Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
H_T_L

Laval Rocket

163 posts in this topic

Fantastic article here on Hudon - but actually more about Bouchard:  Joël Bouchard says “stop feeling bad” for Charles Hudon

 

The whole article is worth a read but some of my favourite parts:
 

“We’re playing hockey and I have a young player who can still improve in many areas, and still has many years ahead of him. He’s still young. I don’t think I need to pity him. If he feels that way, then he needs to get off that mindset because other players here—there are others like him on this team and in the AHL, look at the players who went through waivers. I’m saying with a lot of love because I love Charles.

“I’m looking forward. What is he going to do starting from today to become a Charles Hudon 2.0?”

Coach Bouchard said that he worked with Hudon privately on Tuesday during a day off for the team. 

 

I hope Bouchard's obviously great communication starts to translate to the rest of the coaching staff at all levels.  One of the consistent things we've heard for years was "I have no idea how the coach felt" or "no one told me what i was doing wrong"  this was a sentiment echoed by Eller, PK, and many many more.  Its refreshing to hear a coach willing to have the tough conversations with his players.   Its not easy to tell someone "you're not as good as you think" or "you may think you're ready but you're not" but Bouchard is a breath of fresh air for this organization. 

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

#04/10/19(Game1:Monsters3-2Rocket)

Peca/Poehling/Weise
Hudon(1G)/Evans(1A)/Belzile(1G,1A)
Jevpalovs/Varone/Barber
Alain/Vejdemo/Cox

Ouellet(1A)/Brook
Alzner/Leskinen
Sklenicka/Lamarche

Lindgren(20/23)

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 10/3/2019 at 11:53 AM, maas_art said:

Fantastic article here on Hudon - but actually more about Bouchard:  Joël Bouchard says “stop feeling bad” for Charles Hudon

 

The whole article is worth a read but some of my favourite parts:
 

“We’re playing hockey and I have a young player who can still improve in many areas, and still has many years ahead of him. He’s still young. I don’t think I need to pity him. If he feels that way, then he needs to get off that mindset because other players here—there are others like him on this team and in the AHL, look at the players who went through waivers. I’m saying with a lot of love because I love Charles.

“I’m looking forward. What is he going to do starting from today to become a Charles Hudon 2.0?”

Coach Bouchard said that he worked with Hudon privately on Tuesday during a day off for the team. 

 

I hope Bouchard's obviously great communication starts to translate to the rest of the coaching staff at all levels.  One of the consistent things we've heard for years was "I have no idea how the coach felt" or "no one told me what i was doing wrong"  this was a sentiment echoed by Eller, PK, and many many more.  Its refreshing to hear a coach willing to have the tough conversations with his players.   Its not easy to tell someone "you're not as good as you think" or "you may think you're ready but you're not" but Bouchard is a breath of fresh air for this organization. 

100% agree i think he will be our head coach in the near future.

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

#05/10/19(Game2:Monsters4-1Rocket)

Hudon(-1)/Evans/Belzile(1G)
Peca(-1)/Varone(-1)/Weise
Jevpalovs/Poehling(-2)/Barber(-3)
Alain/Vejdemo/Lynch
Ouellet(-1)/Brook(-1)
Sklenicka(-1)/Lamarche(+1)
Alzner(-2)/Leskinen

Primeau(29/31)

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Are those preseason games you are reporting, ahmedou? Or has the regular season in the AHL started?

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Mike McCarran has been placed on waivers.

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, kinot-2 said:

Mike McCarran has been placed on waivers.

I wonder if he gets claimed? I'm doubtful, but... maybe.

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, jennifer_rocket said:

I wonder if he gets claimed? I'm doubtful, but... maybe.

It put it at 80/20 he doesnt get claimed.  Some very interesting skills but has not been able to put them all together & is a real injury concern. 

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
20 hours ago, maas_art said:

It put it at 80/20 he doesnt get claimed.  Some very interesting skills but has not been able to put them all together & is a real injury concern. 

He cleared and will go to Laval. 

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
20 minutes ago, kinot-2 said:

He cleared and will go to Laval. 

Good.  I think its highly unlikely he'll ever be an impact player but at least there's still a shot.  If he could stay healthy and get a full year under Bouchard I think he might just make an NHL roster as a bottom 6 guy. 

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
23 minutes ago, maas_art said:

Good.  I think its highly unlikely he'll ever be an impact player but at least there's still a shot.  If he could stay healthy and get a full year under Bouchard I think he might just make an NHL roster as a bottom 6 guy. 

Highly doubtful, he skates like a brick shit house, and with today's game being all about speed

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Juulsen sent down. Doesnt have to clear waivers so thats a good sign, presumably means he's ok to start practicing/playing.  Dont imagine he'll be down there long although that probably means Fleury will go the other way when he's called up.  Too bad we have so many good RD & a wasteland of LD. 

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

#12/10/19(Game3:Rocket2-4Admiral)

Hudon(-2)/Evans(-2)/Belzile(-2)
Varone(-1)/Poehling/Barber(-1)
Peca(-2)/Vejdemo(-1)/Jevpalovs(1G)
Alain(1A+1)/Lynch(1A+1)/Weise(+2)

Ouellet(-3)/Leskinen(2A)
Alzner(-1)/Brook(1G+1)
Olofsson/Lamarche(-1)

Lindgren(19/22)

#14/10/19(Game4:Rocket3-1IceHogs)

Varone/Evans/Barber
Hudon(1G)/Poehling(2A)/Belzile(1G)
Jevpalovs(+1)/Vejdemo(1G+1)/Cox(1A+1)
Pezzetta/Lynch/Weise

Leskinen(2A+2)/Ouellet(1A+2)
Olofsson/Lamarche
Alzner(-1)/Brook(-1)

Primeau(21/22)

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

#16/10/19(Game5:Bruins4-5Rocket-SO)

Hudon/Poehling(1A+1)/Belzile
Varone(1A)/Evans(1A)/Barber(1G)
Jevpalovs(1A)/Vejdemo(1G)/Cox(1G+1)
Pezzetta(1G-1)/McCarron(-1)/Weise(-3)

Leskinen(-3)/Ouellet(-2)
Olofsson(1A)/Lamarche(+1)
Alzner(+1)/Brook

Lindgren(34/38)

#18/10/19(Game6:Bruins2-3Rocket)

Hudon(+1)/Poehling(1G+1)/Belzile(1A)
Varone/Evans(-1)/Barber(-1)
Jevpalovs(-1)/Vejdemo/Cox
Alain(1G)/McCarron/Weise(1G)

Leskinen(+1)/Ouellet(1A)
Olofsson/Lamarche
Alzner(+1)/Brook

Primeau(32/34)

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

McCarron under scrutiny again for interference hit on Gaunce - it’s big mikes last year I believe and at the end of the season he will be cemented as a draft bust 

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Primeau is clearly out playing Lindgren, but for some strange reason they keep starting Lindgren. Why would they be doing this, makes no sense.

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
36 minutes ago, tony5775 said:

Primeau is clearly out playing Lindgren, but for some strange reason they keep starting Lindgren. Why would they be doing this, makes no sense.

Trade value??

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, tony5775 said:

Primeau is clearly out playing Lindgren, but for some strange reason they keep starting Lindgren. Why would they be doing this, makes no sense.

I don't know. McNiven would probably be outplaying Lindgren if he were in Laval, too. Not sure why we haven't gotten Lindgren out of the system at this point. He's just blocking the development of our better goaltending prospects, IMO.

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, tony5775 said:

Primeau is clearly out playing Lindgren, but for some strange reason they keep starting Lindgren. Why would they be doing this, makes no sense.

 

2 hours ago, H_T_L said:

Trade value??

Thats all i can think of. They want to move LIndgren & hope they can get him playing half way decent so someone would take a chance?  That ship has sailed imho. 

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, maas_art said:

 

Thats all i can think of. They want to move LIndgren & hope they can get him playing half way decent so someone would take a chance?  That ship has sailed imho. 

Yep.

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I would imagine they hope somebody offers them a 7th rounder just to get his contract off the books. He's no longer in our plans so i guess it makes sense to showcase him rather then park him in the press box. I don't see any bites forthcoming. 

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, H_T_L said:

I would imagine they hope somebody offers them a 7th rounder just to get his contract off the books. He's no longer in our plans so i guess it makes sense to showcase him rather then park him in the press box. I don't see any bites forthcoming. 

you have to assume if he wasnt claimed on waivers, he probably wont fetch even a 7th.  i guess you never know, if someone else had a netminder who didnt work out, but start so far has been pretty brutal....

 

 

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
37 minutes ago, maas_art said:

you have to assume if he wasnt claimed on waivers, he probably wont fetch even a 7th.  i guess you never know, if someone else had a netminder who didnt work out, but start so far has been pretty brutal....

 

 

I was thinking more along the line of farm depth for a team. Maybe the Leafs??

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
15 hours ago, maas_art said:

you have to assume if he wasnt claimed on waivers, he probably wont fetch even a 7th.  i guess you never know, if someone else had a netminder who didnt work out, but start so far has been pretty brutal...

At this point, IMO, there's more value to NOT showcasing him than there is to showcasing him. It would be better for McNiven and Primeau to both be in Laval rather than Lindgren just occupying space and taking away important game time. I know Carey is around in our system for several more years, but that doesn't mean we shouldn't be investing time in the right places to improve our goaltending situation. Lindgren should be the one playing in the ECHL. He's been pretty weak for several seasons now.

Edited by jennifer_rocket
0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Leskinen seems to adapt rather well to the NA game in Laval, Bouchard has used him both on the left and right and he seems to be really 'invested' in what he wants from his players. He's been promoted to the 1st pairing and is also part of the first PP wave. Sounds rather promising, the caveat being physicality. He needs to get stronger and better at battles in front of the net and the corners.

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!


Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.


Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.