Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
HabsRuleForever

Suspensions and Officiating

446 posts in this topic

12 minutes ago, kinot-2 said:

Just seen that on TV, Pathetic, when the Saints should have been going to the SB.

If the Rams defender had turned around, he had an interception.  

NHL.com.  Ottawa forward Zach Smith has been fined $5000 for elbowing Pittsburgh defenseman Marcus Pettersson.  The incident occurred at 6:46 of the second period.  Smith was assessed a minor for tripping.  

NHL.com.  Tampa Bay forward Nikita Kucherov has been fined $5000 for a dangerous trip against Islanders defenseman Scott Mayfield.  The incident occurred at 16:11 of the first period.  Kucherov was assessed a minor for tripping.  

NHL.com.  Philadelphia forward James Van Riemsdyk has been fined $5000 for high sticking Los Angeles defenseman Alec Martinez.  The incident occurred at 1:04 of the first period.  

NHL.com.  Pittsburgh center Evgeny Malkin will have a hearing for high sticking Philadelphia forward Michael Raffl.  The incident occurred at 16:05 of the third period.  Malkin was assessed a match penalty.  

9 hours ago, CANADIENS27 said:

NHL.com.  Pittsburgh center Evgeny Malkin will have a hearing for high sticking Philadelphia forward Michael Raffl.  The incident occurred at 16:05 of the third period.  Malkin was assessed a match penalty.  

Malkin suspended one game for actions in Penguins game against Flyers

Center punished for high-sticking Raffl

NHL.com.  Philadelphia defenseman Robert Hagg has been fined $3091.40 for interference against Tampa Bay forward Cedric Paquette.  The incident occurred at 37 seconds of the third period.  

NHL.com.  Philadelphia defenseman Radko Gudas has been suspended two games for high sticking Tampa Bay forward Nikita Kucherov at 15:52 of the third period.  Gudas was assessed a two minute minor for high sticking.  

NHL.com.  Edmonton center Connor McDavid will have a hearing for an illegal check to the head of Islanders defenseman Nick Leddy.  The incident occurred at 17:38 of the first period.  McDavid was assessed a two minute minor and Leddy remained in the game.  

48 minutes ago, CANADIENS27 said:

NHL.com.  Edmonton center Connor McDavid will have a hearing for an illegal check to the head of Islanders defenseman Nick Leddy.  The incident occurred at 17:38 of the first period.  McDavid was assessed a two minute minor and Leddy remained in the game.  

2 games for McDavid.

14 hours ago, BigTed3 said:

2 games for McDavid.

If the Oil were almost dead before this, they are buried now

So,,,, Chara delivers a head shot in last nights game that typically receives a suspension. The news today,,,,

TSN Hockey Insider Pierre LeBrun reports that Chara will not face discipline for the hit.

Anybody surprised that the alter boy of the NHL gets away with another one?

This was Kanes reaction BTW

Embedded video

20 minutes ago, H_T_L said:

So,,,, Chara delivers a head shot in last nights game that typically receives a suspension. The news today,,,,

TSN Hockey Insider Pierre LeBrun reports that Chara will not face discipline for the hit.

Anybody surprised that the alter boy of the NHL gets away with another one?

This was Kanes reaction BTW

Embedded video

Not a Chara fan in any way. But that fight was fantastic. Kane got what he asked for. He should know better then to poke the Bear.

1 hour ago, tony5775 said:

Not a Chara fan in any way. But that fight was fantastic. Kane got what he asked for. He should know better then to poke the Bear.

How is that poking the bear? If a guy hits you in the head, you should have the right to stand up for yourself. Good on Kane for trying and not letting Chara just get away with it because he's a big bully.

1 hour ago, BigTed3 said:

How is that poking the bear? If a guy hits you in the head, you should have the right to stand up for yourself. Good on Kane for trying and not letting Chara just get away with it because he's a big bully.

Edited by kinot-2

Not a "giant" fan of Chara but he basically just stepped in front of him blocking him off. It was a hockey play it's just that Chara is so much taller. 

Vulnerable position? Finishing your check? Borderline call in my opinion, I don't think it's a head shot to be honest and I'm definitely not a Chara fan. I just don't see the intention.

58 minutes ago, CaptWelly said:

Not a "giant" fan of Chara but he basically just stepped in front of him blocking him off. It was a hockey play it's just that Chara is so much taller. 

50 minutes ago, ChiLla said:

Vulnerable position? Finishing your check? Borderline call in my opinion, I don't think it's a head shot to be honest and I'm definitely not a Chara fan. I just don't see the intention.

Agreed with you guys that there probably wasn't much intent, although he definitely had intent to smoke Pacioretty and he didn't get anything for that either. In this case, though, he does hit Kane in the head. You can say it wasn't a pick play or a blindside, but that's still the primary point of contact. I don't think "Chara is taller" is an acceptable defence. A tall guy isn't allowed to high stick players just because the stick is below his own shoulder level. A short player isn't allowed to clip guys just because he naturally hits lower. Chara is still the one and only person responsible for controlling his body and where he makes contact with another player. It's not the worst hit Chara's ever made but they've suspended other guys for less and my beef is really the inconsistency in these rulings and the fact Chara always seems to get off no matter what the reasoning.

2 hours ago, ChiLla said:

If McDavid's was a suspension worthy check to the head even though unintentional Charas should have been 2 games as well

40 minutes ago, campabee82 said:

If McDavid's was a suspension worthy check to the head even though unintentional Charas should have been 2 games as well

Yeah but McDavid doesn't have a big B on his jersey. Can't offend Jacob now can they?

15 hours ago, campabee82 said:

I would say McDavid's definitely looked intentional to me. Even though they were going back and forth It still didn't look intentional on the Chara hit and Kane did lean forward as he was reaching for the puck. I don't want players getting injured but we are getting to the point where soon there will be very little to none hitting because  of how the other player may turn and what might happen. What ever happened to keep your head up and protect yourself and don't put yourself in a vulnerable position. I like a fast game yes but I like hockey to be a strong physical game also. 

NHL.com.  New Jersey forward Kurtis Gabriel will have a hearing for boarding Philadelphia center Nolan Patrick at 5:02 of the third period.  Gabriel was a five minute major for boarding.  

NHL.com.  Winnipeg defenseman Ben Chiarot has been fined $3763.44 for cross checking Arizona forward Nick Cousins.  The incident occurred at 15:40 of the second period and Chiarot was given a two minute minor for cross checking.  

7 hours ago, CANADIENS27 said:

NHL.com.  New Jersey forward Kurtis Gabriel will have a hearing for boarding Philadelphia center Nolan Patrick at 5:02 of the third period.  Gabriel was a five minute major for boarding.  

1 game.