The Official Site of the Montréal Canadiens
Canadiens de Montreal

Thu, Oct 5 7:00 PM ET Montreal @ Buffalo MSG-B, TSN2, RDS, TSN 690 Radio

kinot-2

Just now, HabsRuleForever said:

The one who answers last thread

Just found it. this is her post. 

"Didn't really know where else to post this but dang, I really miss you guys and this place. I'm definitely not as involved as I was before with hockey and I miss that but still cheering hard for the Habs. I've since dated a bruins fan and am dating a "leafs fan" who's best friend is a Sens fan so that gets interesting. I'm in Kitchener still. Working away as an RN. I hope you are all doing well.I also really miss doing GDT :( So maybe I'll try and get my butt on here to do some next season. Hope everyone is enjoying their summer :blush: "

22 minutes ago, kinot-2 said:

Just found it. this is her post. 

"Didn't really know where else to post this but dang, I really miss you guys and this place. I'm definitely not as involved as I was before with hockey and I miss that but still cheering hard for the Habs. I've since dated a bruins fan and am dating a "leafs fan" who's best friend is a Sens fan so that gets interesting. I'm in Kitchener still. Working away as an RN. I hope you are all doing well.I also really miss doing GDT :( So maybe I'll try and get my butt on here to do some next season. Hope everyone is enjoying their summer :blush: "

My sister is marrying a "Leafs fan" whos cousin is Dion Phaneuf. :/
He's got a place here in Edmonton. Met him a few times, nice guy

4 minutes ago, Percent said:

My sister is marrying a "Leafs fan" whos cousin is Dion Phaneuf. :/
He's got a place here in Edmonton. Met him a few times, nice guy

You "really" should have had a talk with her. :D

Same old, same old. Nothing ever changes under the Bergevin regime.

1. PP still can't score;

2. Players still hemmed in their own end;

3. Taking penalties at the wrong time.

Very lucky to pull a Houdini via SO. But there won't be a hot start like previous seasons. 

The good news is I'm certain this is going to be Bergevin's last season as GM. Keep watching.

7 hours ago, BizarreReverend said:

Well, winning the opener is always nice, but wish it didn't come down to the shootout and that the Habs weren't basically outplayed for most of the game.

It was ugly at times but there are some positives to take.  Pretty much all our forwards looked good.   Price looks game-ready (albeit he let in at least one softy) and Mete looks like the real deal.

Our biggest, glaring problem is defense - as was to be expected.  Outside of Mete-Weber everyone looked pretty terrible. Even Petry wasnt good. I am still willing to attribute a lot of that to learning the zone-coverage CJ is famous for. Its not the easiest thing to adapt to and clearly some of our guys are having issues.  

1. The PP was better than what we saw most of last year. Much more movement of players, faster puck movement, more lateral passing to get the D and goalie moving. I feel good about the PP.

2. I feel less good about the PK and the defence in general.

3. Petry has looked average in pre-season and last night, but blame a lot of that on his partner. Hard to look good playing with Alzner. Really putting a lot of hope on Schlemko here, but if we had put Petry with a guy like Mete, Markov, or even Beaulieu, I think he'd have looked better than what we have been seeing next to Alzner.