The Official Site of the Montréal Canadiens
Canadiens de Montreal

2017-18 Habs Lines

BigTed3

1 hour ago, BigTed3 said:

Pacioretty said today he didn't think Galchenyuk was upset about playing on the 4th line or unhappy with being a Hab (although Pacioretty also said that there was no problem between the team and Subban)... so I ask, if it's a non-issue, then why doesn't Pacioretty go play with Mitchell and Shaw and let's all see how well he produces in that situation... would love to see the reaction to either Max or Drouin being put on the 4th line and yanked off the first PP wave while Hemsky stays there and being given 10-12 minutes a game of ice time. Would people accept that? Would people blame the player for not producing in that role? Or would people clamor for the player to be put back where he belongs and accuse the coaching/management of making absurd decisions? Because that's what's happening to Galchenyuk. He's being demoralized and minimized and then accused of not contributing when he's not being put in a position to succeed. AG has more of a proven track record than Drouin and neither guy has really done that much to start the season. So why is one guy the 1C and the other languishing at the bottom of the line-up? Complete double standard. And I say that not because I have something against Max or Drouin, I just think that Galchenyuk should be given the same opportunity those two guys are getting.

I'm more curious to know why Patches doesn't appear to be advocating for Galchenyuk. He is the team captain and I would think that would be part of his responsibilities. I know a lot of things go on to which we aren't privy to but Galchenyuk doesn't appear publicly to be getting any support from anyone in the organization. Maybe the issue is with Galchenyuk personally.

7 minutes ago, habs1952 said:

I'm more curious to know why Patches doesn't appear to be advocating for Galchenyuk. He is the team captain and I would think that would be part of his responsibilities. I know a lot of things go on to which we aren't privy to but Galchenyuk doesn't appear publicly to be getting any support from anyone in the organization. Maybe the issue is with Galchenyuk personally.

yeah he seems to be to passive lol, takes all the blame and punishment, maybe he needs a backbone

I think at this point Chucky is the only one who can help Chucky. Listening to Satellite radio NHL Network today. He came up and everyone was in agreement that he hasn't been at least putting his best effort out. It's a tough position for the coaches also. One of your most talented players pouts about where he is being played and then doesn't put out his best effort. You can't promote him if he's not busting his tail off and proving to everyone he wants to be moved up the line up. He has all the talent but he needs to show it. Skilled players Kane , Crosby , Kovalev make others better around them and can play with anyone and make things happen. He has the tools now he has to quit sulking and go out there and actually look better than his line mates and force the coaches to move him up the line up. I like him and his skill set and we need him to get back to his old self. That said this isn't Terrien anymore and it's not like every team is calling about him. Like Yakapov he needs to re-prove him self again show that he wants to be here. He isn't the first athlete to have to play his way back into a coach or a teams favor. He's not a kid anymore and knows what he needs to do. These are professionals getting paid millions, boo hoo about how someone else ruined him. A star player will play through it. Power-play or even strength I'd love to see him get a couple or at least create some chances maybe gain some confidence.

17 minutes ago, CaptWelly said:

I think at this point Chucky is the only one who can help Chucky. Listening to Satellite radio NHL Network today. He came up and everyone was in agreement that he hasn't been at least putting his best effort out. It's a tough position for the coaches also. One of your most talented players pouts about where he is being played and then doesn't put out his best effort. You can't promote him if he's not busting his tail off and proving to everyone he wants to be moved up the line up. He has all the talent but he needs to show it. Skilled players Kane , Crosby , Kovalev make others better around them and can play with anyone and make things happen. He has the tools now he has to quit sulking and go out there and actually look better than his line mates and force the coaches to move him up the line up. I like him and his skill set and we need him to get back to his old self. That said this isn't Terrien anymore and it's not like every team is calling about him. Like Yakapov he needs to re-prove him self again show that he wants to be here. He isn't the first athlete to have to play his way back into a coach or a teams favor. He's not a kid anymore and knows what he needs to do. These are professionals getting paid millions, boo hoo about how someone else ruined him. A star player will play through it. Power-play or even strength I'd love to see him get a couple or at least create some chances maybe gain some confidence.

You say it's on Chucky to get himself out of it. But why does he get demoted to the 3rd and 4th lines every time he slumps while other players get to play through their slumps in the top 6? Gallagher had an awful season last year but never played the 4th. Desharnais stayed on the top line and 1st PP wave for how long despite going forever without a goal. Pacioretty never gets demoted... this isn't all on Chucky.

33 minutes ago, CaptWelly said:

i get your point, but the team seems like they want him to fail, when he did good a center they demoted him, even switching coaching he was never given that chance, think maybe MB share more blame than Chucky

he started the  year on the 3rd line, there are guys moving between those lines where AG could play, to assume droin who has yet to do anything this season is better than him, the thought process that says Hemsky deserves a chance on the 1st line over him tells you somethings not right, i really hope hes traded or molson fires everyone in that front office, because after AG whos next. 

1 hour ago, CaptWelly said:

It's hard to soar with eagles when you work with turkeys.

23 minutes ago, BigTed3 said:

Pacioretty-Drouin isn't producing enough and it's getting hard to wait. Time for a revamp (including a recall):

Galchenyuk-Drouin-Gallagher

Pacioretty-Plekanec-Hudon

Lehkonen-Danault-Shaw

Byron-DLR-Carr

AG had 12 min in the toronto game, looked great and scored, they are not gonna move him up, defence 1st talent 2nd

With the call-ups:

Pacioretty-Danault-Lehkonen

Byron-Plekanec-Shaw

Hudon-McCarron-Scherbak

Nothing wrong with that forward group IMO. I'd love to see Carr get another shot at some point too, but I'll take the present call-ups over Hemsky, Mitchell, and DLR any day. The defence, however, remains the primary problem with the club, and Marc Bergevin continues to fail to address that urgent need.

56 minutes ago, BigTed3 said:

The defence, however, remains the primary problem with the club, and Marc Bergevin continues to fail to address that urgent need.

Not that I am lending  support to  MB , but Id like to think that he and everyone in organization realizes that have a problem on D . But , I think the problem the Habs face  is what they are looking for , a top flight D man , when teams have one like that , they don't usually trade them away unless you are in a position of strength at D .

Like David Poile when he traded Seth Jones for Ryan J .

But MB , has done it 2 years in a row .

And to get one you have to give something good up . The Habs don't have a lot of good  to give up as it would just weaken them elsewhere .

3 hours ago, BigTed3 said:

With the call-ups:

Pacioretty-Danault-Lehkonen

Byron-Plekanec-Shaw

Hudon-McCarron-Scherbak

Nothing wrong with that forward group IMO. I'd love to see Carr get another shot at some point too, but I'll take the present call-ups over Hemsky, Mitchell, and DLR any day. The defence, however, remains the primary problem with the club, and Marc Bergevin continues to fail to address that urgent need.

I'm sure we'll see Carr get another shot but as long as MB is GM it will likely be with another team AKA Sven A.

And no, I have no idea what lines are supposed to be in what order. The three best forwards (JD, MP, AG) are all on different lines. Two of the other guys who would/should be in the top 6 (CH, BG) are on a 4th different line. So I don't really know how ice time will be distributed among this group.

52 minutes ago, BigTed3 said:

Here are your lines from practice today:

Byron Drouin Lehkonen

Pacioretty Danault Shaw

Hudon Plekanec Gallagher

Scherbak McCarron Galchenyuk

with Mitchell and DLR extra. Hemsky on IR, as expected.

those are horrible lines, i get getting the team going but this is just, well wow, just wow

1 hour ago, BigTed3 said:

And no, I have no idea what lines are supposed to be in what order. The three best forwards (JD, MP, AG) are all on different lines. Two of the other guys who would/should be in the top 6 (CH, BG) are on a 4th different line. So I don't really know how ice time will be distributed among this group.

30 minutes ago, jwlk said:

those are horrible lines, i get getting the team going but this is just, well wow, just wow

3 minutes ago, jennifer_rocket said:

Those lines are blenderific. :lol:

I get it though, Julien is try to do anything to get guys going.  I think he'll adjust in-game (and we may not even see them this way to start) but they still look pretty bad right now.  At least Galchenyuk has some potentially decent line-mates. Id prefer seeing him between Scherbak & BigMac though. 

• H_T_L locked this topic