The Official Site of the Montréal Canadiens
Canadiens de Montreal

#27 Alex Galchenyuk 2017-18

habs_93

2 hours ago, CaptWelly said:

The article also does point out how he has been lazy on the defensive side of his game and if he wants to get promoted he needs to at least give the ole 110% not just go through the paces because he's not inspired. Maybe this is part of the Millennial generation? Just because you have talent and were a high draft pick you still have to work. Jullien is a good coach that you can make mistakes if you're giving effort. A very small percentage of hockey players get to play in the NHL. So he's a 23 year old millionaire playing hockey in Montreal ,how horrible. Even if it's on the 3rd or 4th line he should show his skill and determination. I'd actually like to see him with Pacs and Druin. I also would like to see him EARN that spot. It's not fair to other players if he gets special treatment and doesn't earn his spot.  

The Penguins don't seem to have an issue with Kessel. They use him for what he's good at.

1 hour ago, habs_93 said:

You're laser-focused in one zone starts. I'm not sure why, because it's a contextual add-on and not particularly interesting by itself; what of a player who gets less even strength offensive zone starts but better linemates? Etc.

The facts and nothing but the facts. You are right, expect it was provided as an extension of a main point I provided earlier. You should read them :)

1. Just because Subban worked hard and was a better player than Galchenyuk, does not mean AG doesn't also have a beef with the way he's been treated. Galchenyuk has also been treated unfairly, when you compare his handling to that of others like Drouin, Pacioretty, and Danault for example.

2. The numbers I posted are 5v5 data from corsica, which is one of the more reputable stats sites for the NHL.

10 hours ago, habs1952 said:

The Penguins don't seem to have an issue with Kessel. They use him for what he's good at.

They also didn't automatically put him on the top line. A lot of the time he has been on the Pens he hasn't played with Crosby or Malkin and yes the first year with them spent most of his time on the 3rd line. So that does prove a true talent doesn't need to be with the best players to score. For those thank want Chucky at center it is a completely different responsibility role at center than the wing. Everyone points out the "new' NHL well that is one of the new NHL things is having centers be defensively responsible. The team has actually put him in a better position with less responsibility to shine offensively. To play like a Patrick Kane. The treatment difference compared to Druion well he's been here 4 games and early on Chucky was given a LOT of leeway. The Kessel comparison is kinda of funny also, because a while back his name had been mentioned to come here and nobody wanted him? So now he's our comparison? Chuck has been on almost every power play also so he's been given a lot of opportunities. (no one is scoring on the pp at this time though) If he goes out and puts in the effort CJ will reward him. If he doesn't than he can look in the mirror to see who's to blame.

until chucky starts working harder his career is going to continue to slip away. he is not skating like he used to anymore and every time he shoots he pretty much stops moving waiting to see if he scored in fact he is stopped a lot of the time a guy like him needs to be moving otherwise he is too easy to take the puck from. and the blind passes! i have never seen a guy cough up the puck as often as he is since he got hurt last year. all the skill is there really he just needs to apply himself and results will come he has the talent in the end a top tier talent should be able to produce something no matter who he plays with in the third against Chicago he got better shots off than when he was playing on a higher line the game before! if he has a beef with the team he needs to go no use for a guy who does not want to be here. pretty sure his paycheck is still getting cashed.

Julien saying Galchenyuk going to 4th line because he isn't generating scoring chances. Andrew Berkshire reporting this isn't true and that AG is 3rd on team behind Lehkonen and Gallagher in high-danger scoring chances. Basic point is that AG looks like he's playing lazy hockey, but he's still getting more chances than other players like Drouin and Pacioretty, who aren't getting torched by coach and media.

Some rumors surfacing now that Galchenyuk has requested a trade. Was written that Pierre McGuire is the source of this rumor but haven't seen that officially yet. If it's true, then it's another bungled situation for MB and his team: finding a way to minimize a player's value before trading him, it's what Bergevin does best.

1 minute ago, BigTed3 said:

Julien saying Galchenyuk going to 4th line because he isn't generating scoring chances. Andrew Berkshire reporting this isn't true and that AG is 3rd on team behind Lehkonen and Gallagher in high-danger scoring chances. Basic point is that AG looks like he's playing lazy hockey, but he's still getting more chances than other players like Drouin and Pacioretty, who aren't getting torched by coach and media.

Some rumors surfacing now that Galchenyuk has requested a trade. Was written that Pierre McGuire is the source of this rumor but haven't seen that officially yet. If it's true, then it's another bungled situation for MB and his team: finding a way to minimize a player's value before trading him, it's what Bergevin does best.

Yeah, i like the fact that Julien is "Saying the right things" in terms of supporting his player but his on-ice usage of him speaks louder than his words & makes them pretty empty.

Even if you say "its not a demotion, he has a skilled player (Hemsky) on that line, he started the year with Danault and Shaw. Its not like he was tried with skilled players and failed - he hasnt been given a chance.

If we end up trading chucky and get a good return, I'll be sad to see him go but at least we would have something to work with. If we trade him for what i *think* MB is going to be asking, i think we're all going to be pretty upset.

21 minutes ago, maas_art said:

If we trade him for what i *think* MB is going to be asking, i think we're all going to be pretty upset.

Yep. This organization's obsession with "improving" players, making them "earn" things, and "character" will result in yet another talented player thrown away for hard-workin' scrubs that will meet the 1995 eye test and get shredded by the opponents. But hey, at least they won't do anything fancy. Heaven forbid.

While he's still on the roster, I'd like to once again reject this stupid, retrograde garbage that somehow you're going to help a hockey team by making tangibly, unarguably superior players "earn" more ice time than plugs who can't play the modern game well. What has this gotten anyone in the last 5 years, let alone us? Even if you thought it had some merit three years ago, you have zero evidence to support it now. It is an article of faith, completely apart from reality. Galchenyuk should automatically get more 5-on-5 ice time than players he's unambiguously and objectively better than: Shaw, Danault, Lehkonen, Plekanec, Byron, De La Rose, Hemsky, and Mitchell. Period. He makes a mistake? Whoops, play more. Team loses a few games? Whoops, play more. He takes a bad penalty? Whoops, play more. I straight up do not care how much effort or "heart" players like Shaw, Danault, Byron, Hemsky, and Mitchell put in: at 125% they're still not as useful in even strength hockey to the team as Galchenyuk is.

Not to mention that there's always been a bigoted anti-Slav undercurrent to discussion of him, which is still somehow considered acceptable.

6 minutes ago, habs_93 said:

He makes a mistake? Whoops, play more. Team loses a few games? Whoops, play more. He takes a bad penalty? Whoops, play more. I straight up do not care how much effort or "heart" players like Shaw, Danault, Byron, Hemsky, and Mitchell put in: at 125% they're still not as useful in even strength hockey to the team as Galchenyuk is.

This x 1000000

18 minutes ago, habs_93 said:

Galchenyuk should automatically get more 5-on-5 ice time than players he's unambiguously and objectively better than: Shaw, Danault, Lehkonen, Plekanec, Byron, De La Rose, Hemsky, and Mitchell. Period. He makes a mistake? Whoops, play more. Team loses a few games? Whoops, play more. He takes a bad penalty? Whoops, play more. I straight up do not care how much effort or "heart" players like Shaw, Danault, Byron, Hemsky, and Mitchell put in: at 125% they're still not as useful in even strength hockey to the team as Galchenyuk is.

i love this

No player is untouchable. I would trade Galchenyuk as part of a package for Tavares. I would deal him for an equally-talented, equally young forward or for a true LH #1 D man under the age of 26. But I wouldn't deal AG for Duchene or for Brock Nelson and a pick or for a collection of lesser players. Those deals don't make us better. They make us older or more defensive and less offensive, and we frankly don't need any of those things.

There is definitely some amount of dislike for AG because he's Russian. MB was pretty pronounced in getting rid of all the Russian players this year, and there were rumors he didn't care for having that faction in the locker room. But in general, I think Russian players get the reputation of being lazy whether they are or not. They are given the reputation of not caring or not wanting to win or not wanting to put in the effort. Think hard about the reputation Kovalev had here and how much he had to do to try and change that. Semin has the same problem and he was cut even though he had great possession numbers. Sergei Kostitsyn was in my view actually a problem player off the ice, but his brother Andrei was deemed to be lazy and under-achieving without much reasoning. There are always exceptions to the rules. Markov was well-liked and Radulov was deemed to have shown good hustle, and there are certainly North American players who have been thought of as having attitude problems, but a lot of people have the Don Cherry mentality that Canadian players are good ole hard-working boys and Russians are only interested in dipsy-doodling with the puck and won't go into the corners or play hard. Galchenyuk isn't even a true Russian, but he still gets looked at that way by many... can't tell you how many comments I've seen by fans on websites and even by media members on things like Anti-Chambre where they talk about Galchenyuk being the "typical Russian" and needing to try more. I think MB has a bit of the Don Cherry view of what a good hockey player is, and that's frankly hurting our chances of developing and retaining skill players.

21 hours ago, BigTed3 said:

2. The numbers I posted are 5v5 data from corsica, which is one of the more reputable stats sites for the NHL.

Considering Danualt has only played one full season as a Hab not sure why the other years are relevant. If you look back since Danualt has been with the team from training camp on the numbers certainly paint a different picture ... Danualt plus 6 and 86 games, Galchenk minus 4 in 65 games.... your Corsica site which I also use :)

Anyway I am not trying to indicate Danualt is better than Galchenyk. Galchenyk skill set is miles ahead of Danualt, unfortunetly his game is not. And to always be complaing that he is not getting a fair shake is not the truth any longer, its time to earn the ice time. Not wine and complain about other players getting a free ride... 

18 minutes ago, Ravadak said:

Considering Danualt has only played one full season as a Hab not sure why the other years are relevant. If you look back since Danualt has been with the team from training camp on the numbers certainly paint a different picture ... Danualt plus 6 and 86 games, Galchenk minus 4 in 65 games.... your Corsica site which I also use :)

Anyway I am not trying to indicate Danualt is better than Galchenyk. Galchenyk skill set is miles ahead of Danualt, unfortunetly his game is not. And to always be complaing that he is not getting a fair shake is not the truth any longer, its time to earn the ice time. Not wine and complain about other players getting a free ride... 

exactly other players getting a free ride, why should he have to always prove himself, always fight harder than anyone else, what makes the others so much more important than him, and i would rather have AG on my 1st line than danault any day

14 minutes ago, Ravadak said:

I'm 100% agreed that Galchenyuk needs to do more, and as I stated earlier, I think he really has shown less effort this season compared to previous seasons. I think he's a better player than what he has shown so far, and we've seen flashes of this brilliance for 20-30 game stretches repeatedly.

But I think it is 100% fair to put his situation into the context of the entire team. If he was the only player struggling and we were getting 2 goals a game from two other trios, I could understand CJ not wanting to break up the other functioning lines. But the fact is that for the first few games and for the past couple of years even, this team has not been able to score goals. We've had two fairly consistent goal scorers: Pacioretty and Galchenyuk. So when your team is so bad at producing goals and you're losing games because you're having trouble getting more than two tallies a night, it just makes no sense to belittle and marginalize one of your few offensive talents.

So if you're the coach or GM, what goes through your head when you decide to play Galchenyuk on the 3rd and 4th lines? What tells you that players like King and Ott and Martinsen and Shaw and Hemsky and Weise and Flynn and so on should be playing ahead of AG in the line-up? This isn't a one-game wake-up call to try to motivate him, this has been parts of several seasons now where AG has been the whipping boy and made to "work his way back up the line-up." And so yes, if everyone else was playing well, I could understand. If the same treatment was afforded to everyone, I could understand. But like I've listed before, guys like Pacman, DD, Danault, Plekanec, Shaw, Gallagher, and more have not had to put up with similar long-term demotions. DD was an awful defensive player, he's had stretches of 20-30 games without goals, and still he managed to stay on the first line as a lock. Gallagher was awful last season, and it was never a question of his playing the 4th line. Pacioretty spent last year and the one before taking countless O-zone penalties and weak efforts on back-checks (case in point the goal when Subban fell and was blamed for the loss, but where Max gave up on skating back) and yet there is zero talk about selfishness or laziness or issues needing to be corrected. Why? Because there is a complete double standard.

So sure, I absolutely believe AG is responsible for some of this and that he needs to step up his game. But I also think there are 5-6 other forwards who need to do the same and who aren't paying the same price Galchenyuk is. And for a player (in fact it's probably more general human nature), to see your colleagues/cohort going unpunished for the same things that you're getting lectured and beat down about, it's going to play a role on your psyche. Don't know if anyone's ever had a job where their boss has picked on them or put them down more than colleagues... that's got to be how Galchenyuk feels. So the end result is that he's going to feel like no matter what he does, he's still going to get pointed out for the slightest let-up or mistake. The just thing to do would be to put AG back at center with offensive wingers and say, you have 15-20 games, go and produce. That gives him the kickstart and fire he needs to get going and the motivation to know he's being put in a position to succeed at what he's good at, but it also gives him the feeling that if he fails, it's on him. But the fact is that each time he's actually been given that chance to play 1C, he's been excellent in that role. So it's hard to put this all on Galchenyuk for failing to produce as 3rd/4th line winger playing with Shaw and Mitchell and Martinsen and Ott when that's really not a fair shake.

Not sure where this ends for Galchenyuk,but when demoted he should be able to dominate the other teams 4th line. If he is being outplayed in these situations I dpn't see how he stays. Perhaps he could work at some of those defensive skills. I do not see how they resolve this. Julien and Bergevin appear to be seeing the same thing. He was given a contract that suggests they see more value than he has shown this year. I don't think the media is doing him any favours and it would probably help if they left him alone for a while, We may read about another kid who can't handle the pressure soon, but I am sure for Galchenyuk it is much harder to deal with the issues when reporters are in your face every day. A goal or two may change the conversation again. Perhaps Max or Drouin can stop scoring for a while.

8 hours ago, Habberwacky said:

A goal or two may change the conversation again. Perhaps Max or Drouin can stop scoring for a while.

This is quite funny..

11 hours ago, BigTed3 said:

So it's hard to put this all on Galchenyuk for failing to produce as 3rd/4th line winger playing with Shaw and Mitchell and Martinsen and Ott when that's really not a fair shake.

Again Big Ted, life isn't fair...and if all you can do is complain about how you are treated, then, well, quite frankly, all I can say is  grow up and prove people wrong, at the end of the day you get the last laugh. But if your pushed and don't push back, guess what it sucks to be you....

And I think this 4 line crap is overrated.  

Forwards on the habs who have played over 60 games since the beginning of last season he ranks 4 in total ice time, behind patches, radulov and plekanec..so its not like he has been playing 4th line minutes. This season he is still 4th in total ice time.

He was 4th in power play ice time since beginning of last season. 3rd this season. Only behind Patches and Drouin. And although drouin has not played any better I get why he is getting more leeway, new player on the team and playing a new position, and likely dare I say for the wrong reasons new big contract and the French boy I get it I get it I get it, wrong wrong wrong....but again life isn't fair....

Bill Gates talks about how  feel-good,
politically correct teaching has  created a full
generation of kids with no  concept of reality and how
this concept  sets them up for failure in the real
world.

RULE 1
Life  is not fair – get used to it.

RULE 2
The  world won’t care about your self-esteem. The world
will expect you to accomplish something BEFORE you  feel
good about yourself.

RULE 3
You  will NOT make 40 thousand dollars a year right out
of high school. You won’t be a vice president with
car phone, until you earn  both.

RULE 4
If  you think your teacher is tough, wait till you get a
boss. He doesn’t have tenure.

RULE 5
Flipping burgers is not beneath your dignity. Your
grandparents had a different word for burger flipping
they
called it Opportunity.

RULE 6
If  you mess up,it’s not your parents’ fault, your coaches faults, your linemates fault, what line you are on,  so don’t
whine about your mistakes, learn from them. ( I added to this :) )

RULE 7
Before you were born, your parents weren’t as boring as
they are now. They got that way from paying  your bills,
cleaning your clothes and  listening to you talk about
how cool  you are. So before you save the rain forest
from the parasites of your parent’s generation, try
delousing the closet in your own room.

RULE 8
Your  school may have done away with winners and losers,
but life has not. In some schools they have  abolished
failing grades and they’ll  give you as many times as
you want to  get the right answer. This doesn’t bear the
slightest resemblance to ANYTHING in real life.

RULE 9
Life  is not divided into semesters. You don’t get
summers off and very few employers are interested in
helping you find yourself. Do that on your own  time.

RULE 10
Television is NOT real life. In real life people
actually have to leave the coffee shop and go to  jobs.

RULE 11
Be  nice to nerds. Chances are you’ll end up working for
one.

9 hours ago, jwlk said:

max and drouin are scoring, this is news to me

interesting tidbit from TSN690 McKenzie interview... Galchenyuk has only scored twice in his last 23 games... Pacioretty has only scored twice in his last 22 games... who got preferential ice-time though?

Ravadak, I think you're missing the point. Life is unfair sometimes, absolutely. That doesn't mean you yourself should treat people unfairly. There's no reason for MB/MT/CJ to have continually made things more difficult for players like Subban and Eller and Galchenyuk. Sure, the best things for AG to do would be to just fight through it, but as a 3rd party watching this, it doesn't mean I have to sit back and accept the treatment nor does it mean I should judge Galchenyuk the same way I judge Pacioretty or Drouin, when those players aren't given the same obstacles.

Imagine two factory workers, where one loses his hand because of an accident caused by improper safety conditions. He comes back to work and then his bosses evaluate him against his peers based on how fast he can package items off a conveyor belt... sure, you can say life isn't fair and that person should just suck it up and do his job. But to ask him to perform to the same expectations as the others isn't really a fair comparison. MB and the coaches have handicapped Galchenyuk's ability to play his game, so for media members and coaches to say he isn't up to par, well you need to adjust your expectations according to the situation you've put him in. Minutes played with Danault and Shaw and Ott and Mitchell are frankly not the same as minutes played with Pacioretty and Drouin and Radulov. When given the chance to play the top line, Galchenyuk has produced in the past. When played on the 3rd/4th lines, he has not. Is that because of the player or is that because of the situation he's in?

1 hour ago, BigTed3 said:

vadak, I think you're missing the point. Life is unfair sometimes, absolutely. That doesn't mean you yourself should treat people unfairly. There's no reason for MB/MT/CJ to have continually made things more difficult for players like Subban and Eller and Galchenyuk. Sure, the best things for AG to do would be to just fight through it, but as a 3rd party watching this, it doesn't mean I have to sit back and accept the treatment nor does it mean I should judge Galchenyuk the same way I judge Pacioretty or Drouin, when those players aren't given the same obstacles.

Imagine two factory workers, where one loses his hand because of an accident caused by improper safety conditions. He comes back to work and then his bosses evaluate him against his peers based on how fast he can package items off a conveyor belt... sure, you can say life isn't fair and that person should just suck it up and do his job. But to ask him to perform to the same expectations as the others isn't really a fair comparison. MB and the coaches have handicapped Galchenyuk's ability to play his game, so for media members and coaches to say he isn't up to par, well you need to adjust your expectations according to the situation you've put him in. Minutes played with Danault and Shaw and Ott and Mitchell are frankly not the same as minutes played with Pacioretty and Drouin and Radulov. When given the chance to play the top line, Galchenyuk has produced in the past. When played on the 3rd/4th lines, he has not. Is that because of the player or is that because of the situation he's in?

I don't think if Galchenyk lost his arm they would expect him to be as good as he was before. :) :)The comparison is comical. That's grasping at straws.   

But that may be your problem, you are not judging Galchenyk as fairly as the others.:)  You constantly see what he is good at but put blinders on for the rest of his game. When Players like patches, Danaualt,  Pleks etc are not scoring they still have value in all 3 zones. Pleks is and probably one of the most underrated defensive zone players in the league. Danualt seems to be getting better and better in all zones.   Galcheynk provides ziltch, zero nada when playing outside the offensive zone. So when he is not scoring, he has nothing to offer! 

Thay have tried with him.

Since the beginning of last season. 

1. They gave him fourth most minutes of any forward, quality offensive minutes see 2

2. His Ozone starts are higher then almost any player in the NHL

3. They try to get him out against weaker competition = There are 6 forwards who play against better competition. according to Corsica on the habs

4. CF/60 He ranks 8th among forwards (habs) since beginning of last season, CA/60 he ranks 1st 58.98 closest other player is at 53.74... What? Even though he spends most of the time starting in the offensive zone. I can understand why this would be a nightmare situation for  coach

5. He played with Radulov /Patches 135 minutes last season his CF% was 49.63%, the only other line worse with more than 100 minutes was danualt, Mitchel and flynn

6. He played with Rads and Byron also, they were on fire for awhile but still ended up being only the 4th best line comdo over 100 minutes last season CF%. 

7. Third in PP icetime % since beginning of last season, QoT during the power play was at 52%, the other closet was around 49%, they are not trying set him up to fail. TOI% 5th among all forwards, TOI% QoT, 4th among all forwards. 

7. These are not 4th line minutes with 4th line players.  I get his skill set. Second to none on this team, but it appears he is actually a detriment to his linemates when out there. At least sine the start of last season.

I have trouble thinking paying people millions of dollars to do what they love and in most cases have done since a very young age is unfair. I would suggest having to play less and getting paid more for most would seem like a win. On the other hand getting out from under the microscope that is Montreal is probably the only solution for young players who struggle. Bergevin and Julien are from a different era and I am sure the players who get the opportunity to move up in the line-up and play more for less money aren't complaining like they would if they weren't in this industry. Gally is signed for 3 years, but if they can't figure things out this year I do not see him back next year. He can complain but if he doesn't meet expectations it just creates more stories for the press. This was my problem with Julien getting the job instead of Muller. The league has changed (it should be much easier for Galchenyuk to use his speed and size) and Julien is a bit of a dinosaur like Therrien. The irony for me is all 3 of  these guys are not likely to be here by the time their contracts are up if this continues. 

The translation of him Galchenyuk being a detriment to line-mates playing to me means he is not the system Julien wants to play. Pretty simple, play the system cause  I don't think the coach Julien at his age is going to change.

4 hours ago, BigTed3 said:

Ravadak, I think you're missing the point. Life is unfair sometimes, absolutely. That doesn't mean you yourself should treat people unfairly. There's no reason for MB/MT/CJ to have continually made things more difficult for players like Subban and Eller and Galchenyuk. Sure, the best things for AG to do would be to just fight through it, but as a 3rd party watching this, it doesn't mean I have to sit back and accept the treatment nor does it mean I should judge Galchenyuk the same way I judge Pacioretty or Drouin, when those players aren't given the same obstacles.

This.  Life may not be fair & Bill Gates' notes work in some instances but we're not talking about a jerk boss. We're talking about a boss who gives you all the crap assignments with the worst coworkers while others doing the same job as you, for the same company, with the same boss, for seemingly no reason, get treated much less harshly.   

I havent heard Galchenyuk whine once. He's been the model "employee" but we, the people watching and paying the bills are the ones complaining.  

I have never once said that Galchenyuk is a good defensive player. He definitely has a lot to work on in that regard. But he's far from being the only player who's been bad in that regard and others like Martinsen, Desharnais, Weise, and so on have not experienced the same treatment from the coaching staff. So let's all agree that AG is a weak defensive player. So what? Players who have been allowed to play ahead of him are terrible at offence. De La Rose. Moen. Flynn. Dwight King. Martinsen. Last year's Plekanec. Some of those guys are decent defensive players, but how come no one is ragging on them for how bad they are at offence the way people rag on Galchenyuk for his defence? Not every player has to be good at everything, but if you're an elite offensive player and not so good at defence, what good is it to have the guy in the bottom 6? That's just a recipe for a player to fail. Now look at Dwight King, who was allowed to stay in the line-up and spent a lot of time ahead of AG at the end of last year. The guy couldn't score for the life of him AND his Corsi was essentially the same as Galchenyuk's. He was bad at defence and bad at offence and the coaches didn't care, they just kept playing him. It's a bizarre decision to just ignore King's short-comings and to pretend that your defence-only players are without issues. Plekanec is not a top 6 player any more. Danault, as pleasant a surprise as he was, is not a top line center, the way he was used last year. But here's the kicker: the team as a whole can't score. They haven't been able to score consistently for years. And despite that, we ignore one of our true scoring threats and play a bunch of guys who can play defence but can't fix our biggest problem. We have Carey. He can stop pucks. This team needs to stop signing shot blockers and checkers and grinders and let Carey do his job. What Carey can't do is score goals.

Let's look at some of the players who had Corsi's worse than Galchenyuk's last year... Phil Kessel. Brock Nelson, whom some people suggested we trade Galchenyuk for. Nick Bonino. Rick Nash. Patrick Laine. Jack Eichel. Evander Kane. Turris. Duchene. Logan Couture. Parise. RNH. Ryan O'Reilly. Granlund. Boone Jenner. Zibanejad... just to name a few. I don't see any of those players being criticized as harshly because they're giving up more shot attempts than they're creating. Galchenyuk is really not as bad as people make him out to be, it's a narrative that's been exaggerated. Let an offensive player play an offensive role and appreciate what he does bring instead of constantly criticizing him for what he's not as good at.