The Official Site of the Montréal Canadiens
Canadiens de Montreal

Laval Rocket

H_T_L

6 minutes ago, electron58 said:

Rocket down 1-0 to Marlies after 2 periods.  Looks like they really miss 2/3rds of their top line.  Only Poehling from that line left. Plus, they are outshooting the Marlies 38-20!

Well it doesn’t look like Poehling is playing tonight either. He’s not in the lineup! Injured?

Laval clinches the division title in an overtime loss. With their most dominant showing of the year the Rocket clinched the division crown, even with a loss in extra time, 4-3. With seven games left in the season, the Laval Rocket were in a spot to do something that a Montreal Canadiens AHL affiliate hadn’t done in a long time: clinch a division title. All they needed was a single point against the Toronto Marlies, but they still had quite the challenge on their hands. They were without Alex Belzile and Cayden Primeau (recalled to the NHL), Joseph Blandisi, Michael Pezzetta, and Joel Teasdäle (season-ending injuries), and Ryan Poehling and Cale Fleury (day to day).

22 hours ago, I-Am-Canadian_mtl said:

Well it doesn’t look like Poehling is playing tonight either. He’s not in the lineup! Injured?

22 hours ago, I-Am-Canadian_mtl said:

I thought Poehling got returned to Laval from taxi squad on Sunday. Perhaps back up to taxi squad on an emergency recall?

Must have been a last minute scratch, as he was expected to play.  Just noticed this after the fact. Ryan Poehling  (day to day).

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...

Jean-François Houle is the new rocket's coach.

Not sure what his creds are like (I know he was coaching in the ECHL)   I know that none of us should be judged for our father's actions but its a bit concerning that his dad was probably the worst GM in the history of the team... yikes.

I believe we actually drafted Houle in the early 90s if my memory is right?  But im pretty sure he never played for us.

Houle, 46, has spent the last six seasons as an assistant coach with the AHL’s Bakersfield Condors, the farm team of the Edmonton Oilers.

Jared Book (as always) had a great comment on EOTP today on those who are critical of the hiring:

"Anyone who complains about this is just looking for a reason to complain IMO.  He may end up being good, he may end up being bad, but he has a resume of someone who would normally get this chance and I doubt many people followed Bakersfield very closely." ~ Jared Book

• 2 months later...

Laval Rocket start off season on a high note, with convincing win over Belleville, 6-2.

Belleville Senators 2 Laval Rocket 6 (Final)

Cayden Primeau - 2 goals on 19 shots
Brandon Baddock - one assist
Jean-Christophe Beaudin - one goal (1), one assist
Louie Belpedio - no points
Tobie Bisson - two assists
Gabriel Bourque - no points
Laurent Dauphin - one assist
Jean-Sébastien Dea - one goal (1)
Tory Dello - one assist
Gianni Fairbrother - no points
Rafaël Harvey-Pinard - one assist
Danick Martel - one goal (1) - GWG
Xavier Ouellet - no points
Michael Pezzetta - one goal (1)
Ryan Poehling - one goal (1) Laval's 6th of the game.
Kevin Roy - two assists
Corey Schueneman - no points
Lukas Vejdemo - one goal (1)
Jesse Ylönen - no points

A lot of names that I don't recognize. 

On 10/17/2021 at 10:44 AM, electron58 said:

Laval Rocket lose next game to Senators, 5-2.  Now 1-1.

Was at that game and OMG did the Rocket look bad.  McNevin couldn't stop a beach ball, Ouellet looked brutal and not sure if there is any NHL potential left there at all if there ever was to begin with.  It was just a disappointing game all around.

Was a huge supporter of Poehling but after watching him in the pre season and his limited action Sat night I am really beginning to wonder if the potential is there at all??

7 hours ago, 26NCounting said:

Was at that game and OMG did the Rocket look bad.  McNevin couldn't stop a beach ball, Ouellet looked brutal and not sure if there is any NHL potential left there at all if there ever was to begin with.  It was just a disappointing game all around.

Was a huge supporter of Poehling but after watching him in the pre season and his limited action Sat night I am really beginning to wonder if the potential is there at all??

I heard he was injured again in that game (Poehling). 

9 hours ago, 26NCounting said:

Was at that game and OMG did the Rocket look bad.  McNiven couldn't stop a beach ball, Ouellet looked brutal and not sure if there is any NHL potential left there at all if there ever was to begin with.  It was just a disappointing game all around.

2 hours ago, H_T_L said:

I heard he was injured again in that game (Poehling). 

After being assigned to Laval, Ryan Poehling had a strong debut on Friday, registering a goal. Head coach Jean-Francois Houle praised the forward’s performance.

“I thought he started a little slow, but as the game went on he won a lot of faceoffs. I think he’s only lost two faceoffs all game. He was a man out there, and really proud of him. He scored a nice goal, he’s big, he plays a power forward type of game, and really proud of him.”   Poehling hit Place Bell ice for the season opener with an ‘A’ on his jersey. “I think Ryan is there in his career. It’s time for him to be a leader. He was the leading scorer of the team last year, he’s played in this league for two-and-a-half years , he’s proven that he can play very hard at this level, he’s well liked in this locker room,” Houle explained the decision.

The forward didn’t finish Saturday’s game after getting hit on the head during a battle behind the net. He will be reevaluated, and an update on his status is expected on Monday. He was hit in the head, after his own player pushed the baby Sen into Poehling!

12 hours ago, electron58 said:

After being assigned to Laval, Ryan Poehling had a strong debut on Friday, registering a goal. Head coach Jean-Francois Houle praised the forward’s performance.

“I thought he started a little slow, but as the game went on he won a lot of faceoffs. I think he’s only lost two faceoffs all game. He was a man out there, and really proud of him. He scored a nice goal, he’s big, he plays a power forward type of game, and really proud of him.”   Poehling hit Place Bell ice for the season opener with an ‘A’ on his jersey. “I think Ryan is there in his career. It’s time for him to be a leader. He was the leading scorer of the team last year, he’s played in this league for two-and-a-half years , he’s proven that he can play very hard at this level, he’s well liked in this locker room,” Houle explained the decision.

The forward didn’t finish Saturday’s game after getting hit on the head during a battle behind the net. He will be reevaluated, and an update on his status is expected on Monday. He was hit in the head, after his own player pushed the baby Sen into Poehling!

It certainly didn't look like much of a hit but as I'm sure everyone knows it just takes a hit to the right spot.  Hope he is OK and can find his game again

9 hours ago, 26NCounting said:

It certainly didn't look like much of a hit but as I'm sure everyone knows it just takes a hit to the right spot.  Hope he is OK and can find his game again

Yeah, it happened pretty fast,  but after watching it several times, you can see Poehling takes an elbow smash to the head. I'm thinking he'll have to do the concussion protocol. 

5 hours ago, electron58 said:

Nicely done.  I tried to do that,  but could only get the link.

It’s the forum software that‘s totally bugged. For some reason I can only post and open Twitter links from my desktop pc/workstation, it‘s not working on mobile because… well, no idea. Never had the issue on any other forum.

8 hours ago, ChiLla said:

It’s the forum software that‘s totally bugged. For some reason I can only post and open Twitter links from my desktop pc/workstation, it‘s not working on mobile because… well, no idea. Never had the issue on any other forum.

I think they've forgotten us.  If you note, Tomas Tatar is STILL there 

<----------------------------------------------