The Official Site of the Montréal Canadiens
Canadiens de Montreal

THERRIEN FIRED. HABS HIRE CLAUDE JULIEN!

BigTed3

27 minutes ago, Habs-92-93 said:

Would rather not have Julien back.  But what were our choices fitting the French criteria? dam.  MB shouldn't have let this go on as long as it did, I afraid it may be too late.

Yup....the writing was on the wall last year.

4 minutes ago, kinot-2 said:

I also wonder if Marc fired Therrien now in order to save Marc's skin later at the end of the season if we went down the tubes. 

As Tim & Sid said on Sportsnet, MB is running out of BOLD options/ moves. The next one before March 1st is hopefully the one that pushes our team over the edge.

1 minute ago, Habs=stanleycup said:

As Tim & Sid said on Sportsnet, MB is running out of BOLD options/ moves. The next one before March 1st is hopefully the one that pushes our team over the edge.

Was listening to them,,, but I switched to TSN radio. 

The timing is perfect too. Just enough time to evaluate the troops before the trade deadline.

One thing ive always felt about Julien is that he's good at playing the right players in the right places.   Give him a few games & then see what holes he thinks we have.  I suspect he will feel we need something differently from what Therrien thought we did. 

53 minutes ago, Woodenhhead said:

vwMin.gif

I guess I can post again - my self-imposed Therrien-induced exile is over!

This! All day long!  I cancelled my cable in anger after the Subban trade, but now I'm going to have to scramble to find some way to watch the games :P

Just now, maas_art said:

The timing is perfect too.

One thing ive always felt about Julien is that he's good at playing the right players in the right places.   Give him a few games & then see what holes he thinks we have.  I suspect he will feel we need something differently from what Therrien thought we did. 

Not to mention...I mean I know it seems like such a dream after all these years, but.... do you think he might actually match lines???  

Just now, Manatee-X said:

This! All day long!  I cancelled my cable in anger after the Subban trade, but now I'm going to have to scramble to find some way to watch the games :P

Makes you wonder what Julien thought of that move.  I mean im sure he's fine with Weber (for now) but i wonder if he would have preferred PK. 

• H_T_L locked this topic