Jump to content
The Official Site of the Montréal Canadiens
Canadiens de Montreal

2017-18 If I Were GM


BigTed3
 Share

Recommended Posts

8 minutes ago, jeff33 said:

We are all fans, and thats what we want.  I think people would be more than happy if management said we are getting serious about a cup, we are offloading all our bad contracts and starting fresh. we still have price to keep it respectable ( I would happily trade him if someone wants that contract, I just think no one does) drouin, lehkonen, hudon....build on that. pick up a decent UFA or 2 to tide things over and we would be the same team we are now, just with a future. I dont even see it being a drastic dropoff

:2008122810303:

Link to comment
Share on other sites

8 minutes ago, habs_93 said:

I agree. Bergevin is clearly stuck in the late 90s, but it goes deeper than that. He seems to want to aggressively refuse to acknowledge that probability exists. It's rather unfortunate.

It's imperative for the team to move Weber and Price now, not later. They are both valuable players, but we're going to get the real benefit from their mystique value, and that has an expiration date. We can still "win" the Weber trade if we make it into a time-delayed three-way and end up with prospects and/or picks that we can use to acquire players with elite talent who peak in contractually convenient times for us in the future. Let's win it.

Agreed

Link to comment
Share on other sites

10 minutes ago, olddude said:

With Carey getting 70 million of his contract in signing bonuses, how would that work if he were traded? You would have to think Molson would want that back, so we would need a team willing to give that much cash back on top of picks?

I would think the team getting him would be responsible for the yearly  signing bonuses he receives. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Look at teams like Edmonton and Toronto and Columbus... their cores are all really young, yet they are three of the the teams with decent shots at reaching a conference final or Cup final. Calgary's not that far behind them. Nashville. Tampa. Florida. Carolina. Even Boston to some degree. These teams have not been afraid to turn the reigns over to younger players and it's paying dividends. A reminder that most forwards now peak in terms of performance in their early 20's. Duchene is past peak. Pacioretty is past peak. Toews is past peak, and so are Kopitar and so on. Sure, there are exceptions like Crosby who just keep performing well, but even he isn't as good a player as he was 5 years ago. The up and coming teams now have guys like McDavid and Draisaitl and Matthews and Marner and Forsberg and Seth Jones and Werenski and Provorov and Laine and Scheifele and Hischier and so on. And these guys aren't just role players, they're the feature players on the team. For us, we need to move past Weber and Alzner and Plekanec and let the young skill players play. Other teams are having success with this, and in a cap world, you need to be able to find stars on ELC deals. You can't build your team around overpaid free agent acquisitions, it just isn't economically feasible.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, Habituallity said:

Just another wasted asset no big deal

I think the coach in Colorado and his linemates have a lot to do with it. Colorado started goor last year before becoming the worst team in the league. I liked Andrighetto but Gallagher, Hudon, and Shaw are very similar in size and style. Too much of a good thing I guess. I will say this was one of the worst deals Bergevin has made. we should have got more for him.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

3 hours ago, jennifer_rocket said:

Just gotta complain. :lol:

Sven Andrighetto: 5 games played. 3 goals and 3 assists.

Montreal Canadiens: 4 games played. 4 goals and 5 assists.

Yup. Subban also has something like 6 points in 4 games. Both guys are outscoring our entire team by themselves!

1 hour ago, Habberwacky said:

I think the coach in Colorado and his linemates have a lot to do with it. Colorado started goor last year before becoming the worst team in the league. I liked Andrighetto but Gallagher, Hudon, and Shaw are very similar in size and style. Too much of a good thing I guess. I will say this was one of the worst deals Bergevin has made. we should have got more for him.

No doubt that Ghetto getting first-line minutes and playing with McKinnon is helping him. BUT... if a guy is on pace for over 90 points, quite frankly, who cares if it's because he has good linemates? When's the last time we had a guy put up 90 points? If Andrighetto needed to play with Pacioretty and Drouin to put up even 70 points, I would take him back and play him on the first line.

It's not so much the one player, but the pattern of what we do. This is exactly why we can't play guys like Galchenyuk, Sekac, Thomas, Ghetto, Hudon, Scherbak, Briere, PAP, and so on on the 3rd and 4th lines for 12-16 minutes a game and expect them to succeed. Skill players will have success when they're playing with other skill players and getting the ice time needed to produce and to keep themselves into the flow of the game. Even Pacioretty, when he was first recalled, was left in the bottom 6 and struggled mightily and got sent back to the AHL. It was only when he got recalled and filled in on the Gomez-Gionta line that he finally started to put up points and get recognized as a top 6 player. Many were going to write Pacman off as a bust. And now he's one of the most prolific scorers in the NHL over the past 5 years.

So am I attached to Andrighetto? No. I think we can get the same type of performances out of Hudon and Reway and Lehkonen, but this team needs to stop wasting its talent by playing them in the wrong situations. THAT is the problem, and it's exactly why I've been so vocal about how badly the team is wasting Galchenyuk's talent.

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

I think a big part of our problem is asset management. When you have young and talented skill players, you need to put them in the proper position to succeed. Then you move on from other offensive assets that cost more or have less value to acquire assets for positions that you need help. Instead, Montreal just never develops young, skilled assets and proceeds to trade them when their value is at its lowest... for nothing. I'm shocked that Lehkonen has made it despite this organization. Probably because he never had to go through the AHL.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 hours ago, BigTed3 said:

It's not so much the one player, but the pattern of what we do. This is exactly why we can't play guys like Galchenyuk, Sekac, Thomas, Ghetto, Hudon, Scherbak, Briere, PAP, and so on on the 3rd and 4th lines for 12-16 minutes a game and expect them to succeed. Skill players will have success when they're playing with other skill players and getting the ice time needed to produce and to keep themselves into the flow of the game.

I dunno, Galchenyuk obviously is a top line player but the rest of those guys you listed I have no issue playing on a 3rd or 4th line. None of those guys other than Galchenyuk are really that good and there's no reason to put them in the top 6 over proven top 6 scorers. Andrighetto deserves to be on Colorado's top line because Colorado sucks, he's not a better LW than Pacioretty or Galchenyuk and they've been here his entire time in Montreal. 

The Andrighetto thing isn't really that he'd instantly step in and have 5 points in Montreal because he obviously shouldn't be in the top 6 over Pacioretty, Lehkonen, Galchenyuk, Hudon, Gallagher, etc etc. It's just that they gave up a useful NHL player that could chip in with some secondary scoring for a useless grinder that got traded for another useless grinder within 6 months. There's nothing wrong with skill players like the guys you listed playing in a 3rd or 4th line, Andrighetto-DLR-Hemsky would be a good 4th line and would be productive against a lot of team's bad 3rd pairings. Just like in the playoffs a few years ago where Briere's line with Weise absolutely dominated against Shawn Thornton. 

If you don't have a Crosby-Malkin/Toews-Kane/Matthews-Marner-Nylander/McDavid-Draisaitl/Getzlaf-Perry type of forward core you have to follow the Columbus/Minnesota model and score through depth. That seems to be what the Habs are doing now, it's just a shame they had to figure it out after trading Andrighetto since he'd be a good option on a scoring 3rd or 4th line. I agree though, it's not really about Andrighetto as a player but the thought process the trade represented. Trading for King, Ott, and Martinsen at the deadline is a fireable offense IMO.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

59 minutes ago, Noob616 said:

I dunno, Galchenyuk obviously is a top line player but the rest of those guys you listed I have no issue playing on a 3rd or 4th line. None of those guys other than Galchenyuk are really that good and there's no reason to put them in the top 6 over proven top 6 scorers. Andrighetto deserves to be on Colorado's top line because Colorado sucks, he's not a better LW than Pacioretty or Galchenyuk and they've been here his entire time in Montreal. 

The Andrighetto thing isn't really that he'd instantly step in and have 5 points in Montreal because he obviously shouldn't be in the top 6 over Pacioretty, Lehkonen, Galchenyuk, Hudon, Gallagher, etc etc. It's just that they gave up a useful NHL player that could chip in with some secondary scoring for a useless grinder that got traded for another useless grinder within 6 months. There's nothing wrong with skill players like the guys you listed playing in a 3rd or 4th line, Andrighetto-DLR-Hemsky would be a good 4th line and would be productive against a lot of team's bad 3rd pairings. Just like in the playoffs a few years ago where Briere's line with Weise absolutely dominated against Shawn Thornton. 

If you don't have a Crosby-Malkin/Toews-Kane/Matthews-Marner-Nylander/McDavid-Draisaitl/Getzlaf-Perry type of forward core you have to follow the Columbus/Minnesota model and score through depth. That seems to be what the Habs are doing now, it's just a shame they had to figure it out after trading Andrighetto since he'd be a good option on a scoring 3rd or 4th line. I agree though, it's not really about Andrighetto as a player but the thought process the trade represented. Trading for King, Ott, and Martinsen at the deadline is a fireable offense IMO.

I agree that majority of those players aren't as good as Pacioretty, Radulov, Drouin, etc. But the problems I have are:

1. Sitting those players or not promoting them or playing them behind the likes of Prusts, Moens, Kings, Otts, Flynns, Weises, etc.

2. Complaining about their lack of production and then trading them away because they're only getting 10-15 goals on the 3rd/4th lines. You can't complain about a guy not producing like a top 6 player if you don't play him in the top 6.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

I would fire myself if I were Bergevin. 

I was up for trading Galchenykm no reason to do that now we have no hope. 

We need to clear this ugly mess...

This is what I would keep off the current roster...

Alex Galchenyuk

Phillip Danault

Jacob De La Rose

Jonathan Drouin

Charles Hudon

Artturi Lehkonen

Brendan Gallagher

Victor Mete

top end prospect/prospects and first rd draft pick for our core player, weber, patches and price. try to get at least two good projected young centers and two good projected dee. I think you could get a good dee, center and pick from islanders in one swoop with price. even Winnipeg they are good enough now. Trouba/Morrisey and Pick?? Weber and Gallagher even though I have Gallager above for Jesse Puljujarvi and Darnell Nurse . Can we take some of the cap for Weber????? Patches to Islanders for Potluk and Dhzal...All the rest for draft picks this year an next

 

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 14/10/2017 at 1:59 PM, Noob616 said:

The Andrighetto thing isn't really that he'd instantly step in and have 5 points in Montreal because he obviously shouldn't be in the top 6 over Pacioretty, Lehkonen, Galchenyuk, Hudon, Gallagher, etc etc. It's just that they gave up a useful NHL player that could chip in with some secondary scoring for a useless grinder that got traded for another useless grinder within 6 months. There's nothing wrong with skill players like the guys you listed playing in a 3rd or 4th line, Andrighetto-DLR-Hemsky would be a good 4th line and would be productive against a lot of team's bad 3rd pairings. Just like in the playoffs a few years ago where Briere's line with Weise absolutely dominated against Shawn Thornton. 

Agreed. Like ive said many times, i have no problem dealing Andrighetto.  The problem is that we gave him basically no chance to succeed and then flipped him for his value in the NHL at that time, which was basically nil.  If you're taking time to scount players, draft them, develop them and then just turn around and trade them when they have little to no value, you might as well just trade away all your draft picks for players & cut to the chase. 

A good GM follows through with the development, showcases a player and then trades him. 

15 hours ago, Ravadak said:

I would fire myself if I were Bergevin. 

I was up for trading Galchenykm no reason to do that now we have no hope. 

We need to clear this ugly mess...

This is what I would keep off the current roster...

Alex Galchenyuk
Phillip Danault
Jacob De La Rose
Jonathan Drouin
Charles Hudon
Artturi Lehkonen
Brendan Gallagher
Victor Mete

pretty much agree.  There's zero reason to trade Galchenyuk if we go into a rebuild and i sure hope our (new?) GM realizes this.  I would take Gallagher off that list simply because i think he's going to start declining soon. I love him but i think you could get very good value for him and I have a strong suspicion he'll become more and more ineffective in the next couple of years. Right now his value is probably as high as its been.

If you could trade away some of Weber, Patches, Gallagher, Shaw, Petry, Alzner, Plekanec, etc (I realize some may bring you next to nothing or just later picks) I think we could actually rebuild a lot faster than some think.  I left price off the list simply because i believe that if we load up on rookies and 1st rounders we'd easily be able to pay his salary for the next 5+ years (and may actually need it to get to the cap floor, lol) but i certainly wouldnt be opposed to trading him if someone wanted to offer a sizeable package. 

so the real question is:  When does MB lose his job? Because lets be honest, when you're in year 6 of a 5 year plan and you're talking rebuild, something has good horribly wrong. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

On ‎10‎/‎14‎/‎2017 at 4:59 PM, Noob616 said:

. The Andrighetto thing isn't really that he'd instantly step in and have 5 points in Montreal because he obviously shouldn't be in the top 6 over Pacioretty, Lehkonen, Galchenyuk, Hudon, Gallagher, etc etc.

For discussion only why is there a feeling that Andrighetto  couldn't  be in the top 6 over the players listed .

14/15 : 3 pts in 12 G

15/16 : 17 Pts in 44 G

16 / 17 : 8  pts in 27 G with Montreal then 16 pts in 19 G with Colorado

17/18 : 6 pts in 8 G

Why is SA doing fairly well  in Colorado yet in Montreal he couldn't get in the line up on a regular basis . What do Hudon, Lehkonen , Gallagher etc etc bring that SA didn't. 'cause right now the guys in Montreal aren't bringing anything

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

54 minutes ago, Regis22 said:

For discussion only why is there a feeling that Andrighetto  couldn't  be in the top 6 over the players listed .

14/15 : 3 pts in 12 G

15/16 : 17 Pts in 44 G

16 / 17 : 8  pts in 27 G with Montreal then 16 pts in 19 G with Colorado

17/18 : 6 pts in 8 G

Why is SA doing fairly well  in Colorado yet in Montreal he couldn't get in the line up on a regular basis . What do Hudon, Lehkonen , Gallagher etc etc bring that SA didn't. 'cause right now the guys in Montreal aren't bringing anything

 

his lack of grit and jam

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Not to be too doom and gloom but we have to start to consider that this might already be a lost season. It's not that the Habs will continue to be this bad all year, but they're already in such a deep hole it might not be realistic to come back. As I said in the GDT yesterday, last year 95 points got the Leafs a wild card spot and the Habs have 3 points in 8 games. They need 92 in 74 games to match that, which basically means they have to win at a ~102 point pace the rest of the year. That's not impossible but it's a pretty high level of play, and even then it only gets you to 95 which is no guarantee. They simply aren't going to catch PIT, WAS, CBJ, TOR, and TBL, and at this point NJD might be too far ahead as well. That leaves 2 spots left, and the Habs have to leapfrog 6 of the Flyers, Rangers, Bruins, Panthers, Hurricanes, Red Wings, and Islanders to make the playoffs. It's not impossible but would require an excellent rest of the season.

It hurts to say but we might have wasted Price's peak years already. This season's probably gone, and I don't like the Habs chances to make a run in 2019 when Price is 31 and Weber's 33 (with both guys a few weeks from 32 and 34). Price isn't going to fall off a cliff but he's got a lot of miles on him already and a lot of years of driving his 225lb frame onto a bad knee. Those things (hips, groin, knees) just don't get better for goalies once they start to go. Hell, I'm only 22 and I can tell that after 15 years of playing even low level house league/beer league goalie my hips are not what they were when I was 18. I can't imagine the wear and tear it puts on a guy as big as Price to be constantly moving your knees and hips in ways they're not meant to move 5 times a week since you were a teenager. Weber's not going to fall off a cliff either but he's clearly lost a step and you simply don't get that back in your 30s.

I just don't see this team making a run in 2019 or 2020 when Toronto and Tampa Bay continue to improve, the Flyers and Devils are on the upswing, Pittsburgh and Washington will sill be hanging in there, and Carolina seems to be starting to put it together as well. They made a "win now" trade last year, didn't win last year, and things are looking grim this year. In terms of cup contending the Price/Pacioretty/Subban (Weber) core is probably done. I think we might have to start thinking about doing a retool like the Flyers around a Mete/Drouin/Galchenyuk core supplemented by Lehkonen/Danault/Gallagher and hopefully one of Lindgren or McNiven. That's not exactly the most exciting core to build around but at least it's something, and you have to imagine there'd be significant returns for Price/Pacioretty/Weber. It's hard to even think about it but I just don't see a way forward for this team, Price and Weber are both on the back 9 of their careers with Pacioretty (and Petry) not far behind.

If Pacioretty gets a new contract that's 31M+ tied up in those 4 guys well into their 30s. It's hard to imagine trading those guys away but man, Alzner, Petry, Weber, Price, Pacioretty could very easily turn into our own version of the Muskoka Five from the pre-Burke Leafs. When Bergevin made the Subban-Weber trade he put the team on this path and right now it feels like a real crossroads.

1 hour ago, Regis22 said:

For discussion only why is there a feeling that Andrighetto  couldn't  be in the top 6 over the players listed .

Why is SA doing fairly well  in Colorado yet in Montreal he couldn't get in the line up on a regular basis . What do Hudon, Lehkonen , Gallagher etc etc bring that SA didn't. 'cause right now the guys in Montreal aren't bringing anything

Colorado's forward depth is really bad, Andrighetto is probably their 3rd best winger after Landeskog and Rantanen. He's getting 1st unit PP and 1st line ice time with MacKinnon and scoring in that role. That's not a knock on him, he's being put in a position to succeed and having success, but we also wouldn't trade Galchenyuk for Patrick Maroon or Jake Guentzel even though they scored more goals last year. I get it's frustrating they're not scoring but we're talking about 8 games. Gallagher brings a long track record of top 6 NHL scoring and is a possession monster. Lehkonen scored well down the stretch and has also been an excellent shot creation/possession player. Hudon has 3 years of top end AHL scoring and is creating lots of shots and scoring chances in the NHL now as well. If we offered Colorado any of those 3 guys for Andrighetto they'd take it and run.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Going to change this up to "If I Was GM" what would I have done differently:

- Most evidently, I wouldn't have traded Subban for Weber

- Wouldn't have traded the two second rounders for Shaw and wouldn't have traded Eller for the two seconds. Would have used those two 2nd's saved on Shaw to follow TT's recommendations and draft Alex DeBrincat and Samuel Girard

- Like MB, I absolutely would have drafted Alex Galchenyuk, but I would have played him as a center and lived with the growing pains

- I Wouldn't have traded Kassian for being a passenger in a car accident

- I Wouldn't have traded Beaulieu and would have protected him in the ED over Benn. But then again, I wouldn't have traded Pateryn and a pick for Benn.

- I would have hired Mike Babcock when he expressed interest in coming here two years ago

- I would not have signed Alzner

- I wouldn't have completed the Andrighetto for Martinsen trade, nor the trades for Ott and King

- I would have kept Gelinas over Morrow or Davidson or Streit

- I would have looked for someone younger and better at skating in free agency, but barring that, I would have re-signed Markov

 

Now one can say hindsight is 20/20, but you'll find if you look back through the archives that I advocated for all of these at the time they happened. In MB's defence, I definitely wouldn't have grabbed Paul Byron, and he's turned into a pretty big success story here. That said, I feel like there's been a lot of mistakes that were fairly obvious mistakes at the time they happened. And so notwithstanding any additional trades or signings I could have potentially made myself, just undoing the senseless moves from Bergevin, it would have left me with this potential line-up:

 

Galchenyuk-Drouin-Gallagher

Pacioretty-Danault-Lehkonen

Hudon-Plekanec-DeBrincat

Andrighetto-McCarron-Kassian

Carr

 

Markov-Subban

Mete-Petry

Beaulieu-Pateryn

Gelinas, Girard

 

which is honestly not a lot better than what we have up front but probably a fair bit better on the back end. To boot, I'd have Babcock as a coach and a lot more cap space than what MB had to be able to use in free agency or trades, and I probably would have been a bit more active in that regard. And the situation above, which is really not anything more than not making obvious mistakes, would have left us younger and less uncertain about whether we needed to rebuild.

 

 

 

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

37 minutes ago, BigTed3 said:

Going to change this up to "If I Was GM" what would I have done differently:

- Most evidently, I wouldn't have traded Subban for Weber

- Wouldn't have traded the two second rounders for Shaw and wouldn't have traded Eller for the two seconds. Would have used those two 2nd's saved on Shaw to follow TT's recommendations and draft Alex DeBrincat and Samuel Girard

- Like MB, I absolutely would have drafted Alex Galchenyuk, but I would have played him as a center and lived with the growing pains

- I Wouldn't have traded Kassian for being a passenger in a car accident

- I Wouldn't have traded Beaulieu and would have protected him in the ED over Benn. But then again, I wouldn't have traded Pateryn and a pick for Benn.

- I would have hired Mike Babcock when he expressed interest in coming here two years ago

- I would not have signed Alzner

- I wouldn't have completed the Andrighetto for Martinsen trade, nor the trades for Ott and King

- I would have kept Gelinas over Morrow or Davidson or Streit

- I would have looked for someone younger and better at skating in free agency, but barring that, I would have re-signed Markov

 

Now one can say hindsight is 20/20, but you'll find if you look back through the archives that I advocated for all of these at the time they happened. In MB's defence, I definitely wouldn't have grabbed Paul Byron, and he's turned into a pretty big success story here. That said, I feel like there's been a lot of mistakes that were fairly obvious mistakes at the time they happened. And so notwithstanding any additional trades or signings I could have potentially made myself, just undoing the senseless moves from Bergevin, it would have left me with this potential line-up:

 

Galchenyuk-Drouin-Gallagher

Pacioretty-Danault-Lehkonen

Hudon-Plekanec-DeBrincat

Andrighetto-McCarron-Kassian

Carr

 

Markov-Subban

Mete-Petry

Beaulieu-Pateryn

Gelinas, Girard

 

which is honestly not a lot better than what we have up front but probably a fair bit better on the back end. To boot, I'd have Babcock as a coach and a lot more cap space than what MB had to be able to use in free agency or trades, and I probably would have been a bit more active in that regard. And the situation above, which is really not anything more than not making obvious mistakes, would have left us younger and less uncertain about whether we needed to rebuild.

 

 

 

 

I'd have kept Radulov & ditched Plekanek, Pacioretty, Gallagher and Price.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

42 minutes ago, BigTed3 said:

Going to change this up to "If I Was GM" what would I have done differently:

- Most evidently, I wouldn't have traded Subban for Weber

- Wouldn't have traded the two second rounders for Shaw and wouldn't have traded Eller for the two seconds. Would have used those two 2nd's saved on Shaw to follow TT's recommendations and draft Alex DeBrincat and Samuel Girard

- Like MB, I absolutely would have drafted Alex Galchenyuk, but I would have played him as a center and lived with the growing pains

- I Wouldn't have traded Kassian for being a passenger in a car accident

- I Wouldn't have traded Beaulieu and would have protected him in the ED over Benn. But then again, I wouldn't have traded Pateryn and a pick for Benn.

- I would have hired Mike Babcock when he expressed interest in coming here two years ago

- I would not have signed Alzner

- I wouldn't have completed the Andrighetto for Martinsen trade, nor the trades for Ott and King

- I would have kept Gelinas over Morrow or Davidson or Streit

- I would have looked for someone younger and better at skating in free agency, but barring that, I would have re-signed Markov

 

Now one can say hindsight is 20/20, but you'll find if you look back through the archives that I advocated for all of these at the time they happened. In MB's defence, I definitely wouldn't have grabbed Paul Byron, and he's turned into a pretty big success story here. That said, I feel like there's been a lot of mistakes that were fairly obvious mistakes at the time they happened. And so notwithstanding any additional trades or signings I could have potentially made myself, just undoing the senseless moves from Bergevin, it would have left me with this potential line-up:

 

Galchenyuk-Drouin-Gallagher

Pacioretty-Danault-Lehkonen

Hudon-Plekanec-DeBrincat

Andrighetto-McCarron-Kassian

Carr

 

Markov-Subban

Mete-Petry

Beaulieu-Pateryn

Gelinas, Girard

 

which is honestly not a lot better than what we have up front but probably a fair bit better on the back end. To boot, I'd have Babcock as a coach and a lot more cap space than what MB had to be able to use in free agency or trades, and I probably would have been a bit more active in that regard. And the situation above, which is really not anything more than not making obvious mistakes, would have left us younger and less uncertain about whether we needed to rebuild.

 

 

 

 

Wow .....    :5185:

 

This gives me an idea for a new thread where we could nominate say a Mr. or Mrs. Hindsight of the Day based on people saying they would have done things differently had they known how things would turn out as they stand today.     :4224: 

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 minutes ago, eldag said:

Wow .....    :5185:

 

This gives me an idea for a new thread where we could nominate say a Mr. or Mrs. Hindsight of the Day based on people saying they would have done things differently had they known how things would turn out as they stand today.     :4224: 

 

Sad Part #1: this isn't even hindsight. All of this was very very foreseeable, and as I said, there's actually written proof of what I've written if you go back through our archives. Wasn't easy to predict the Subban-Weber outcome, 99% of fans posted how bad the trade was when it happened, especially with respect to how it shortened the Cap window. Most people posted about the terrible Shaw-Eller swap and the bad Alzner signing and the problem with letting Markov go without a replacement and so on...

Sad Part #2: I forgot to even include Eller in my line-up, so I actually have even more assets than I thought and definitely more than MB

Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • H_T_L locked this topic
Guest
This topic is now closed to further replies.
 Share

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    • No registered users viewing this page.
×
×
  • Create New...