The Official Site of the Montréal Canadiens
Canadiens de Montreal

The Trade Deadline

H_T_L

10 minutes ago, Noob616 said:

Lol the Burrows trade is awful. Guy they traded away has like 45 points in 50 games as a 19 year old in the Swedish 2nd tier league. 

19 year old 2nd rounder. At least the price seems to have come back down after that big overpayment for Hanzal.

Just now, kinot-2 said:

From what I understand,,, Benn is like Emelin lite. Works the PKs,,, hits,,, blocks shots, not much offence. 

Right ... which may make Emelin expendable now and part of a package for something else

With the parts we have ... a decent LW and C and I think we have 4 good lines ..  

Patches/Center/Radulov

LW/Galchenyuk/Gallagher

Shaw/Danult/McCarron

Byron/Mitchel/Flynn 

Can sub Lehkonen in for Shaw, and move Shaw to 4th

Here's hoping

GAH!   The headline I saw said we got Benn from the stars for Pateryn & I was like MB!!! Deal of the century!!! Jamie Benn for Pateryn!  LOL.

Havent seen Jordie play a ton, although my understanding is that he's basically a left-handed version of pateryn (a few years older) so its probably a wash. We end up getting a little more flexibility on the left side too, although i dont see him playing any higher than #5-7. 

1 hour ago, Noob616 said:

GNM1XFp.png

Surprisingly decent HERO chart. The numbers in the bottom are his rank among NHL defensemen expressed as a percentile.

That's actually better than I expected. Looks better than Emelin in everything but shot suppression, and seems a viable alternative for top 4 duty.

42 minutes ago, H_T_L said:

Yeah but is that enough to make up for 4 years of Trump???:5141:

Who are you kidding? We all know it's going to be 8 years. :P

13 minutes ago, RicochetII said:

That's actually better than I expected. Looks better than Emelin in everything but shot suppression, and seems a viable alternative for top 4 duty.

Who are you kidding? We all know it's going to be 8 years. :P

8 years?  You're optimistic ... I foresee him installing himself as permanent ruler

22 minutes ago, East_Coast_Juggalo_13 said:

If your looking to move a D-man for offence, how about:

To EDM: Brendan Gallagher, Thomas Plekanec, Alexei Emelin

To MTL: Ryan Nugent-Hopkins, Jordan Eberle

Doable or no?

Well Eberle for Gallagher is pretty fair. Not sure they'll give us RNH for Plekanec (a non-asset on a big contract) and Emelin.

So Shattenkirk goes to Was for a 2017 1st, a conditional 2018 2nd, and Zach Sanford (2013 2nd rounder). Not much, seeing as similar haul for Phoenix to sell Hanzal. The funny part appears to be that the Habs have Washington's 2nd rounder in 2018... so no one is really sure how Was managed to get away with offering Stl a conditional pick they don't even own.

1 minute ago, BigTed3 said:

So Shattenkirk goes to Was for a 2017 1st, a conditional 2018 2nd, and Zach Sanford (2013 2nd rounder). Not much, seeing as similar haul for Phoenix to sell Hanzal. The funny part appears to be that the Habs have Washington's 2nd rounder in 2018... so no one is really sure how Was managed to get away with offering Stl a conditional pick they don't even own.

Must be on the condition we give it back to them, and we get Eller back.:ph34r:

5 hours ago, HabsAlways said:

Right ... which may make Emelin expendable now and part of a package for something else

With the parts we have ... a decent LW and C and I think we have 4 good lines ..  

Patches/Center/Radulov

LW/Galchenyuk/Gallagher

Shaw/Danult/McCarron

Byron/Mitchel/Flynn 

Can sub Lehkonen in for Shaw, and move Shaw to 4th

Here's hoping

It's going to take more than C and LW to get 4 decent line's out of this group

We' can't package 3 or 4  scrubs for an elite forward , other teams don't want quantity over quality

1 hour ago, BigTed3 said:

The condition is "if we have a 2nd round pick by that time". Does seem weird that such a trade would pass approval. I know you can't do an offer sheet if you aren't in possession of the required picks, how would a trade be any different?

5 hours ago, HabsAlways said:

8 years?  You're optimistic ... I foresee him installing himself as permanent ruler

Nah, after 8 years he will be Supreme Leader of the world and it won't matter where you live.

Hahaha, so now Hanzal, Shattenkirk, Burrows and Brian Boyle have all flown the coop as Bergevin watches on holding his trigger until the last minute.

Will we get Duchene?  I think NOT!!!

Waiting for Bergevin to either:

(a) do nothing;

(b) get his cheap 3rd/4th liners  - OR

(c) do something REALLY stupid and pay a high price i.e. trade Galchenyuk, Sergachev and/or Juulsen.

:4224:

7 hours ago, PuckPundit said:

Hahaha, so now Hanzal, Shattenkirk, Burrows and Brian Boyle have all flown the coop as Bergevin watches on holding his trigger until the last minute.

But really, would you have wanted any of those guys? especially at the cost of a few of them? 

IMHo its pretty unlikely Bergevin makes a big deal (although if he does, today will be the day) but i could easily see us doing something like Vanek + Smith from Detroit for Juulsen + a high pick.   We end up with a band-aid at #2 LW and a guy who *might* be able to fit on our top pairing.

I just dont think you're getting any slam dunks this time of year unless you are prepared to move quality players off our roster which most of the time will end up being lateral moves. 

10 minutes ago, maas_art said:

But really, would you have wanted any of those guys? especially at the cost of a few of them? 

Exactly

I think he screwed up with the moves he made in the summer to appease the then coach

We got older instead of younger

28 minutes ago, Regis22 said:

I think he screwed up with the moves he made in the summer to appease the then coach

This is hte biggest problem.  In the summer you have flexibility and often more options. 

While our overall defense has gotten better since wet got Petry, we have had a glaring hole at #1 LD since Markov started to slow down a couple of years ago. Bergevin has continued to ignore this, instead trading our #1 RD for another #1RD.  Even if you feel Weber and Subban are equal players, it still leaves us with that hole at #1LD.  Now he has 1 day to fix it. :(

• H_T_L locked this topic