, kinot-2 said:

Just sayin, and not wanting either one, but (from CBC sports):

"Two of the more compelling players who may change addresses before the NHL trade deadline next Wednesday are veteran forwards Shane Doan and Jarome Iginla.

Both are eligible to become unrestricted free agents this summer and both are willing to waive their no-trade clauses to chase a Stanley Cup, a trophy that has evaded them in their long and distinguished careers.
Even though their production is way down this season — Doan has five goals in 57 games after scoring 28 times last season, while Iginla has scored seven goals in 57 outings after checking in with 22 in 2015-16 — contending clubs could be interested in adding the veterans."

The bold excludes Montreal

Pass on Stone, pass on Iginla, pass on Doan, thanks... I'd take Hanzal if it were for something like a 3rd or 4th round pick. He's a third line center with size and not much skill. He's definitely not as good a Lars Eller, and Eller fetched two 2nd's at a time when he's on a reasonable contract and still signed. Getting a less talented player who's going to be a UFA and want a big raise should cost way less.

The good news is that the Coyotes apparently settled and brought their asking price down for Stone, so it's opened up the market a little bit by setting a more reasonable reference range for what a deadline transaction should be. Hopefully that spurs other trades. Bob McKenzie tweeted that Arizona might even be making another move tonight, which could be Hanzal or Doan or someone else.

The Montreal Canadiens have acquired defenceman Keegan Lowe from the Carolina Hurricanes in exchange for defenceman Philip Samuelsson.

Looks like a swap of minor leaguers although Lowe is a bit younger & may have a slightly higher ceiling (both project as *maybe* #6-7 dmen).  The assumption is that Ulf (Samuelsson) wanted  his son in the carolina organization so they targeted him.  Lowe  projects as a Josh Gorges/Craig Rivet type player at best. 

11 minutes ago, maas_art said:

The Montreal Canadiens have acquired defenceman Keegan Lowe from the Carolina Hurricanes in exchange for defenceman Philip Samuelsson.

Looks like a swap of minor leaguers although Lowe is a bit younger & may have a slightly higher ceiling (both project as *maybe* #6-7 dmen).  The assumption is that Ulf (Samuelsson) wanted  his son in the carolina organization so they targeted him.  Lowe  projects as a Josh Gorges/Craig Rivet type player at best. 

Wow blockbuster trade! <_<

4 minutes ago, Habs=stanleycup said:

Wow blockbuster trade! <_<

Haha, yup.  Like i said, i think this is the case of Carolina wanting Samelsson so we were able to get a little upgrade in the process, but i doubt it was one of the deals Bergevin was actually trying to get done. 

12 minutes ago, maas_art said:

Haha, yup.  Like i said, i think this is the case of Carolina wanting Samelsson so we were able to get a little upgrade in the process, but i doubt it was one of the deals Bergevin was actually trying to get done. 

Oh well, *fingers crossed* for something significant. ^_^

I like the idea of going after Grigorenko. he is a fair sized winger who could slot into a line with Chucky right away which would leave our current first line intact give us a young player who could be brought along by Jullien and has had good #'s with Chucky in junior. he would probably not be too pricey to get and could sort out our second line nicely as long as Gallagher starts getting it going.

Patches Danault Radulov

Grigs Chucky Gallagher

Lehkonen Pleks Shaw

Byron Mitchell McCarron

could work out nice.

2 minutes ago, ramcharger440 said:

I like the idea of going after Grigorenko. he is a fair sized winger who could slot into a line with Chucky right away which would leave our current first line intact give us a young player who could be brought along by Jullien and has had good #'s with Chucky in junior. he would probably not be too pricey to get and could sort out our second line nicely as long as Gallagher starts getting it going.

Patches Danault Radulov

Grigs Chucky Gallagher

Lehkonen Pleks Shaw

Byron Mitchell McCarron

could work out nice.

Desperately waiting for THAT to happen.

24 minutes ago, maas_art said:

Not MB but I guess Lefebvre had something to do with it.

Samuelsson was signed this off-season and was expected to be a veteran to replace players like Morgan Ellis and Darren Dietz, but was never fully trusted by St. John’s IceCaps head coach Sylvain Lefebvre.

http://www.habseyesontheprize.com/2017/2/21/14688060/montreal-canadiens-keegan-lowe-for-philip-samuelsson-carolina-hurricanes-trade-icecaps

11 minutes ago, ramcharger440 said:

Patches Danault Radulov

Grigs Chucky Gallagher

Lehkonen Pleks Shaw

Byron Mitchell McCarron

could work out nice.

An interesting idea  - although if they are concerned with Chucky's defensive game they will be very concerned with Grigs'    I cant see them putting them on the same line, at least for now. 

I still think Grigorenko is more natural at centre & will ultimately if he finds success, it will be there.  Remember that during that draft most people had Chucky, Grigs and Forsberg listed as the top 3 centres. 

I wouldnt hesitate to get him, if we could do so without giving up too much but i am not sure what the asking price would be. Sakic seems to have gone a bit mad with his asks on players....

2 minutes ago, maas_art said:

An interesting idea  - although if they are concerned with Chucky's defensive game they will be very concerned with Grigs'    I cant see them putting them on the same line, at least for now. 

I still think Grigorenko is more natural at centre & will ultimately if he finds success, it will be there.  Remember that during that draft most people had Chucky, Grigs and Forsberg listed as the top 3 centres. 

I wouldnt hesitate to get him, if we could do so without giving up too much but i am not sure what the asking price would be. Sakic seems to have gone a bit mad with his asks on players....

:5187::4224:

Greg Pateryn will replace Nikita Nesterov in the Montreal Canadiens lineup Tuesday but it could be one of the final games he plays in a Habs uniform.

Canadiens general manager Marc Bergevin sent a league-wide memo to fellow GMs indicating that Pateryn is available for a trade.

http://www.sportsnet.ca/hockey/nhl/canadiens-sent-league-wide-memo-stating-pateryn-available-trade/

1 hour ago, maas_art said:

Stanley, here we come!!! :)

Have we given up on the idea of reuniting Galchenyuk and Yakupov?

As far as I can tell, Yakupov is a positive possession player who has suffered from low pdo on two teams that bleed goals against (EDM and this year's STL).
We'd be buying low, in the hopes that he is able to find his footing offensively, perhaps build a combination with Galchenyuk that will last for years, and that he is able to perform better on a team that is a little better at preventing goals against.

It would have been pretty much out of the question with Therrien, but I have hopes we can consider things like this now.

It's a risk for this season, rather than going after a more proven commodity, but it gives us a potential top 6 winger at a time when we don't have any other solid prospects for that position, and could pay off for years.

6 minutes ago, Habs=stanleycup said:

Greg Pateryn will replace Nikita Nesterov in the Montreal Canadiens lineup Tuesday but it could be one of the final games he plays in a Habs uniform.

Canadiens general manager Marc Bergevin sent a league-wide memo to fellow GMs indicating that Pateryn is available for a trade.

http://www.sportsnet.ca/hockey/nhl/canadiens-sent-league-wide-memo-stating-pateryn-available-trade/

Doesn't surprise me. I don't expect a high return, but we might be able to package him with a pick for a rental at least. I'm curious who our 7th D man would be, as I don't see anyone in the AHL being an improvement over Pateryn. Maybe indicative of another trade in the works to acquire a defenseman? Don't see the point in advertising the availability of Pateryn unless we need to move him to make room for someone.

• H_T_L locked this topic