Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
HabsRuleForever

Suspensions and Officiating

446 posts in this topic

The League once again proves it has NO credibility. Anybody else with that jokers record would have received minimum double that amount.

18 hours ago, BigTed3 said:

Yup. At least he got 5 games this time. Could have and should have been more given his track record, but at least they didn't write this one off completely.

He is apparently going to be taking part in All Star activities.  

52 minutes ago, CANADIENS27 said:

He is apparently going to be taking part in All Star activities.  

Maybe he'll get booed. :)

On 1/24/2018 at 8:30 PM, BigTed3 said:

Yup. At least he got 5 games this time. Could have and should have been more given his track record, but at least they didn't write this one off completely.

On 1/24/2018 at 8:49 PM, H_T_L said:

The League once again proves it has NO credibility. Anybody else with that jokers record would have received minimum double that amount.

I found this article interesting re marchand: 

It’s bad enough that Marchand only received five games for an action that was so egregious, so blatant and so gratuitously vicious and dirty. But what makes it worse is that George Parros and his band at the NHL’s department of player safety watched Marchand’s indiscretion hundreds of times in slow motion from every angle and never had any intention of giving him more than five games. It made that crystal clear when it passed on the option of mandating an in-person hearing for Marchand, since the league is permitted to give a suspension of six or more games only when it calls the player on the carpet in person. And despite the suspension, this guy still gets to play in the All-Star Game this weekend.

Bold is mine.

2 hours ago, kinot-2 said:

I found this article interesting re marchand: 

It’s bad enough that Marchand only received five games for an action that was so egregious, so blatant and so gratuitously vicious and dirty. But what makes it worse is that George Parros and his band at the NHL’s department of player safety watched Marchand’s indiscretion hundreds of times in slow motion from every angle and never had any intention of giving him more than five games. It made that crystal clear when it passed on the option of mandating an in-person hearing for Marchand, since the league is permitted to give a suspension of six or more games only when it calls the player on the carpet in person. And despite the suspension, this guy still gets to play in the All-Star Game this weekend.

Bold is mine.

The league has continually shown they will let certain players off light because they're afraid of taking stars off the ice. We've seen Ovechkin let off. Chara repeatedly, with the Pacioretty neck fracture being the most egregious example. Lucic. Marchand. Lots of others... I'm happy he didn't get off, but yeah, this should have been longer. He's a multiple repeat offender who doesn't learn. It wouldn't have been extreme to sit him for 15 games.

On ‎1‎/‎24‎/‎2018 at 8:32 PM, BigTed3 said:

Also embarrassing was how Bruce Cassidy defended Marchand by declaring he was just protecting himself. Anyone who saw the play can see Marchand goes out of his way to throw his elbow into Johanssen's head. At no point did Johanssen threaten Marchand. Classic Bruins. But you can see from the way they played us in past weeks that they continue to be a team of cheapshot artists.

Johansson has since been placed on injured reserve.  

NEW YORK - New Jersey Devils forward Taylor Hall has been fined $5,000, the maximum allowable under the Collective Bargaining Agreement, for boarding Buffalo Sabres forward Kyle Okposo during NHL Game No. 762 in Buffalo on Tuesday, Jan. 30, the National Hockey League's Department of Player Safety announced today.

2 hours ago, kinot-2 said:

NEW YORK - New Jersey Devils forward Taylor Hall has been fined $5,000, the maximum allowable under the Collective Bargaining Agreement, for boarding Buffalo Sabres forward Kyle Okposo during NHL Game No. 762 in Buffalo on Tuesday, Jan. 30, the National Hockey League's Department of Player Safety announced today.

He was only assessed a minor penalty for boarding.  

29 minutes ago, CANADIENS27 said:

He was only assessed a minor penalty for boarding.  

Which is also laughable! I wonder what Parayko gets for his dirty hit on Byron. Probably a kiss and told to behave himself.

NHL.com.  Buffalo forward Johan Larson will have a hearing for a hit against Florida forward Vincent Trocheck.  The incident occurred at 19:25 of the third period.  Larson was assessed a minor penalty for cross checking a match penalty.  

On 1/31/2018 at 4:20 PM, habs1952 said:

Which is also laughable! I wonder what Parayko gets for his dirty hit on Byron. Probably a kiss and told to behave himself.

I guess I was right.

NHL.com.  Buffalo forward Johan Larsson got two games.  

NHL.com.  Washington forward T.J. Oshie has been fined $5000 for slashing Pittsburgh defenseman Kris LeTang.  The incident occurred at 19:40 of the second period.  Oshie was assessed a minor penalty.  

2 hours ago, CANADIENS27 said:

NHL.com.  Washington forward T.J. Oshie has been fined $5000 for slashing Pittsburgh defenseman Kris LeTang.  The incident occurred at 19:40 of the second period.  Oshie was assessed a minor penalty.  

TSN reports it was cross-checking. Still waiting for Parayko to be disciplined but I guess I better not hold my breath.

The Nashville Predators find themselves without star forward Filip Forsberg once again after he was suspended 3 games by the NHL Sunday for a hit on the Rangers Jimmy Vesey Saturday night.

The Department of Player Safety ruled the suspension was for “interference”. Vesey had his head down in the corner when Forsberg came flying in led by his posterior region.

Here's the video:

https://www.nhl.com/video/forsberg-suspended-three-games/t-277440360/c-57365303

3 games for that , I ve seen guys do worse and get nothing

17 hours ago, kinot-2 said:

The Nashville Predators find themselves without star forward Filip Forsberg once again after he was suspended 3 games by the NHL Sunday for a hit on the Rangers Jimmy Vesey Saturday night.

The Department of Player Safety ruled the suspension was for “interference”. Vesey had his head down in the corner when Forsberg came flying in led by his posterior region.

Here's the video:

https://www.nhl.com/video/forsberg-suspended-three-games/t-277440360/c-57365303

Incident occurred at 2:57 of the third period.  

1 hour ago, CANADIENS27 said:

Incident occurred at 2:57 of the third period.  

Definitely a late hit , he was watching it develop and once he saw the puck was gone could of easily pulled up. Good penalty. 

Hopefully Burrows gets suspended for using his knee to hit Taylor Hall's head.

5 hours ago, jennifer_rocket said:

He turned down an in-person hearing so it could be 6 games or more.

I never did hear or see anything with regard to the Gudas hit?? 

6 hours ago, jennifer_rocket said:

42 minutes ago, habs1952 said:

He turned down an in-person hearing so it could be 6 games or more.

Here's the kneeing:

Burrows' hit occurred at 10:02 of the 2nd period and resulted in a minor for cross checking and a minor for roughing.  

4 hours ago, CANADIENS27 said:

Burrows' hit occurred at 10:02 of the 2nd period and resulted in a minor for cross checking and a minor for roughing.  

10 games.