The Official Site of the Montréal Canadiens
Canadiens de Montreal

7 minutes ago, PuckPundit said:

I don't think it's possible to catch Arizona or Buffalo.  But it's possible for Sens to wake up and pass the Habs by the end of the season again.

So this season's saving grace could be another top 3 pick!  :6280:

We're 5th worst right now, but have a lower points percentage than Det and Ott could technically catch us if they won their two games in hand (albeit we'd still own the tie-break). The two problems, as you mentioned, are Buf and Ari. Ari has already played 40 games and has 13 fewer points and stinks. We're not falling behind them unless we go full firesale now. But I think Buf can still catch us. Only 8 pts back with a game in hand. In our next 8 games, we have SJ, TB, Was, and Bos 3 times...

13 hours ago, BigTed3 said:

Jose Theodore just said the Habs need a rebuild... he says "the core isn't working. Pacioretty isn't working but he has a high trade value. Maybe Price, Weber, Galchenyuk, etc. I'm not saying trade all the players but trade a lot of them, bring in young guys... we should be tired of being a mediocre team whose aim is to make the playoffs. Build a good young nucleus and take a real run at a Cup instead."

Bingo.

:2008122810303:

I have been a Habs fan for 70 years and this team is killing me. I now know what it was like to be a Leafs fan!  Ever since MB arrived in Montreal he has slowly destroyed the franchise. We had a better team last year than this and it was not very good. If we could bring back the players that MB sent out of town and put them on the ice we would have a better team than we currently have! There is no chemistry on the ice and that is why Patch is struggling. MB sent Rad & Desharnais away and they were the guys feeding the goal scorer? They are trying real hard to destroy Drouin just like they killed Galchenuk. Drouin is a winger not a center man!! His past success was on the wing! The fact that MB cannot locate a first line center does not support the idea of killing two high scoring wingers. If I were Carey Price I would be asking for a trade. There is not a team inn the league that would not want this guys in their net. He is dying in Montreal and will never win a Stanley Cup there. He is standing on his head every nigh and getting nothing in return from the guys in front of him. This team is a total loss. They cannot execute passes coming out of their end, the defence is brutal in clearing the puck and picking up the loose player around the net. The so called power play is non-existent!!

If a rebuild is in order and it really, really is, then make sure Marc Bergevin has noting to do with it. Geoff please, please give this guy his one way ticket out of Montreal. The fans should stop going to the rink to show their displeasure with MB's work which is in full display on the ice. Tomorrow they will play TB....lord have mercy!!! 

Maybe I will watch Netflix instead as I cannot take what I am seeing each game the Habs play. Maybe we should have them switch places with the Rockets? I am sure they would look much better and provide a good effort which we are not getting now. There is no chemistry on this team regardless of who is playing with whom right now.

Very sad and frustrated fan!!!!

8 minutes ago, richard464 said:

I have been a Habs fan for 70 years and this team is killing me. I now know what it was like to be a Leafs fan!  Ever since MB arrived in Montreal he has slowly destroyed the franchise. We had a better team last year than this and it was not very good. If we could bring back the players that MB sent out of town and put them on the ice we would have a better team than we currently have! There is no chemistry on the ice and that is why Patch is struggling. MB sent Rad & Desharnais away and they were the guys feeding the goal scorer? They are trying real hard to destroy Drouin just like they killed Galchenuk. Drouin is a winger not a center man!! His past success was on the wing! The fact that MB cannot locate a first line center does not support the idea of killing two high scoring wingers. If I were Carey Price I would be asking for a trade. There is not a team inn the league that would not want this guys in their net. He is dying in Montreal and will never win a Stanley Cup there. He is standing on his head every nigh and getting nothing in return from the guys in front of him. This team is a total loss. They cannot execute passes coming out of their end, the defence is brutal in clearing the puck and picking up the loose player around the net. The so called power play is non-existent!!

If a rebuild is in order and it really, really is, then make sure Marc Bergevin has noting to do with it. Geoff please, please give this guy his one way ticket out of Montreal. The fans should stop going to the rink to show their displeasure with MB's work which is in full display on the ice. Tomorrow they will play TB....lord have mercy!!! 

Maybe I will watch Netflix instead as I cannot take what I am seeing each game the Habs play. Maybe we should have them switch places with the Rockets? I am sure they would look much better and provide a good effort which we are not getting now. There is no chemistry on this team regardless of who is playing with whom right now.

Many great shows on Netflix. Currently I'm watching Longmire. A lot more entertaining than the Habnots right now.

1 hour ago, kinot-2 said:

According to Sports Club Stats, the Habs have a 1.1 per cent chance of seeing action beyond the regular season.

There's always an optimist in the crowd!   :rolleyes:

2 hours ago, richard464 said:

Well said on all points! So sad and pathetic but true.

3 hours ago, kinot-2 said:

According to Sports Club Stats, the Habs have a 1.1 per cent chance of seeing action beyond the regular season.

I hear it's a 94% chance we don't make the playoffs

1 minute ago, archey said:

I hear it's a 94% chance we don't make the playoffs

So,,, what you're hearing is that we have a 6% chance of making the POs. :)

That's better odds than mine. :P

Awful. I'm absolutely beyond furious that MB squandered 23 year old Subban/Pacioretty, 25 year old Price, prime Plekanec, 5 great years from Markov, a top 3 pick, Gallagher, and Eller and we're talking about rebuilding again, but at least they're recognizing there's an issue and at least there's something to talk about now. As much as it hurts to talk about moving on from the core Pacioretty/Price/Subban (Weber) core I've been following for a decade I'd rather be talking about rebuilding and have something exciting to look forward to than watching the team keep throwing money at Alzners and Shaws after giving up Subban. 

If a rebuild was done properly this team could retool fairly quickly and be good again within 3 years or so with a bit of luck. The Leafs rebuilt that quickly and basically only got cap dumps for Phaneuf and didn't get a ton for Kessel (Kapanen + 1st basically), while Pacioretty and Weber and possibly Price would bring back tons of value. Shaw, Petry, Byron, Benn, Plekanec, and Schlemko could bring back non-trivial assets at the deadline, and even Alzner might have enough name brand value to someone.   

Drouin, Galchenyuk, Gallagher, Danault, Shaw, Mete, Lehkonen, and Hudon isn't a bad start to another core, and between Juulsen, Ikonen, Poehling, Lernout, McCarron, and Scherbak there's probably at least another NHL player or two. Get lucky at the draft once (NJD won the lottery last year from a higher place than the Habs are in now) and fleece Chiarelli into giving you Puljujarvi and things don't look so dire. 

38 minutes ago, arrowsno13 said:

I am almost certain the Canadians are going to win tonight. I will definitely be watching the game on TV. Go Canada Go!

I think you've got the wrong thread.

• H_T_L locked this topic