Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
habs_93

2017 Stanley Cup Playoffs—Round 1

222 posts in this topic

26 minutes ago, BigTed3 said:

I do like the Hawks, but man would it be great to see the Preds and Subban knock them out... pulling for PK to come out of the West all the way. Nas-Mtl would be a great storyline for a final. Barring that, would be happy to face Edm or Cal and have an all-Canadian match-up too.

My thoughts exactly.

From what I've been able to watch in between assembling statistics tables for a paper, the Washington/Leafs OT is pretty chippy.

2 minutes ago, habs_93 said:

My thoughts exactly.

From what I've been able to watch in between assembling statistics tables for a paper, the Washington/Leafs OT is pretty chippy.

Anderson is playing well.

No call on that?

5 minutes ago, habs_93 said:

No call on that?

Which one? There's so many.

2 minutes ago, HabsRuleForever said:

Which one? There's so many.

That breakaway. Looked pretty bad to me.

2 minutes ago, habs_93 said:

That breakaway. Looked pretty bad to me.

Oh very much so.

If a Kadri semi-dive ends up winning a playoff game, I think the early playoffs officiating quality assessment will be complete.

1 minute ago, habs_93 said:

If a Kadri semi-dive ends up winning a playoff game, I think the early playoffs officiating quality assessment will be complete.

I thought someone had shot him.

Heading to 2nd OT in Washington.  I'd kinda like to see that series go 7 games as well.  But I think the Caps are getting a "home job" by the zebras.

12 minutes ago, HabsRuleForever said:

I thought someone had shot him.

He Mark-Stone'd that one.

It's so tempting to order a pizza, but the moment I did the game would end. :P

What an anticlimax.

Now I really wish I had the pizza.

Ottawa 4 Boston 3, overtime.  Toronto 4 Washington 3, double overtime.  Both series are tied 1-1. 

St. Louis with a 3-0 stranglehold now over the Wild.  Didn't see that coming. 

15 minutes ago, vegasrick said:

That makes two of us.

3 hours ago, vegasrick said:

For me, this was a hard series to call. Minnesota's got the better club, but they played poorly down the stretch, and Boudreau has never had success in the playoffs. St. Louis was great down the stretch. I took Minny but felt this series could easily go to St. Louis. I did not think it would be in 4 or 5 games though. In the other series in the West, I thought Anaheim was the most likely to win their series, but the other ones were all toss-ups to some degree to me. I am however, more surprised Nashville is up 2 on Chicago than St. Louis is up on Minny. I thought the Preds would make it a series but didn't think they'd be dominating by any means.

In the East, I felt confident choosing Was, Pit, and Mtl. Thought the Ott-Bos series would be the hardest to call and would be most likely to go 7.

17 hours ago, BigTed3 said:

For me, this was a hard series to call. Minnesota's got the better club, but they played poorly down the stretch, and Boudreau has never had success in the playoffs. St. Louis was great down the stretch. I took Minny but felt this series could easily go to St. Louis. I did not think it would be in 4 or 5 games though. In the other series in the West, I thought Anaheim was the most likely to win their series, but the other ones were all toss-ups to some degree to me. I am however, more surprised Nashville is up 2 on Chicago than St. Louis is up on Minny. I thought the Preds would make it a series but didn't think they'd be dominating by any means.

In the East, I felt confident choosing Was, Pit, and Mtl. Thought the Ott-Bos series would be the hardest to call and would be most likely to go 7.

Same. 

Nash 2-0 over Chicago is definitely the biggest suprise for me so far - especially the way they've done it. These were not close games. Chicago has looked horrible.

On the flip side i did not expect Pittsburgh to be 3-0   -  although i did think they had a very good chance of winning its been a weird series. Columbus has not played poorly so to have zero wins so far is pretty surprising.   St. Louis/Minny is definitely surprising too.    Everyone else is about where I expected them, albeit I thought we'd lose one in NY, not our first game at home!

Tonight:

Washington over Toronto to go up 2 games to 1;

Ottawa-Boston goes to 4OT with half a dozen players being taken off on stretchers; and

Chicago finally scores a goal....but will it be enough?