The Official Site of the Montréal Canadiens
Canadiens de Montreal

Bodes well for us, but Ylonen, Brook, and Poehling had big games again yesterday for us down with Laval. Brook's development really regressed last year, but if he can keep this together for another 10-12 games, there's definitely an opening for him up here. Imaging if MB could swing a trade based around Chiarot for Dunn and then promote Brook:

Romanov-Petry

Dunn-Weber

Kulak-Brook

Edmundson

As for Ylonen, not much room this year barring injury, but if the Habs do decide to move on from the likes of Danault, Tatar, and Armia, there will be spots there for Caufield, Poehling, and Ylonen to fight for. I've said for a long time now that Ylonen could be the surprise underrated prospect in our pool and he's got both the skating and shot to become a strong middle 6 winger for us. Habs could be looking at a top 9 next year without accounting for any additions of

Drouin-Suzuki-Anderson

Toffoli-Kotkaniemi-Caufield

Ylonen-Poehling-Gallagher

9 hours ago, BigTed3 said:

Bodes well for us, but Ylonen, Brook, and Poehling had big games again yesterday for us down with Laval. Brook's development really regressed last year, but if he can keep this together for another 10-12 games, there's definitely an opening for him up here. Imaging if MB could swing a trade based around Chiarot for Dunn and then promote Brook:

Romanov-Petry

Dunn-Weber

Kulak-Brook

Edmundson

As for Ylonen, not much room this year barring injury, but if the Habs do decide to move on from the likes of Danault, Tatar, and Armia, there will be spots there for Caufield, Poehling, and Ylonen to fight for. I've said for a long time now that Ylonen could be the surprise underrated prospect in our pool and he's got both the skating and shot to become a strong middle 6 winger for us. Habs could be looking at a top 9 next year without accounting for any additions of

Drouin-Suzuki-Anderson

Toffoli-Kotkaniemi-Caufield

Ylonen-Poehling-Gallagher

I love the prospect enthusiasm. To be successful in today’s cap world, no question every year you need to migrate at least 2 if not 3 prospects into your 4 lines and 3 pairings, and patch thru F/A’s. This year it seems to be Romanov and Evans. Next year Fleury could push Brook. I thought Ylonen played the right side but are you suggesting he can play left? The way Dano, Tatar are playing, the chances of them being resigned are slim. Armia is a maybe for the 4th line. I wonder if Chiarot and Byron could be moved whether prima Dona enigma Laine would be back in play? Interesting that big salary Anthony Mantha has regressed in Detroit as an FYI 

28 minutes ago, claremont said:

I love the prospect enthusiasm. To be successful in today’s cap world, no question every year you need to migrate at least 2 if not 3 prospects into your 4 lines and 3 pairings, and patch thru F/A’s. This year it seems to be Romanov and Evans. Next year Fleury could push Brook. I thought Ylonen played the right side but are you suggesting he can play left? The way Dano, Tatar are playing, the chances of them being resigned are slim. Armia is a maybe for the 4th line. I wonder if Chiarot and Byron could be moved whether prima Dona enigma Laine would be back in play? Interesting that big salary Anthony Mantha has regressed in Detroit as an FYI 

Ylonen is a right winger, but look at our right wing going forward... Anderson signed long-term, Gallagher signed long-term, Caufield, and Ylonen. And that's not including whether we offer Armia a contract nor Toffoli, Lehkonen, and Byron who can play both sides. So something's got to give. I was only putting up one example of how it could look without re-signing the UFA's. Of all our RW's, I'd actually probably prefer to keep Ylonen on the right and move Caufield to the left. Ylonen's game is predicated on speed down the wing and while he has a good shot, Caufield is more of a sniper and probably not the guy you want carrying the puck up ice. So of the two, I'd rather have Ylonen on the side where he can push by defenders and protect the puck on the outside and have Caufield be the guy who can tee up one-timers on his off-wing. But could easily be interchanged...