The Official Site of the Montréal Canadiens
Canadiens de Montreal

#37 Antti Niemi

kinot-2

20 minutes ago, booboo_mtl said:

I hope it's just to make Price's numbers look good. 6.74 GAA and .814 save%, we're becoming a punch line again

15 minutes ago, HabsRuleForever said:

The apocalypse is upon us.

This has nothing to do with Price, it's because of the Montoya injury. Niemi isn't an NHL level goalie anymore but I doubt he plays a single game for the Habs. This is just so Fucale can go back to Laval and play instead of sitting on the bench as Lindgren's backup. When Price gets back they'll send Lindgren back to Laval instead of having him sit on the bench in Montreal, and when Montoya gets back they'll waive Niemi.

18 minutes ago, Noob616 said:

This has nothing to do with Price, it's because of the Montoya injury. Niemi isn't an NHL level goalie anymore but I doubt he plays a single game for the Habs. This is just so Fucale can go back to Laval and play instead of sitting on the bench as Lindgren's backup. When Price gets back they'll send Lindgren back to Laval instead of having him sit on the bench in Montreal, and when Montoya gets back they'll waive Niemi.

Oh I know that you noob.:4322:

39 minutes ago, booboo_mtl said:

I hope it's just to make Price's numbers look good. 6.74 GAA and .814 save%, we're becoming a punch line again

LOL..

Niemi appeared in two games with the Panthers, both in relief of James Reimer, posting an .872 save percentage and a 5.08 goals-against average.

The 34-year-old Niemi played in three games for the Penguins earlier this season, recording a 7.49 goals-against average and .797 save percentage before getting waived.

10 minutes ago, HabsRuleForever said:

Oh I know that you noob.:4322:

I guess I should preface that by saying it's what a rational team would do...there's a non-zero chance they think Lindgren is still too young to be the starter while Price is injured even though he's a million times better than Niemi...

1 minute ago, Noob616 said:

I guess I should preface that by saying it's what a rational team would do...there's a non-zero chance they think Lindgren can't be the starter while Price is injured because he's too young or whatever.

If Price isn't back and playing better by Christmas, Charlie can have his job for the next 8 years as far as I'm concerned.

34 minutes ago, Noob616 said:

Uhhh.... so the Habs have backup games on the 21/22 and 29/30 of November. They...aren't actually going to start Niemi for one of those are they? 

< Shivers at the thought.

31 minutes ago, Noob616 said:

Uhhh.... so the Habs have backup games on the 21/22 and 29/30 of November. They...aren't actually going to start Niemi for one of those are they? 

Makes you wonder.

I also wonder if Waite had any input on the claim.  Maybe he thinks he can help Neimi regain form although I agree with Noob, most likely this is about allowing Fucale to go back & get some games in and having a body dressed behind Lindgren. 

MB today said (I kid you not) "you can never have enough goalies"... so after saying that about D men last year and acquiring lots of depth players but very little talent, he's moved on to goalies. He now has the most goalies with sub .900 save percentages. Someone has to reiterate to him the word "good", as in you can't have enough good D men and good goalies.

13 minutes ago, BigTed3 said:

MB today said (I kid you not) "you can never have enough goalies"... so after saying that about D men last year and acquiring lots of depth players but very little talent, he's moved on to goalies. He now has the most goalies with sub .900 save percentages. Someone has to reiterate to him the word "good", as in you can't have enough good D men and good goalies.

He must be the only GM in the league that thinks that way. 

27 minutes ago, Regis22 said:

This signing means CP's injury is longer than expected .

LIke when they signed Scrivens and he was a bust , just like Niemi will be

Well Carey himself said today he was hoping to be out two weeks and back Nov 16 but that he now expects that to be longer... so yes, definitely a setback in his pace of recovery.

3 hours ago, BigTed3 said:

Well Carey himself said today he was hoping to be out two weeks and back Nov 16 but that he now expects that to be longer... so yes, definitely a setback in his pace of recovery.

don't really feel the need to get CP back at the moment, he should take his time and not rush anything, hope he comes back inspired

5 hours ago, Manatee-X said:

:lol::lol::lol:

Maybe we should get him some help.  After all, you can never have enough GMs!

hey man, by his own admission its really hard. its been marc and the terrible horrible no good really hard day for a while here. I bet hed love some help

6 hours ago, Manatee-X said:

:lol::lol::lol:

Maybe we should get him some help.  After all, you can never have enough GMs!

HAHA. 

Upgrade Timmins to GM.  His duties will include doing everything necessary to... you know,  run the team.    MB will be co-GM and his duties will include... speaking to the media in French.

Problem solved. 

1 hour ago, maas_art said:

HAHA. 

Upgrade Timmins to GM.  His duties will include doing everything necessary to... you know,  run the team.    MB will be co-GM and his duties will include... speaking to the media in French.

Problem solved. 

CC to Geoff.