The Official Site of the Montréal Canadiens
Canadiens de Montreal

9 hours ago, ChiLla said:

Played 18 minutes on the first pairing with Leskinen, let's hope the kid can stay healthy.

Another scary moment when Juulsen was run into the boards from behind but he got up quickly and was okay.

Crosschecking!!! 

25 minutes ago, habs1952 said:

Crosschecking!!! 

Right in the numbers to boot:wut2:

13 minutes ago, campabee82 said:

The way Szwarz turned his palms up he knew it was a penalty and was protesting even though there was no call.

Yeah, no clue how the ref missed that call. I mean he's literally standing right there watching it unfold.

1 hour ago, habs1952 said:

Crosschecking!!! 

1 hour ago, campabee82 said:

The way Szwarz turned his palms up he knew it was a penalty and was protesting even though there was no call.

I would say it's boarding, worthy of 5 mins. 

2 hours ago, H_T_L said:

AHL should be next to announce end of season.

They did. Pretty much all sports have been cancelled except for golf  (without fans) , Nascar (without fans),.

• 11 months later...

I only saw a few snippets of this game, but apparently a lot of Rocket players had great nights in another win against Belleville. Poehling and Ylonen were stellar, Fairbrother impressed in his debut, and Harvey-Pinard stole the show again. I saw a little of Josh Brook and thought he played decently well too. Jordan Weal looked awful in what I saw of him, but that doesn't really matter as long as the Habs don't think about recalling him.

11 hours ago, BigTed3 said:

I only saw a few snippets of this game, but apparently a lot of Rocket players had great nights in another win against Belleville. Poehling and Ylonen were stellar, Fairbrother impressed in his debut, and Harvey-Pinard stole the show again. I saw a little of Josh Brook and thought he played decently well too. Jordan Weal looked awful in what I saw of him, but that doesn't really matter as long as the Habs don't think about recalling him.

Jordan Weal leading the Rocket in points. So, what you're saying is that having a lot of points doesn't necessarily show that you are a good player?

4 hours ago, electron58 said:

Jordan Weal leading the Rocket in points. So, what you're saying is that having a lot of points doesn't necessarily show that you are a good player?

Actually, I said that I was commenting on this one game and what I saw of him. That said, we've all seen what Jordan Weal can do at the NHL level and it's not good enough for him to be there. I don't think he's going to suddenly improve at this stage of his career, so good for him for producing in the AHL but that doesn't mean he should be in the NHL. I'd rather give a shot to a player who has the potential to get better and contribute more meaningfully down the line.

4 hours ago, BigTed3 said:

Actually, I said that I was commenting on this one game and what I saw of him. That said, we've all seen what Jordan Weal can do at the NHL level and it's not good enough for him to be there. I don't think he's going to suddenly improve at this stage of his career, so good for him for producing in the AHL but that doesn't mean he should be in the NHL. I'd rather give a shot to a player who has the potential to get better and contribute more meaningfully down the line.

Well, for what it's worth,  JW is a very good AHL player. Just can't bring it with him to the show.

11 minutes ago, electron58 said:

Well, for what it's worth,  JW is a very good AHL player. Just can't bring it with him to the show.

Some guys are like that. He's proven he's not an NHLer but all the better for us if he does well in Laval, so long as we're not putting his ice time ahead of developing our actual prospects.

17 minutes ago, electron58 said:

Rocket outshoot Manitoba Moose 41-25, lose in OT, 3-2. Vasily Demchenko, first start & first loss.

:(