Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
H_T_L

Laval Rocket

163 posts in this topic

and the ineptitude well continue

http://www.hockeyinsideout.com/news/canadiens-notebook-sylvain-lefebvre-named-head-coach-of-ahl-rocket

I know my role with Canadians and it is developing young players, bringing them to their full potential and ensuring they are ready when the team needs them during the season,” Lefebvre told reporters during an afternoon news conference at the new Place Bell in Laval.

“Over the years, Canadiens have had good seasons,” he added. “They have had success in the playoffs and many of our players have helped Canadians access the playoffs. We still have a lot of young people coming. Many are doing their own analysis, but if Canadians have decided to extend my contract, that’s what matters to me.”

Carrière called Lefebvre a “great coach.” :4224:

26 minutes ago, Regis22 said:

and the ineptitude well continue

http://www.hockeyinsideout.com/news/canadiens-notebook-sylvain-lefebvre-named-head-coach-of-ahl-rocket

I know my role with Canadians and it is developing young players, bringing them to their full potential and ensuring they are ready when the team needs them during the season,” Lefebvre told reporters during an afternoon news conference at the new Place Bell in Laval.

“Over the years, Canadiens have had good seasons,” he added. “They have had success in the playoffs and many of our players have helped Canadians access the playoffs. We still have a lot of young people coming. Many are doing their own analysis, but if Canadians have decided to extend my contract, that’s what matters to me.”

Carrière called Lefebvre a “great coach.” :4224:

Developing young players? ... how many young players have graduated to the NHL?

Bringing them to their full potential? ... of playing int he AHL for life?

Ensuring they are ready when the Habs need them?... Hanley failed, Johnston failed, Dietz failed, Tinordi failed, Pateryn wasn't given much chance, Hudon wasn't given much chance, McCarron hasn't lived up to expectations, Terry didn't produce in the NHL, Farnham was pretty bad, Carr ended up back in the minors, DLR ended up back in the minors, and so on...

To hear SL, MB, and Carriere, they're putting quite the spin on what they think Lefebvre has accomplished, because the lack of results speak for themselves.

Bottom line,,,, he couldn't find another job and he was the only option open to MB.

13 hours ago, Regis22 said:

“Many are doing their own analysis, but if Canadians have decided to extend my contract, that’s what matters to me.”

Lol, I love this line.  In what other press conference have you ever heard someone come right out and basically say that "yeah, I know a lot of people think I'm doing a bad job, but, hey, I've still got a job and that's what counts!". :lol:

In defence of SL (if there is one),,,  he was working under the directive of MT.  He had to work his (MT's) system, which we all know did little to take advantage of a players strengths. We'll see if things improve, with CJ now driving the bus.

....... and the skies are not cloudy all day!!!!!!!!

And on and on it goes ..........   I guess there is nobody home and nobody cares  .........  :5187:

6 minutes ago, eldag said:

....... and the skies are not cloudy all day!!!!!!!!

And on and on it goes ..........   I guess there is nobody home and nobody cares  .........  :5187:

Seems only the fans do. Our team and its subsidiaries are being politicized more and more in the meantime.

Are you comfortable with these guys running the AhL team. They don't look like they could coach a pee wee team

cut.jpg

Apparently this is the team that will be the Laval Rocket:

Forwards:

Carr – de la Rose/Hudon – Terry

Froese – Holland/McCarron – Scherbak

Reway – Audette – Grégoire

Addison – Eisenchmid – Waked

Petti – Broll – Ebbing

Defense:

Morrow/Jerabek – Lernout

Taormina – Juulsen

Bourque – Redmond

Parisi – Leblanc

Goalies:

Lindgren

Fucale/McNiven

Overall, this is a pretty good prediction of how the roster will look. Peter Holland will most likely start the season in Laval, while one of Jacob de la Rose, Charles Hudon or Michael McCarron should start the season in Montreal.

On defense, one of or maybe even both Joe Morrow or Jakub Jerabek will make the team.

On the goalie side of things, it's pretty clear Charlie Lindgren should be the full time starter. Michael McNiven is coming off an incredible junior season and Zach Fucale had a bit of a bounce back year. Fucale though was talked up recently by Canadiens goalie coach Stephane Waite, so there is a chance he gets the AHL backup spot.

Edited by kinot-2

2 hours ago, Regis22 said:

https://awinninghabit.com/2017/09/09/montreal-canadiens-coach-sylvain-lefebvre/

Montreal Canadiens GM Marc Bergevin should take a long look at who’s developing his players. Coach Sylvain Lefebvre of Laval Rocket has not had success thus far.

One foxhole buddy left and now there's more room for SL. 

Lefebvre signed a two-year extension in the off-season. The signing was a clear signal that once again, Bergevin was standing behind his man. Unlike Therrien though, Lefebvre’s record can’t possibly explain why.

RDS announced Thursday that the network will televise 16 Laval Rocket games this season.

The first game featuring the Canadiens’ new AHL farm club will be on Friday, Oct. 6, on RDS 2 when the Belleville Senators visit the new Place Bell in Laval for a 7:30 p.m. start.

No Brett Lernout page??? Was he traded?

Gelinas signed a 1 year deal with Laval. 

Still no Lernout page... what is that?

20 hours ago, kinot-2 said:

Gelinas signed a 1 year deal with Laval. 

So what does this mean exactly?  He's on the AHL roster, but doesnt have to go through waivers since we didnt sign him to the big club.  Can we call him up during the season if necessary (ie, offer him an NHL contract, since its our affiliate?)   He's been, arguably one of our best 6 or 7 defensemen so the point seems relevant. 

The Laval Rocket also sent goaltender Michael McNiven to the Brampton Beast of the ECHL as they will start the season with Charlie Lindgren and Zach Fucale.

If anyone's interested...I've just read an interview with Jakub Jeřábek. To sum it up, he's unhappy to not play in NHL and that nobody speaks to him about his future or performances. And he doesn't want to spend whole season in AHL...(and as a side note - Jeřábek means Little Crane in english :) )

3 hours ago, CzechHab said:

If anyone's interested...I've just read an interview with Jakub Jeřábek. To sum it up, he's unhappy to not play in NHL and that nobody speaks to him about his future or performances. And he doesn't want to spend whole season in AHL...(and as a side note - Jeřábek means Little Crane in english :) )

No surprise there, considering who the coaches are in Laval.

4 hours ago, kinot-2 said:

No surprise there, considering who the coaches are in Laval.

:4224:

Looking at the Rocket's roster, and there's not a lot left there that's going to help the big club. Most of the players are placeholders who don't have much of a future in the NHL. Who can be a player for the Habs down the line?

- Scherbak

- McCarron

- maybe Audette

- Cracknell potentially as a 4th liner

- Juulsen

- maybe Lernout as a 3rd pairing guy

- Lindgren

That's about it right now in terms of who's active down there. Of those players, only Scherbak and Juulsen project as potential top 6 forwards/ top 4 D men, and neither is a sure thing. There are still major issues with our development.

Defenseman Matt Taormina and right winger Chris Terry will represent the Laval Rocket at the 2018 American Hockey League All-Star Game, to be held on January 28 and 29 at the Adirondack Bank Center in Utica, NY.