Jump to content
The Official Site of the Montréal Canadiens
Canadiens de Montreal

Laval Rocket


H_T_L
 Share

Recommended Posts

Montreal Canadiens prospects, and recent second round picks Jesse Ylonen and Jan Mysak both left tonight’s game against the Manitoba Moose early with injuries and did not return.  Unfortunately, both of them left tonight’s game early after taking big hits from Moose defenders.

First, in the opening period, it was Ylonen trying to gain the Moose zone with the puck. He was met with a thunderous check along the boards, just where the glass begins at the end of the bench. Ylonen would not be back for the remainder of the contest. Later in the game, Mysak was heading into the corner with Dylan Samberg, a sizeable defender at 6’4″ and 216 pounds. Samberg wallpapered Mysak with a high hit that left the Canadiens prospect down on the ice for several minutes before being helped off the ice by the team’s trainer. I guess, if they can't beat them, they are going to BEAT them. Hope they are OK.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Rocket Rolling, beat Moose 3-1.  Joel Teasdale & Joseph Blandisi 2 more points each. Michael McNiven with a big game 36 shots and 35 saves. 

Blandisi leads the team with 18pts.  Poehling 15pts  Weal 15pts.  & Teasdale 14pts.

Ylonen & Mysak did not play.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

3 hours ago, electron58 said:

Rocket Rolling, beat Moose 3-1.  Joel Teasdale & Joseph Blandisi 2 more points each. Michael McNiven with a big game 36 shots and 35 saves. 

Blandisi leads the team with 18pts.  Poehling 15pts  Weal 15pts.  & Teasdale 14pts.

Ylonen & Mysak did not play.

Sucks for Ylonen especially, he looked promising and was on the right track I think. Hopefully it's nothing too serious, the hit was reminiscent of Pacioretty/Chara though.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Rocket beat the Heat again, Sunday night, outshooting them 38-18 & winning 4-2. Pinard & Weal lead the way with 3 points each.  Poehling & Viellieux 2 points each. McNiven,  with the win. Great environment for CC to be introduced into.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, electron58 said:

Rocket beat the Heat again, Sunday night, outshooting them 38-18 & winning 4-2. Pinard & Weal lead the way with 3 points each.  Poehling & Viellieux 2 points each. McNiven,  with the win. Great environment for CC to be introduced into.

Ya, a winning team. :) . 7-2-0-1 in their last 10. 4th overall league wide. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 4/12/2021 at 11:23 PM, kinot-2 said:

Now that CC is on the Rocket, I will be trying to watch their games.

Good. You were mistaken about their streak earlier. ;) JK.

the AHL television membership is super affordable for the number of games. Best deal anywhere imo. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

27 minutes ago, dreegking said:

Good. You were mistaken about their streak earlier. ;) JK.

the AHL television membership is super affordable for the number of games. Best deal anywhere imo. 

If you know where to go, you can get it for free. :)

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • 2 weeks later...

Joseph Blandisi and Joël Teasdale will see their remarkable seasons end due to knee injuries requiring surgery.  Michael Pezzetta had surgery for a facial fracture and is essentially out for the remainder of the regular season. The team said four weeks, which is after the final game on May 17, and no playoffs this year.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

 Share

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    • No registered users viewing this page.
×
×
  • Create New...