The Official Site of the Montréal Canadiens
Canadiens de Montreal

#27 Alex Galchenyuk 2017-18

habs_93

22 minutes ago, ramcharger440 said:

so it is ok for him to float?

Minus the penalties hes played well the last couple of games, it may take him some time to get used to his line mates but seems he never gets that opertunity, they float him around in the lines more than floats around the ice

5 minutes ago, habs1952 said:

In his mind, if he wants out, yes. Some young players making a ton of money think they're above the team and they've got it made. I think you can call it selfishness.

i don't see it, i see his lack of defensive skill, and he does got lost defensively, but offensively hes getting his shots like the rest of the team, maybe not as many, but no ones really scoring, there are worse players on this team, i don't see the selfishness, i just see a player insulted brought down at every opportunity, other players not producing and playing well below par, max included are not treated in this fashion, i do agree he needs to pick up his game but it also seems players are not buying into the system there being forced to play.

1 hour ago, ramcharger440 said:

A lot of guys are floating . I guess there's only room for three guys on the 4 th line .

If they really want to get rid of him , wouldn't it be better to give him some prime ice team to increase his value .

From Go Habs Go site, FWIW:

"With no games since Friday, nothing has really improved surrounding the Canadiens, especially when it comes to Alex Galchenyuk who has become the scapegoat of the team.

Yesterday, Mario Tremblay was the guest on the Mario Langlois show on 98.5FM, and he went for a statement that could have serious consequences for Chucky!

Tremblay claimed that Chucky had spent part of his summer in rehab, and that he might have even been in two different places, both of which were set up by the National Hockey League.

According to DLC, who reported the news this morning, a rehab stay would make sense since it matches up with some information he had previously received.

However, it would be weird for him to have made two different stays during the summer because after the first one, the second is usually made public (see Zack Kassian).

It seems that Galchenyuk is completely sober after his time in rehab, which goes hand in hand with the information that DLC had received recently, having heard very good things about Galchenyuk.

The Canadiens organization will probably be furious with Mario Tremblay, since he has disclosed information that should remain strictly confidential.

It goes without saying that this type of information that damages the reputation of a player and at the same time could scare off other teams from acquiring his services."

Bold is mine.

Not sure who "DLC" is

40 minutes ago, kinot-2 said:

From Go Habs Go site, FWIW:

"With no games since Friday, nothing has really improved surrounding the Canadiens, especially when it comes to Alex Galchenyuk who has become the scapegoat of the team.

Yesterday, Mario Tremblay was the guest on the Mario Langlois show on 98.5FM, and he went for a statement that could have serious consequences for Chucky!

Tremblay claimed that Chucky had spent part of his summer in rehab, and that he might have even been in two different places, both of which were set up by the National Hockey League.

According to DLC, who reported the news this morning, a rehab stay would make sense since it matches up with some information he had previously received.

However, it would be weird for him to have made two different stays during the summer because after the first one, the second is usually made public (see Zack Kassian).

It seems that Galchenyuk is completely sober after his time in rehab, which goes hand in hand with the information that DLC had received recently, having heard very good things about Galchenyuk.

The Canadiens organization will probably be furious with Mario Tremblay, since he has disclosed information that should remain strictly confidential.

It goes without saying that this type of information that damages the reputation of a player and at the same time could scare off other teams from acquiring his services."

Bold is mine.

Not sure who "DLC" is

don't know seems if it were true there would be more than that, and if it is true good on him for getting the help

^^ DLC is a website called Dans Les Coulisses...

On Tremblay, he is what he is, and I won't say much more than that here. But keep in mind, Tremblay himself got in legal trouble for drunk driving a couple of years ago. He's a stubborn, vindictive man who managed to run Patrick Roy out of town, and he clearly doesn't care who he hurts to advance himself.

On Galchenyuk, this does go hand in hand with the reports I posted about a few weeks ago with AG potentially having a cocaine problem. Cocaine is not considered a performance-enhancing drug in the NHL, so it's not technically grounds for suspension, but league policy is that a player is encouraged to seek help and that after multiple problems, the league can make the problem public. So the thought from DLC was that AG has only been in rehab once, which is consistent with info their own insider gave them before the Tremblay revelation and consistent with reports from someone present in AG's apartment at the time of his girlfriend's run-in with police. Nothing is confirmed, but there's definitely a lot of smoke here suggestive of an off-ice problem and perhaps something that actually legitimately makes the Habs' treatment of Galchenyuk defensible. But who knows...

17 hours ago, ramcharger440 said:

No, of course not.  But if you're expecting Gretzky-like play from a guy who's shuffled from line to line, constantly played at wing when he's a natural center, given different linemates on an hourly basis, and hearing the sounds of the taxicab in the alley getting closer all the time, that ain't gonna happen, either.  

My point was with good coaching, Galchenyuk would find his place and be a much better two-way player.  

even if there are drug issues, why do off ice problems seem to happen more with Habs players, or at least turn into a distraction more often with Habs?  I think Habs fail in every aspect of player development, and they need to shoulder some of the blame for these types of problems.  Where is the nurturing?  These guys are basically kids when they arrive

sad if he was pouting before and just floating around like he doesn't want to be there, imagine now, knowing pitts wanted him and he could have been traded there to be there 3rd line center, but no we are keeping him for our 4th line, poor guy and what a joke this management has become

4 hours ago, BigTed3 said:

^^ DLC is a website called Dans Les Coulisses...

On Tremblay, he is what he is, and I won't say much more than that here. But keep in mind, Tremblay himself got in legal trouble for drunk driving a couple of years ago. He's a stubborn, vindictive man who managed to run Patrick Roy out of town, and he clearly doesn't care who he hurts to advance himself.

On Galchenyuk, this does go hand in hand with the reports I posted about a few weeks ago with AG potentially having a cocaine problem. Cocaine is not considered a performance-enhancing drug in the NHL, so it's not technically grounds for suspension, but league policy is that a player is encouraged to seek help and that after multiple problems, the league can make the problem public. So the thought from DLC was that AG has only been in rehab once, which is consistent with info their own insider gave them before the Tremblay revelation and consistent with reports from someone present in AG's apartment at the time of his girlfriend's run-in with police. Nothing is confirmed, but there's definitely a lot of smoke here suggestive of an off-ice problem and perhaps something that actually legitimately makes the Habs' treatment of Galchenyuk defensible. But who knows...

Tremblay makes me sick.   As you pointed out, completely hypocritical, spiteful and vindictive.    To do this to a team (after all, if we're trying to trade chucky, letting all this out there makes him far less desirable then he is hurting the value the team will get in return) that has been so good to him is outrageous.

I guess Mario forgets that back when he was playing players routinely snuck flasks behind the bench during games. 

3 hours ago, kalevine said:

even if there are drug issues, why do off ice problems seem to happen more with Habs players, or at least turn into a distraction more often with Habs?  

They happen everywhere.  Most teams have 1 writer covering the team and s/he usually covers multiple sports so you just dont hear about it & if the media doesnt report it, it rarely becomes an issue. 

3 hours ago, kalevine said:

even if there are drug issues, why do off ice problems seem to happen more with Habs players, or at least turn into a distraction more often with Habs?  I think Habs fail in every aspect of player development, and they need to shoulder some of the blame for these types of problems.  Where is the nurturing?  These guys are basically kids when they arrive

Yes kids that have been stars in whatever leagues they've played in. Then they are given contracts to become instant millionaires. Guess what 18 year olds also go into the armed forces and become special forces Fireman Law enforcement EMT's, Men! Why is it in any other profession that at 18 they are into the work force not being praised wishing they were able to play a sport for a living and they are expected to work possibly support a family start a career. I do agree a place like Montreal does have immense pressure for a hockey player especially if they're a projected star. I understand why Mathews went back to Arizona over the summer he could do anything and not be recognized or bothered. That said I don't have any sympathy that a "kid" gets a shot at a professional sport making huge money (which if smart could set them up life) and they should be coddled? I would say I have a safe bet that almost everyone on this forum would of liked that same opportunity.  

7 hours ago, vegasrick said:

No, of course not.  But if you're expecting Gretzky-like play from a guy who's shuffled from line to line, constantly played at wing when he's a natural center, given different linemates on an hourly basis, and hearing the sounds of the taxicab in the alley getting closer all the time, that ain't gonna happen, either.  

My point was with good coaching, Galchenyuk would find his place and be a much better two-way player.  

ROTFLMAO!!!!!

I never heard or read any of these rumours about AG . I saw his instagram pics during the summer and it appeared as if he was in training although he did shave his head. The last guy who shaved his head after being accused of  substance abuse was the late Toronto Mayor rob Ford.

52 minutes ago, Regis22 said:

I never heard or read any of these rumours about AG . I saw his instagram pics during the summer and it appeared as if he was in training although he did shave his head. The last guy who shaved his head after being accused of  substance abuse was the late Toronto Mayor rob Ford.

Don't know that that has anything to do with anything, and Rob Ford was getting chemo for cancer, so did he shave his head or just lose his hair? Gallagher also recently shaved his head. Again, I don't really care what people do with their hair. AG needs to score goals and he's no worse than anyone else in that capacity thus far this year.

Ford shaved his head when he was accused , cancer was later on.

They can do a  hair follicle drug test that shows evidence of drug use .

I dunno AG can do what he wants , but he seems to be the new whipping boy

32 minutes ago, jennifer_rocket said:

The only forwards with less ice time last night were Scherbak and McCarron... So... 

that's the point, they complain about him not being involved in the game, and when he is he gets 12 min in the game that's pretty bad, i know everyone wants him to earn everything, but when he does it really doesn't help him, he may get lucky and earn half a game up on another line, but that,s a may get, id play him over shaw, hudon and byron any day, to think shaw had 5 extra min, but its a good thing they got max out there for almost 20 min to help him get over his scoring slump

23 minutes ago, ramcharger440 said:

he is not playing too badly at the moment but he really was lost in the first 4-5 games then you could see a gradual return to form for me it started with his skating you could see much more conviction and he was making better passes and plays.

And the parts where he looked the best were when he was on with Gallagher, not on the 4th line. IMO he hasn't looked as bad as Pacioretty, and the latter hasn't faced any type of demotion.