Jump to content
The Official Site of the Montréal Canadiens
Canadiens de Montreal

Recommended Posts

8 hours ago, ChiLla said:

Leskinen seems to adapt rather well to the NA game in Laval, Bouchard has used him both on the left and right and he seems to be really 'invested' in what he wants from his players. He's been promoted to the 1st pairing and is also part of the first PP wave. Sounds rather promising, the caveat being physicality. He needs to get stronger and better at battles in front of the net and the corners.

from what I've read and seen (limited) of him already, i think there's a legit chance he's among our 3 best LHD on the depth chart (or at least will be at some point this season)  Im not convinced he's necessarily better than Mete or Kulak though so it sounds like he could be a good depth piece but not sure if he is a solution to our biggest need (Top LHD).  It would certainly be wonderful if he was better & leapfrogged all our LHD in montreal to take top spot.  Not sure what they do with Chiarot though, he's pretty darned expensive to be our #7

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, maas_art said:

from what I've read and seen (limited) of him already, i think there's a legit chance he's among our 3 best LHD on the depth chart (or at least will be at some point this season)  Im not convinced he's necessarily better than Mete or Kulak though so it sounds like he could be a good depth piece but not sure if he is a solution to our biggest need (Top LHD).  It would certainly be wonderful if he was better & leapfrogged all our LHD in montreal to take top spot.  Not sure what they do with Chiarot though, he's pretty darned expensive to be our #7

I actually saw Leskinen play in the rookie camp in Belleville, I thought he looked good. He was on a pairing with Fleury that night and they dominated the game. Leskinen rushes the puck well, has good speed, makes great passes and even pinches behind the net. He knew when to pinch and when to fall back and never left his partner out to dry. Your right about his physical play though he could work on incorporating that aspect a little more, although in the game I saw he did have a good hit in the corner behind the Sens net that caused a turnover that led to a good scoring chance for Suzuki. My initial assessment would be that Leskinen could develop into an Eric Karlsson type of player. So while he has not reached that height yet, he is most probably at or above Mete's and Kulak's level.

Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, maas_art said:

from what I've read and seen (limited) of him already, i think there's a legit chance he's among our 3 best LHD on the depth chart (or at least will be at some point this season)  Im not convinced he's necessarily better than Mete or Kulak though so it sounds like he could be a good depth piece but not sure if he is a solution to our biggest need (Top LHD).  It would certainly be wonderful if he was better & leapfrogged all our LHD in montreal to take top spot.  Not sure what they do with Chiarot though, he's pretty darned expensive to be our #7

Sorry Maas I meant to Quote Chilla on my post above.

 

Edited by campabee82
Link to post
Share on other sites

#19/10/19(Game7:Bears4-2Rocket)

Hudon/Poehling(1G-1)/Belzile(1A-1)
Varone(-3)/Evans(-2)/Barber(-2)
Jevpalovs(1G)/Vejdemo(1A-1)/Cox
Alain/McCarron/Weise(-1)

Leskinen(-1)/Ouellet(-2)
Olofsson/Lamarche
Alzner(-1)/Brook(-1)

Lindgren(23/26)

#23/10/19(Game8:Rocket2-3Sens)

Varone/Poehling/Belzile(1A)
Hudon(-1)/Lynch(-1)/Barber(2A-1)
Alain/Evans/Weise
Jevpalovs(-2)/Vejdemo(1G-2)/Cox(-2)

Leskinen/Ouellet(1G)
Olofsson(1A-2)/Lamarche(-2)
Alzner(-1)/Brook(-1)

Primeau(29/32)

Link to post
Share on other sites

#25/10/19(Game9:Rocket1-2WolfPack:OT)

Varone(1A-1)/Poehling(1G)/Belzile(1A)
Hudon/Evans(-1)/Barber
Jevpalovs(-1)/Vejdemo(-2)/Cox
Pezzetta/Lynch/Alain

Olofsson(-1)/Ouellet
Leskinen(-1)/Juulsen
Alzner/Brook(-2)

Lindgren(19/21)

#26/10/19(Game10:Rocket3-2Bruins:SO)

Varone(1A+1)/Poehling(+1)/Belzile(1G+1)
Hudon/Evans(1A)/Barber
Jevpalovs(-1)/Vejdemo(-1)/Cox(-1)
Peca(-1)/McCarron(-1)/Weise(-1)

Olofsson/Ouellet(1G)
Leskinen/Juulsen
Sklenicka(1A-1)/Brook(-1)

Primeau(38/40)

Link to post
Share on other sites
20 hours ago, tony5775 said:

Primeau stops 38 of 40 shots. This guy is the real deal I do believe. If Kincade continues to let in 4 every game, we have a solution.

I think Kincaid has been fine so far this season. I don't expect to see Primeau with Montreal this season. Even if an injury struck, I could see Montreal calling up Lindgren instead (Why? I have no idea). My preference would be for Primeau and McNiven to be splitting time in Laval. Maybe Primeau sees some NHL time next season if he continues to play good hockey? Either way, Carey is signed until the end of the 2025-26 season, so... what's the best Primeau can hope to achieve? Back-up who plays 20-25 games a season?

Link to post
Share on other sites
On ‎24‎/‎10‎/‎2019 at 0:16 PM, campabee82 said:

. My initial assessment would be that Leskinen could develop into an Eric Karlsson type of player.

Interesting . EK is arguably one of the best D men in the world . If your assessment is accurate there is no need for the Habs to seek out a # 1 LHD man

Link to post
Share on other sites
42 minutes ago, Regis22 said:

Interesting . EK is arguably one of the best D men in the world . If your assessment is accurate there is no need for the Habs to seek out a # 1 LHD man

I only saw him in the 1 game vs Belleville but his style and foot speed remind me a lot of Karleson's. He moves the puck quite well has great vision and made smart decisions both with and without the puck. From my understanding he has continued this so far with the Rocket. However that was 1 game in rookie camp so it has to be taken with a grain of salt. That's just the type of player I see him developing into provided he reaches his full potential.

Link to post
Share on other sites
On 11/2/2019 at 1:04 PM, kinot-2 said:

With a 2,,1 ,,, shootout win last night Cayden Primeau, improves his record to 4 wins 2 losses ,1.80 GAA,,941 SV%

Certainly a nice stat line to begin the season! Glad to see he's succeeding. I wonder if Bouchard would start giving him more starts since Lindgren doesn't seem to be performing as well.

Link to post
Share on other sites
  • 1 month later...
4 minutes ago, maas_art said:

The crazy thing is that he has two of the best saves ive seen all year...  just so inconsistent. 

Yeah. That save percentage is just ugly. Sure he has rookie guys on defence and Alzner in front of him but the  quality of shots is also a ton lower. I have serious doubts he's coming back up at this point. It's more then just the rust factor at work in this case. They should just release him and give the kids the net. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
  • 2 weeks later...
On 12/29/2019 at 10:46 PM, H_T_L said:

Kinkaid is not getting games down there. He's played only one more since the last update and it was another loss. 

Looks like the Keith Kincaid experiment is officially over. Admittedly, I thought he would have a decent season as Carey's backup. Boy, was I wrong.

Link to post
Share on other sites

The Montreal Canadiens have traded forward Michael McCarron to the Nashville Predators in exchange for Laurent Dauphin, a forward with the AHL's Milwaukee Admirals.

Link to post
Share on other sites
  • 1 month later...
9 minutes ago, Delirium79 said:

I might be the only one to say this...but I hope they keep KK, Poehling, Brook and Primeau down a full season next year also. I think it would be best for their development. All four are still very young.

That probably isn't going to happen, my guess is that both KK and Poehling will at worst start the year in Laval only to be called up before the halfway mark and will not get sent back down ever

Link to post
Share on other sites
49 minutes ago, Delirium79 said:

I might be the only one to say this...but I hope they keep KK, Poehling, Brook and Primeau down a full season next year also. I think it would be best for their development. All four are still very young.

Its all going to come down to Bouchard i think. If he feels they are ready, they'll start with the big club - if he still has stuff to work on with them, they may not.

I feel like at least JK will probably start with the habs next year.  Obviously their preseason will play a big role but i cant see the team wanting him down there long term - and frankly, im not sure if he really needs it. He was already an effective NHL player last year (albeit a bit overwhelmed for stretches) so i think it was mostly small tweaking they needed to do in laval. 

The others, i think will take some time still. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, maas_art said:

Its all going to come down to Bouchard i think. If he feels they are ready, they'll start with the big club - if he still has stuff to work on with them, they may not.

I feel like at least JK will probably start with the habs next year.  Obviously their preseason will play a big role but i cant see the team wanting him down there long term - and frankly, im not sure if he really needs it. He was already an effective NHL player last year (albeit a bit overwhelmed for stretches) so i think it was mostly small tweaking they needed to do in laval. 

The others, i think will take some time still. 

I would normally agree with this except that Poehling had been with the team for so long this season, although he didn't do a whole lot so that may be the deciding factor for him next season

Link to post
Share on other sites

Watched Laval vs Belleville last night, and really thought KK and Poehling looked good.  Brooks seems to have regressed IMO, doesn't play a solid D game but does have some offensive upside.  Fleury looked fantastic, I would expect him to be back in the show next year.  Not sure who Lynch is, never saw him before but he really stood out for his speed and aggressiveness, could be a potential 3rd or 4th liner next year

Link to post
Share on other sites
38 minutes ago, 26NCounting said:

Not sure who Lynch is, never saw him before but he really stood out for his speed and aggressiveness, could be a potential 3rd or 4th liner next year

Kevin Lynch?  Pretty sure he's on an AHL-only contract - so he's basically Laval Property, not Montreal's.  We could certainly offer him a contract next year but its not a given he's available next year (we couldnt call him up due to injuries for example) 

Im pretty sure he was a high draft pick a while back. I think he's closing in on 30 now though... 

Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

×
×
  • Create New...