Jump to content
The Official Site of the Montréal Canadiens
Canadiens de Montreal

2017-18 If I Were GM


BigTed3
 Share

Recommended Posts

12 hours ago, Habs=stanleycup said:

Pacioretty for Evander Kane and a 1st or 2nd, I'd take that in a heartbeat!

Kane plays with attitude and gets in the dirty areas.

from what i hear kane is not the player we would want here, i remember when he left winnipeg, guys an a-- hole, with his assault allegation and his attitude, i think we would be better off far from him.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

49 minutes ago, jwlk said:

from what i hear kane is not the player we would want here, i remember when he left winnipeg, guys an a-- hole, with his assault allegation and his attitude, i think we would be better off far from him.

I'd take Kane here in general. I wouldn't take him this season when he's a pending UFA. And I wouldn't trade Pacioretty for him. But I would consider signing him in the off-season to something like 4 years at 5.5M. Maybe that's not a realistic consideration and Kane wants more money or term, but that's what I would dish out for a guy who had a good year but as you said, comes with a lot of question marks.

In terms of UFA's, I think there are probably other priorities... Tavares is obviously 1A if he hits the market, but John Carlson is also a pretty top-notch defenceman. If a team gets lucky, they could completely re-tool the top end of their line-up in one off-season.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

On ‎1‎/‎8‎/‎2018 at 3:51 PM, Noob616 said:

Yeah I kinda agree, ideally you're not keeping Danault, Eller, and aging Plekanec around but now in the span of a couple years Danault is kinda going to have to replace both Plekanec and Eller. Right now we have two actual proven NHL centers, Danault and Plekanec. Next year Plekanec will be gone, and if Danault fills his slot as a tough minutes 3C then we don't have a 2C and a 1C. The problem at C goes beyond just needing a 1C, we kinda have a 2C in Danault but I'm not super thrilled about him in the top 6 indefinitely, and Plekanec will leave a huge hole as a tough minutes 3C. Just having any genuine top 9 NHL centers like Eller would be better than continually having to do hail mary passes like trying to put Drouin in that role. 

An Eller in the hand is worth two Poehling's in the bush. If we still had Eller we could run 67-24-92 / 27-14-11 / 54-81-62 / 41-XX-XX and to me that's way better than what we have now. 

 

I really think Poehling is going to make everybody go who was Eller?

Link to comment
Share on other sites

7 hours ago, jwlk said:

from what i hear kane is not the player we would want here, i remember when he left winnipeg, guys an a-- hole, with his assault allegation and his attitude, i think we would be better off far from him.

Everyone's got dirt on 'em as players. However if you can play in the dirty areas and you have skill, that's what we need right now IMO. (Look at Radulov)

Politically though, I agree, the Habs management would never consider him because they try to micro-manage every player as it is, thereby destroying their careers. The most lucky escapee from this type of mismanagement was Subban.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

49 minutes ago, CaptWelly said:

I really think Poehling is going to make everybody go who was Eller?

That'd be great, I'm not a prospect guy so I don't know much about him but from what I've read he seems to be progressing well and tracks as a solid 3C and possibly 2C.

I'd still rather have Danault, Poehling, and Eller. And I'd rather have Eller this season and last season than Shaw on a team with such horrid center depth. If Poehling is better than Eller in the near future that would be a really good problem to have, and you could run Danault, Poehling, Eller down the middle with Drouin on the wing.

 

My frustration about Eller being traded has nothing to do with my opinion about Poehling or my opinion about Shaw as a player. I just think it was a really bad decision to move a guy we know is a solid tough minutes 3C for a winger. The Habs went into the season after trading for Weber and trying to contend with Desharnais, Plekanec, and a then-unknown Danault up the middle. It's incredibly fortunate that Danault panned out, it'd be pretty dire without him. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

I think Poehling was projected as a 2C-3C but from what I understand from scouts who are following him, he's been given much more opportunity this year not being a Freshman, and his offensive game has improved. He also earned a top 6 center role on Team USA's junior squad. So it seems like there's more of a projection for him to be a 2-way 2C right now. Still way too early to know how his university game translates, but it'd be even better if Poehling can become a Tomas Plekanec type player. I think Danault is a perfect 3C. So if we can go after a Tavares in free agency or more realistically trade Pacioretty or Weber or Galchenyuk for a true 1C, then we theoretically could resolve our center woes, albeit likely not for another 2-3 years. There's also hope that Ikonen might be a diamond in the rough and move up the ranks too. Would be nice if he and Lehkonen develop some chemistry if they get the chance to play international hockey together.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Barzal with 5 points today. Beauvillier with two more goals. Both guys I had really hoped we aimed for in the off-season. Barzal is already a pipe dream at this point and Beauvllier will be soon too. We talked about Draisaitl as a target two years ago, another guy who's value has shot up high now.

That's why it's the right time to be targeting players like Dubois, Vilardi, Steel, Thomas, Vilimaki, Kyrou, etc. before they become too good to trade for.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

I think if Bergevin is outside the top 5, he grabs Veleno at the draft.  That's where he begins rebuilding down the middle.  Maybe you also take looks at Ikonen and Poehling,in camp next year.  Defense Sorely needs to be addressed, so if you win the lotto, you go Dahlin.  You could flip assets at the draft to still land Veleno, if your pick ends up being #1 and you land Dahlin.  Veleno looks like he has a high ceiling of Patrice Bergeron 2.0 potential.  He's the 200 foot, 2-way #1 one, Francophone hope of the future.  

 

 

 

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

On ‎12‎/‎01‎/‎2018 at 7:29 PM, CaptWelly said:

I really think Poehling is going to make everybody go who was Eller?

By the time Poehling makes the NHL, if he makes it , we'll be forgetting about 1/2 the current lineup

Link to comment
Share on other sites

On ‎2018‎-‎01‎-‎11 at 11:35 PM, BigTed3 said:

As I said, those were my asks as starting points. You don't go in and ask for one prospect. Bu that said, I think you're underrating Pacioretty. He's having an off-year but he has value as a scorer and a lot of people in the league covet players like him. It's simply not easy to find 30+ goal scorers, and he's done that repeatedly. Look at the Duchene trade. Lots of people thought Colorado wouldn't get what they wanted for him and they ended up getting a haul of picks and prospects. Pacioretty's a bit older than Duchene and he's a winger, but he's got a better offensive track record and he's on a cheaper deal for the same amount of leftover contract. Insiders like Dreger and Friedmann and McKenzie all seem to think Pacioretty will have high value in a trade. So I don't think it's unrealistic to go after 2-3 high-end pieces with more potential but less proven value.

As for RNH, he's the opposite of Pacioretty. He's having a good year, but he's actually been a bit disappointing up until this season. He's only hit 20 goals once in his career, and for what it's worth, Pacioretty has more assists than RNH the past 2 years, 3 years, 4 years, or 5 years. I don't know that you can just state that RNH has more vision or is a better playmaker, because while he might be, it hasn't yet translated into consistent results. From our end, RNH has value to us as a center because of our complete lack of players there, but I really don't think he has as much trade value as Pacioretty, who again has the better proven track record and is on the shorter, cheaper contract. Pacioretty's been consistent his entire career year in year out, whereas RNH has been up and down, and even in an off year for Pacioretty, his numbers are not that far off from RNH in what's considered a great year for him. IMO, Pacioretty for RNH and Nurse is a fair ask. We need players at those tow positions, but Edmonton is stocked at center and badly needs scoring wingers. So it could be a fit for both sides.

RNH is only 24 years old...turning 25. Patches in 29 years old...turning 30. That alone is huge in todays game.

Centerman alone are far more valuable then any wingers and goalies. And don't compare Dominic Moore and Ovehckin :)

RNH has been on a team at the bottom of the league since he arrived. Patches was around 23 or so before he really came into his own. I think RNH has far more upside at this stage in their carreers

Darnell Nurse is only 22 years old and has more points than any defenceman on our team. 

I would try for a much lager trade. I would ask for RNH, Darnell Nurse and Jesse Pulj for Patches, Gallager and Jullsen.

The fact all 3 are under 25, we add a really good centerman, we add a player capable of playing with Weber, and possibly a player who can one day score 40 goals in a season. 

The Oilers get a couple of forwards who can help that team win now. We get a new young  core to start retooling with. 

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

18 minutes ago, Ravadak said:

RNH is only 24 years old...turning 25. Patches in 29 years old...turning 30. That alone is huge in todays game.

Centerman alone are far more valuable then any wingers and goalies. And don't compare Dominic Moore and Ovehckin :)

RNH has been on a team at the bottom of the league since he arrived. Patches was around 23 or so before he really came into his own. I think RNH has far more upside at this stage in their carreers

Darnell Nurse is only 22 years old and has more points than any defenceman on our team. 

I would try for a much lager trade. I would ask for RNH, Darnell Nurse and Jesse Pulj for Patches, Gallager and Jullsen.

The fact all 3 are under 25, we add a really good centerman, we add a player capable of playing with Weber, and possibly a player who can one day score 40 goals in a season. 

The Oilers get a couple of forwards who can help that team win now. We get a new young  core to start retooling with. 

 

I fully agree with you on RNH having added value for the fact he's a center and because he's younger. But on the other hand, Pacioretty has enormous value as a repeated 30+-goal scorer, and it's not like this was 3-5 years ago. He's been a 30-goal scorer in every single one of the last 5 full seasons. There were only 26 guys who hit 30 last year and only 7 who outscored Pacioretty. There were 28 who hit 30 the year before, including Pacioretty and Galchenyuk. Going back, there were only 15 in 2014-15. How many guys have hit 30 in each of the past 3 seasons? Two. Just two. Pacioretty and Ovechkin. So he's been remarkably consistent over his career.

Sure, he's struggled to start this season, but in a down year, he's on track to score 21. That's him struggling. RNH meanwhile is having a "great year" and he's on track for 28.5. His best seasons statistically were 4-5 years ago, so it's not like he's continually improving and about to hit peak. RNH is having a very good season, but he's still not having a season as good as any of Pacioretty's last 5. So personally, even though RNH is younger and a center, I still believe Pacioretty has more value on the trade market.

We also need to remember that teams reaching out for Pacioretty are already for the most part playoff teams with good centers. They're not looking for a #1 forward, they're looking for a guy who can slot into the top 6 and score goals immediately to help with a Cup run or two. Everyone looks to what Pittsburgh did with Kessel, taking a guy who was a great scorer but needed to get out of the spotlight of being the focal point of his old team. Kessel fit in perfectly with the Pens and probably outplayed Crosby and Malkin in more playoff games than not. So if the Isles want someone to stick next to Tavares or Barzal. Or Calgary wants a player to go with Monahan and Gaudreau and Tkachuk. Or Edmonton wants a guy to play with McDavid or Draisaitl. Or Anaheim wants someone to help Getzlaf and Perry. Well then Pacioretty could be a perfect fit. And if a team thinks that Pacioretty can be a relatively cheap addition (and 4.5M pro-rated to the trade deadline will be dirt cheap) that can put them over the top for a Cup run, that team will overpay in picks and prospects to make it happen. In Edmonton's case, they may not be headed for a Cup this year, but they've got to feel they have a lot of depth at center and not enough depth on the wing. They've got even younger guys than RNH who are being paid more money to be better, and frankly it makes sense for them to deal RNH to get help on the wing (unless they want to deal Draisaitl instead, a player I'd also take off their hands!). I think Chiarelli would feel he won the trade if he acquired Pacioretty straight up for RNH, so I think we can get more.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

On ‎2018‎-‎01‎-‎15 at 9:34 PM, BigTed3 said:

They've got even younger guys than RNH who are being paid more money to be better, and frankly it makes sense for them to deal RNH to get help on the wing (unless they want to deal Draisaitl instead, a player I'd also take off their hands!). I think Chiarelli would feel he won the trade if he acquired Pacioretty straight up for RNH, so I think we can get more.

I know what your getting at. But I think your missing a much larger picture here 

I am not so sure Chiarelli will feel that way, especially  at the end of next season, when he has a 31 year old winger, who will likely want 7 or 8 million on a long term deal. 

Why we have a very good number two center, still young enough to be a number locked up at a very reasonable 6 million per year until 2021

 

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

3 minutes ago, Ravadak said:

I know what your getting at. But I think your missing a much larger picture here 

I am not so sure Chiarelli will feel that way, especially  at the end of next season, when he has a 31 year old winger, who will likely want 7 or 8 million on a long term deal. 

Why we have a very good number two center, still young enough to be a number locked up at a very reasonable 6 million per year until 2021

Yeah but who cares what Chiarelli feels 1 1/2 years from now? He's shown he makes moves for "now" and often gets left holding the bag. I think there's a very legitimate chance to move for a Pacioretty for RNH + ____  deal.   The only thing holding it back is a) if MB is actually ready to move on from the captain and b ) that Chiarelli may see his lack of a #1D man as a bigger issue than his lack of scoring on the wing.  He may well want to dangle RNH + ________  for a top pairing dman. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Further to my post in the Rumors thread, this is what I'm aiming for now that we have an idea Bergevin is on board with a re-build:

- Pacioretty and Washington's 2nd rounder to Stl for Robert Thomas, Vince Dunn, and a 1st.

- Weber to Anaheim for Sam Steel and Brandon Montour (or to Phi for Morgan Frost and Travis Sanheim as another option)

- Petry to Carolina for Haydn Fleury (or Jake Bean if they prefer)

- Plekanec somewhere for a 2nd round pick

- Benn, Alzner, Morrow, and Schlemko anywhere that will take them

 

it means that down the line, we could be looking at something like this for a line-up:

 

Drouin-Thomas-Scherbak (or slot Steel in for either Thomas or Scherbak depending on who pans out better)

Hudon-Galchenyuk-Gallagher

Lehkonen-Danault-Shaw

Byron-McCarron-Carr

 

Mete-Montour

Fleury-Juulsen

Dunn-Jerabek

Lernout

 

and then with Poehling, Brooks, Ikonen, etc. possibly slotting in if they show promise down the line... there will be growing pains on defence, but at least these guys can move the puck and create offence, which is what you need in today's NHL.

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

^^^ love your thinking although I actually think you could make a Weber for Draitsatl deal with Chiarelli.  I know it seems crazy but Edmonton has nearly $30m tied up in their top 4 centres and they are badly in need of a dominant force on the back end.  You swap LD's salary for Weber, and your defense falls into line.  RNH is more than capable as a #2c behind McDavid.  
 

It also has the added value for MB that he 'saves' face because even a PK for Draitsatl deal is fair so your super-bad deal becomes a lot better with that end-result. 

 

 

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

9 minutes ago, maas_art said:

^^^ love your thinking although I actually think you could make a Weber for Draitsatl deal with Chiarelli.  I know it seems crazy but Edmonton has nearly $30m tied up in their top 4 centres and they are badly in need of a dominant force on the back end.  You swap LD's salary for Weber, and your defense falls into line.  RNH is more than capable as a #2c behind McDavid.  
 

It also has the added value for MB that he 'saves' face because even a PK for Draitsatl deal is fair so your super-bad deal becomes a lot better with that end-result. 

 

 

 

I agree that it would be good for Edmonton to move Draisaitl. And Weber could be a good target (Though i think we'd offer at least a little more and I think they may be able to trade for a better/younger d man... like ekman-larsson of the top of my head). But even then... I just don't think they have the stones to make a deal like that. Maybe RNH but not Draisaitl. For Draisaitl, I'd easily trade weber and paccioretty. I think Edmonton would be better after that trade but PR wise, they wont do it. Too much risk

Link to comment
Share on other sites

13 minutes ago, habsisme said:

I agree that it would be good for Edmonton to move Draisaitl. And Weber could be a good target (Though i think we'd offer at least a little more and I think they may be able to trade for a better/younger d man... like ekman-larsson of the top of my head). But even then... I just don't think they have the stones to make a deal like that. Maybe RNH but not Draisaitl. For Draisaitl, I'd easily trade weber and paccioretty. I think Edmonton would be better after that trade but PR wise, they wont do it. Too much risk

Oh for sure. I dont think it would be a 1 for 1. I think there would be other players/picks involved but i think those would be your primaries. 

7 minutes ago, jennifer_rocket said:

We have evidence that MB is down for a rebuild?

Elliotte Friedman, who does not publicly say anything without some pretty solid evidence, said "Bergevin is working on the rebuild. Everyone is available save for Victor Mete and Carey Price"

Link to comment
Share on other sites

4 minutes ago, maas_art said:

Oh for sure. I dont think it would be a 1 for 1. I think there would be other players/picks involved but i think those would be your primaries. 

Elliotte Friedman, who does not publicly say anything without some pretty solid evidence, said "Bergevin is working on the rebuild. Everyone is available save for Victor Mete and Carey Price"

Ah, very good. Interesting.

I am hopeful that we will see Andrew Shaw and Tomas Plekanec moved out before the deadline. I think the potential may exist to move Jordie Benn and David Schlemko as well. Karl Alzner is probably unmovable at this point.

I suspect, if a deal is made for Max, it will come during the off-season.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

28 minutes ago, maas_art said:

^^^ love your thinking although I actually think you could make a Weber for Draitsatl deal with Chiarelli.  I know it seems crazy but Edmonton has nearly $30m tied up in their top 4 centres and they are badly in need of a dominant force on the back end.  You swap LD's salary for Weber, and your defense falls into line.  RNH is more than capable as a #2c behind McDavid.  
 

It also has the added value for MB that he 'saves' face because even a PK for Draitsatl deal is fair so your super-bad deal becomes a lot better with that end-result. 

 

 

11 minutes ago, habsisme said:

I agree that it would be good for Edmonton to move Draisaitl. And Weber could be a good target (Though i think we'd offer at least a little more and I think they may be able to trade for a better/younger d man... like ekman-larsson of the top of my head). But even then... I just don't think they have the stones to make a deal like that. Maybe RNH but not Draisaitl. For Draisaitl, I'd easily trade weber and paccioretty. I think Edmonton would be better after that trade but PR wise, they wont do it. Too much risk

If I were Edmonton, obviously Weber wouldn't be my first target as a trade return for Draisailt. BUT... Edmonton (like Montreal) isn't as far away from being a Cup challenger. There's such parity in the league right now that 2-3 good moves/signings/draft picks can turn your fortunes very quickly. Look at us... if we were to win the draft lottery and get an NHL-ready D man like Dahlin, then sign Tavares, we're a completely different team. Grant it, that's not an easy feat to pull off, but it could happen. Regardless of this season's results, Edmonton is in my view a challenger for their division title next season. They need to improve their defence though and they need to move a center to do either that or upgrade their wings. So Weber could be a prime target as an AVAILABLE game changer for them. The other thing is that knowing Chiarelli, he probably loves players like Weber, so he may view him as Bergevin did and see him as being a better commodity than a puck mover. The hesitation I have with Chiarelli moving Draisaitl is that he really got burned trading Tyler Seguin as a young skilled forward, and to a slightly lesser degree, he's also been raked over for dealing Taylor Hall. So is he going to make the same mistake three times and deal a talented forward without getting a huge return? I don't know.

As for Draisaitl giving you better value on a Subban trade, I agree with that. Draisailt looks like a much better return because in that instance you can argue that you got stronger at a different position and you can argue you got younger, neither of which you can do with Weber. That said, at the time we made the Subban trade, we would have been able to ask for Draisailt and at least 1-2 other pieces. Draisaitl really saw his stock rise last year, after the Subban-Weber trade was already made. At the time of the Subban rumors, we were tossing around the idea of Subban for Draisailt AND Nurse AND RNH,or something like that. At present, I still believe PK is a better asset than Draisaitl, because Subban really dominates a game at both ends of the ice and he does it for 24 minutes a night and is just so consistent. I really have trouble thinking of a Habs player who was that good on most nights AND never really seemed to take a night off in terms of effort. Kovy and Drouin and Pacioretty and Galchenyuk have been top-end in terms of skill but they just weren't as consistent as Subban. Guys like Danault and Gallagher and Koivu gave an effort every single night, but the ability to dominate and control play just isn't what you got from PK. Draisaitl has yet to strike that consistency yet. So I think even today, if we still had Subban, we shouldn't trade him for Draisailt (we especially couldn't afford to trade him without getting another 1D back) and if you did, you would still want to ask for Draisailt plus one more piece... M2C.

 

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

4 minutes ago, jennifer_rocket said:

Ah, very good. Interesting.

I am hopeful that we will see Andrew Shaw and Tomas Plekanec moved out before the deadline. I think the potential may exist to move Jordie Benn and David Schlemko as well. Karl Alzner is probably unmovable at this point.

I suspect, if a deal is made for Max, it will come during the off-season.

If you believe the rumors

... there is a fair bit of interest in Plekanec. We see him as being a disappointment and on the decline because of the drop-off in his offensive ability. Just 2-3 years ago, he was able to create offence playing with bums, so there's been a clear drop-off in the past two seasons, but he's still viewed around the league as an elite shutdown center. Even in our recent games, he's been charged with shutting down some elite offensive players and done the job. So a team looking to acquire him isn't asking him to play offence. If you're the Pens, you're getting him to play behind Crosby and Malkin and take on the other team's top line. If you're Calgary, he's playing behind Monahan. If you're Tampa, your offence is coming from Kucherov and Stamkos and Johnson and Palat and so on and you're asking Plekanec to be tight defensively. He could be a role player on a playoff team even if he's not a true top 6 guy any more. Plus he's on an expiring contract, which is big for GM's on contending teams. Some have even suggested he'll garner a 1st round choice, which I personally don't see, but a late 2nd or 3rd (or equivalent prospect) could easily be a fair asking price. If anything, he's got to be a more attractive deadline target than Dale Weise (who got us Danault) or Viktor Stalberg (who fetched a 3rd last year) and probably even Brian Boyle (who was dealt for Froese and a 2nd).

... there is also interest in Shaw. Maybe this is a deadline deal, maybe it's an off-season one. But the Habs have reportedly been shopping him, and there are teams that have inquired about the price.

... I think there would be a deal for Benn. He's the best of the 3 D men you listed and he's put up some goals this year. Alzner is a dead loss and Schlemko is not far behind. He's cheaper than Alzner, but he's still on a 3-year deal. We paid something like a 5th rounder for him. I doubt we'll get that back...

Link to comment
Share on other sites

17 minutes ago, BigTed3 said:

 

If I were Edmonton, obviously Weber wouldn't be my first target as a trade return for Draisailt. BUT... Edmonton (like Montreal) isn't as far away from being a Cup challenger. There's such parity in the league right now that 2-3 good moves/signings/draft picks can turn your fortunes very quickly. Look at us... if we were to win the draft lottery and get an NHL-ready D man like Dahlin, then sign Tavares, we're a completely different team. Grant it, that's not an easy feat to pull off, but it could happen. Regardless of this season's results, Edmonton is in my view a challenger for their division title next season. They need to improve their defence though and they need to move a center to do either that or upgrade their wings. So Weber could be a prime target as an AVAILABLE game changer for them. The other thing is that knowing Chiarelli, he probably loves players like Weber, so he may view him as Bergevin did and see him as being a better commodity than a puck mover. The hesitation I have with Chiarelli moving Draisaitl is that he really got burned trading Tyler Seguin as a young skilled forward, and to a slightly lesser degree, he's also been raked over for dealing Taylor Hall. So is he going to make the same mistake three times and deal a talented forward without getting a huge return? I don't know.

As for Draisaitl giving you better value on a Subban trade, I agree with that. Draisailt looks like a much better return because in that instance you can argue that you got stronger at a different position and you can argue you got younger, neither of which you can do with Weber. That said, at the time we made the Subban trade, we would have been able to ask for Draisailt and at least 1-2 other pieces. Draisaitl really saw his stock rise last year, after the Subban-Weber trade was already made. At the time of the Subban rumors, we were tossing around the idea of Subban for Draisailt AND Nurse AND RNH,or something like that. At present, I still believe PK is a better asset than Draisaitl, because Subban really dominates a game at both ends of the ice and he does it for 24 minutes a night and is just so consistent. I really have trouble thinking of a Habs player who was that good on most nights AND never really seemed to take a night off in terms of effort. Kovy and Drouin and Pacioretty and Galchenyuk have been top-end in terms of skill but they just weren't as consistent as Subban. Guys like Danault and Gallagher and Koivu gave an effort every single night, but the ability to dominate and control play just isn't what you got from PK. Draisaitl has yet to strike that consistency yet. So I think even today, if we still had Subban, we shouldn't trade him for Draisailt (we especially couldn't afford to trade him without getting another 1D back) and if you did, you would still want to ask for Draisailt plus one more piece... M2C.

 

 

Totally agree with everything there.  Like you, Weber wouldnt be the guy id go after - but - Edmonton is like the perfect spot for him. They have Chiarelli who certainly seems like he'd drool at the opportunity to add Man Mountain.  They have two talented puck moving LHD who all need a guy like Weber to ground them. They have RHD who are playing above their head.  I would almost bet money that either nurse or klefbom would look amazing next to Weber.  Your defense goes from questionable to great with 1 move. 

Klefbom-Weber
Nurse - Larson
Russel-Sekara
Davidson

Is probably one of the better defensive corps in the league.   Their weak spot becomes a strength by making one move - and having everyone else shift down the depth charts after Weber.  

Link to comment
Share on other sites

43 minutes ago, rocketbelifleur said:

RNH out 5-6 weeks. Does this throw wrench in the works? Maybe we'll never know.

 

If we had a shot at Draitsatl, then yes that deal is probably off the books.  

However, if there's truth to rumours about RNH + _____ for Pacioretty then I think its still a possibility - maybe even more so.   Edmonton still believes they can make the playoffs.  A Healthy Pacioretty gives them a much better chance than an injured RNH.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • H_T_L locked this topic
Guest
This topic is now closed to further replies.
 Share

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    • No registered users viewing this page.
×
×
  • Create New...