Jump to content
The Official Site of the Montréal Canadiens
Canadiens de Montreal

2017-18 The Rumors Thread


BigTed3
 Share

Recommended Posts

Elliotte Friedmann confirming that Florida has interest in Pacioretty and adding that MP has a home there and some family with homes there, so that it could be a good fit for him to re-sign long-term... he throws out a possible fit could be a Pacioretty for Bjustad trade, with the hold-up being that the Panthers have been moving Bjustad back and forth between center and wing and that this concerns the Habs, who absolutely feel they need to get a top 2 center back for Pacioretty. So after the failed AG and JD experiments at center, the tea cannot afford to get a player who can't play down the middle. Henrik Borgstrom remains another possible target from Florida...

Link to comment
Share on other sites

18 minutes ago, Noob616 said:

Pacioretty for Bjugstad would be a disaster. I have a hard time seeing a fit between the Habs and Panthers, Trocheck is maybe the only semi-realistic fit but I can't see Florida moving him.

There are some interesting pieces there but I think it would take several top end prospects like Borgstrom +  Schemitsch + +  but i think we want at least one established player in the return. 

Id happily do Pacioretty 1 for 1 for Barkov or Trocheck 
:rolleyes:

Link to comment
Share on other sites

19 hours ago, maas_art said:

There are some interesting pieces there but I think it would take several top end prospects like Borgstrom +  Schemitsch + +  but i think we want at least one established player in the return. 

Id happily do Pacioretty 1 for 1 for Barkov or Trocheck 
:rolleyes:

Man, I love Barkov. Maybe we could hypnotize Tallon and make it happen...

Link to comment
Share on other sites

36 minutes ago, jeff33 said:

https://www.hockeyfeed.com/nhl-news/breaking-team-captain-reportedly-wants-out-cup-contender-willing-to-part-with-young-and-talented-players

so according to this, max officially wants out, and LA is the front runner.  if we could get vilardi out of them we will all have a merry christmas

I'd be asking for a 1st, Vilardi, and Clague.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

12 minutes ago, habs_93 said:

Good news, everyone: https://www.habseyesontheprize.com/latest-news/2018/2/24/17049450/report-marc-bergevin-owner-geoff-molson-montreal-canadiens-nhl-trade-deadline-rumors-habs

"According to a reliable source, Geoff Molson has total confidence in his GM Marc Bergevin to put the team back on track."

Normally i  would call that "vote of confidence", the death blow. I don't think that applies with Molson.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

49 minutes ago, H_T_L said:

Normally i  would call that "vote of confidence", the death blow. I don't think that applies with Molson.

Especially if it was MB, himself (as team president/owner), who said it!

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, habs_93 said:

Good news, everyone: https://www.habseyesontheprize.com/latest-news/2018/2/24/17049450/report-marc-bergevin-owner-geoff-molson-montreal-canadiens-nhl-trade-deadline-rumors-habs

"According to a reliable source, Geoff Molson has total confidence in his GM Marc Bergevin to put the team back on track."

and MB has total confidence in this roster! 

its so depressing watching the rangers, WHO ARE BETTER THAN US , publicly acknowledge they need to turn the roster over to go for a championship with new guys, and now they are out loading up on returns for their older guys

us, everything is fine, if only this that and the other happened we'd be ok, we have confidence in our GM, that water your feeling on your back is really rain.

I barely watched this team this year, if they seriously dont do this right by next october i dont think im renewing my center ice. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

6 minutes ago, jeff33 said:

and MB has total confidence in this roster! 

its so depressing watching the rangers, WHO ARE BETTER THAN US , publicly acknowledge they need to turn the roster over to go for a championship with new guys, and now they are out loading up on returns for their older guys

us, everything is fine, if only this that and the other happened we'd be ok, we have confidence in our GM, that water your feeling on your back is really rain.

I barely watched this team this year, if they seriously dont do this right by next october i dont think im renewing my center ice. 

This.

Another disastrous season awaits us thanks to our clueless Owner and his incompetent GM.

Hasn`t this team suffered enough disgrace. Apparently not.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Unfortunately I don't think Vilardi is available 

Boston: first-round pick in 2018, a seventh-rounder in 2019, prospect Ryan Lindgren, and forwards Ryan Spooner and Matt Beleskey to New York for Nash

That has to be the absolute floor for what Pacioretty is worth. I'd already be interested though I think he's worth much more and I wouldn't want Beleskey. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 minute ago, Habs=stanleycup said:

This.

Another disastrous season awaits us thanks to our clueless Owner and his incompetent GM.

Hasn`t this team suffered enough disgrace. Apparently not.

The sad thing is, I don't care as much. I've gotten used to not watching hockey. So if it takes longer, it takes longer. The only sad thing is we really have some nice pieces that we can get a good amount for and we're losing that window of return. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

50 minutes ago, habsisme said:

Unfortunately I don't think Vilardi is available 

Boston: first-round pick in 2018, a seventh-rounder in 2019, prospect Ryan Lindgren, and forwards Ryan Spooner and Matt Beleskey to New York for Nash

That has to be the absolute floor for what Pacioretty is worth. I'd already be interested though I think he's worth much more and I wouldn't want Beleskey. 

No one wants Beleskey, but the Rangers are paying only half his salary and they can bury 60% of that in the AHL if they choose, so it's only costing them 875k or so per year. Not a huge deal considering how much salary they're dumping. So basically a 1st, good prospect, and decent middle 6 NHL player for Nash, who is himself older and an upcoming UFA. Pacoretty is younger, a better player, and has another year at a reasonable salary. He's got to be worth way more than Nash.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

11 minutes ago, BigTed3 said:

No one wants Beleskey, but the Rangers are paying only half his salary and they can bury 60% of that in the AHL if they choose, so it's only costing them 875k or so per year. Not a huge deal considering how much salary they're dumping. So basically a 1st, good prospect, and decent middle 6 NHL player for Nash, who is himself older and an upcoming UFA. Pacoretty is younger, a better player, and has another year at a reasonable salary. He's got to be worth way more than Nash.

Pacioretty may be younger but he's not better than Nash.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

3 minutes ago, habs1952 said:

Pacioretty may be younger but he's not better than Nash.

in terms of point production, Pacioretty is clearly better. Also better contract, one more on an amazing deal. I honestly think that there are a bunch of teams that want him, there has to be. He is the best player available. Only issue is he didn't have the best season THIS YEAR (still better than Nash) and he's a winger (so is Nash) and I think smart GMs value Centers and Dmen much more than wingers. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • H_T_L locked this topic
Guest
This topic is now closed to further replies.
 Share

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    • No registered users viewing this page.
×
×
  • Create New...